NFL 2016 Week 3/4: The Darkness Peers Back

Jace, Extat

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I've finally figured it out. Rockroi, with his continued getting people's names wrong, has revealed himself to be none other than Chuck Tingle. It all makes sense now!

Hmmm...I don't know. Not enough homoerotic sex with dinosaurs to set off any alarm bells.

https://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Tingle/e/B00SF2MTYK

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Hmmm...I don't know. Not enough homoerotic sex with dinosaurs to set off any alarm bells.

https://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Tingle/e/B00SF2MTYK

I dunno. This seems to fit the bill for everything

And here's what he said about Gronk. I'm almost positive this is a direct quote from Rockroi

13 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I kind of like the way the guy who - in a fit of righteous indignation - claimed to swear off football entirely last season, comes in here to make fun of me for spelling somebody's name wrong.  Because, its better than coming back in here in week 1, 2 or 3 and do that (when the Pats won ... hmmmmmmm... I wonder if these things are connected?).  

I always knew you paid .... jussssssst a little too close attention to me, but this is sad.  

2 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

I kind of like the way the guy who - in a fit of righteous indignation - claimed to swear off football entirely last season, comes in here to make fun of me for spelling somebody's name wrong.  Because, its better than coming back in here in week 1, 2 or 3 and do that (when the Pats won ... hmmmmmmm... I wonder if these things are connected?).  

I always knew you paid .... jussssssst a little too close attention to me, but this is sad.  

Rubbles Wilson is disappointed in me too. 

I actually had no idea how good or bad the Pats were doing until Manhole brought it up. I really don't care otherwise. 

And yes, I totally am making fun of you spelling people's names wrong over and over again, because it's funny and it makes you sound almost precisely like Chuck Tingle, which is also really funny. 

2 minutes ago, Fiddler said:

:bang:

6 points?  6 points?  You can only score 6 points against the Bears???  I don't even know what to do with that.  I mean, did someone tell Caldwell that the game was Monday?

Did they win? Because I'd totally believe that 6 points is more than enough to win. Caldwell is extraordinarily upset with you about your implication

Kal, how has Michael looked today?  I know the Jets are a rough run D, so I'm not that worried about just over 3 YPC, but you know how stats never tell the whole story.  

I just got back in from mowing the lawn.  Anyone know what happened to Newton? 

And of course I get to play Julio Jones when he puts up 300 yards....

Just now, JonSnow4President said:

Kal, how has Michael looked today?  I know the Jets are a rough run D, so I'm not that worried about just over 3 YPC, but you know how stats never tell the whole story.  

I have no idea. Sorry. Unless someone on my list tweets about it I don't really pay a lot of attention. I did hear he got a couple of big runs but I'm guessing from that stat line he got stopped a lot?

Just now, Kalbear said:

I have no idea. Sorry. Unless someone on my list tweets about it I don't really pay a lot of attention. I did hear he got a couple of big runs but I'm guessing from that stat line he got stopped a lot?

I'd expect getting stopped a lot against the Jets.  I'm a little more concerned if his production was mainly on big runs.  Still, looks like it didn't hurt the offense as a whole, whatever happened.

I do know that a lot of people on my list were super, super happy that Ifedi was starting, which amuses me - when you're beyond thrilled that a rookie guard is able to start, that says a lot about how bad your OLine is. 

10 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I do know that a lot of people on my list were super, super happy that Ifedi was starting, which amuses me - when you're beyond thrilled that a rookie guard is able to start, that says a lot about how bad your OLine is. 

Those Aggies are something (Manziel doesn't exist).  Ifedi is as physically talented as almost any lineman in the NFL.  If y'all can clean up his technique (read as give him any), he can be a steal at the end of the first.

Just now, sperry said:

Mariota has been atrocious.

That's what I've heard too. I would like to say that it's the coaching staff, but it may be that he just doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL. Usually you get some sign of a turnaround in year 2 if they're going to do well, and what my other Duck friends have said is that if anything he's gotten worse. 

I think there are other QBs who have regressed in their second seasons and still gone on to have good ones - Eli I think is one - but it's probably more likely that he'll be a bust. Damn shame, that. 

Just now, Kalbear said:

That's what I've heard too. I would like to say that it's the coaching staff, but it may be that he just doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL. Usually you get some sign of a turnaround in year 2 if they're going to do well, and what my other Duck friends have said is that if anything he's gotten worse. 

I think there are other QBs who have regressed in their second seasons and still gone on to have good ones - Eli I think is one - but it's probably more likely that he'll be a bust. Damn shame, that. 

Way too early to write him off as a bust.  They are nowhere close to having the talent for him to succeed now though. They have a boatload of draft capital next season. Hopefully they can help him out.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Okay, fine. You're 1-3 and just lost the 1st London game of the season to the Jacksonville Jagulars, whom hold the tiebreaker over you due to this win. Welcome to the basement, Jace. Pull up a chair, I'll get you a beer. 

Thank you, I'll take the cheapest vodka you have and some Hawaiian punch if you have it, though.

Archived