Which characters knew Jon Snow is Lyanna and Rhaegar's son, apart from Ned and Howland?

Free folk Daemon

11 minutes ago, spauldo17 said:

.....that's my point.  A baby (jon) can't "find" ned doing anything at that age.  Are you reading the conversation?

Truth be told no I haven't read it all. I just reload the page and saw your answer and asked without knowing the context.

2 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Truth be told no I haven't read it all. I just reloaded the page and saw your answer and asked without knowing the context.

haha ok fair.  Context is that someone else ( I forget their screen name) is saying that when the book says "they found ned still clutching lyanna's body"  that the "they" could be Howland and the baby (Jon) 

I'm saying that doesn't make contextual sense because saying "they" in this context implies that both parties (i.e. Jon as a baby and Howland) are capable of doing said action (walking in and finding Ned)

This tells me that the "they" is Howland and someone else, and I'm thinking Wylla.

15 hours ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

GRRM has stated that only Ned and Howland left the Tower of Joy alive. Possibly Jon was sent to Starfall earlier by Arthur.

So Edric's parents possibly knew about Jon. Wylla was a servant of house Dayne. Possibly Allyria (a little girl when Jon was born) knows too.Some of them gave Edric the information he shared with Arya. 

I believe he said ned and howland reed were the only men to leave the tower he said nothing of women of kids. as a new born Jon would have needed milk soon so there had to be a wet nure or Jon would have died on his way to starfall.

so wylla was likely at the tower already

On 28. 9. 2016 at 2:22 PM, Endymion I Targaryen said:

GRRM has stated that only Ned and Howland left the Tower of Joy alive. Possibly Jon was sent to Starfall earlier by Arthur.

So Edric's parents possibly knew about Jon. Wylla was a servant of house Dayne. Possibly Allyria (a little girl when Jon was born) knows too.Some of them gave Edric the information he shared with Arya. 

10 hours ago, Dex drako said:

I believe he said ned and howland reed were the only men to leave the tower he said nothing of women of kids. as a new born Jon would have needed milk soon so there had to be a wet nure or Jon would have died on his way to starfall.

This. The person who asked George intended to found out whether Arthut Dayne was still alive, so he asked specifically about "men".

10 hours ago, Dex drako said:

9 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

This. The person who asked George intended to found out whether Arthut Dayne was still alive, so he asked specifically about "men".

Men means both males and people. The question might mean males but GRRM might mean people. But I won't insist on that. 

My point is that Edric's father (at least) knew about Jon. He was the lord of Starfall. He would ask about her service at the Tower of Joy or who's was the baby she and Ned carried.

1 hour ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

Men means both males and people. The question might mean males but GRRM might mean people. But I won't insist on that. 

My point is that Edric's father (at least) knew about Jon. He was the lord of Starfall. He would ask about her service at the Tower of Joy or who's was the baby she and Ned carried.

For what it's worth, I totally agree with you about the Daynes. There is no way the Daynes didn't know precisely what was going on. I've tried to think of a way they couldn't know and it is impossible.

@Dex drako 

I agree with you, the breastfeeding issue is the strongest argument.

But it doesn't mean that the wet nurse was already in the tower (though, of course, it would be more logical and prudent).

See, TOJ is near of both Kingsgrave and Nightsong. The (first) wet nurse could have been found there.

On 9/29/2016 at 7:07 PM, bent branch said:

For what it's worth, I totally agree with you about the Daynes. There is no way the Daynes didn't know precisely what was going on. I've tried to think of a way they couldn't know and it is impossible.

I agree, at least Lord Dayene, Edric's father should know. I don't believe that Rhaegar would have left heavy pregnant Lyanna in the middle of nowhere only with 3 guards. There must be someone who would help by childbirth and probably breestfeed in case Lyanna won't be able to it herself. I guess Wylla was rather provided by Daynes or she came with Lyanna nad the KG all the way and stayed in Starfall afterward. A wet nurse/midwife should come from a trustful source like Dayne's family.

Besides that, Ned coming to Starfall with a new born baby would rise a lot of questions, and there is no way to explain them otherwise that the child is from ToJ.

So it's 6am here and I'm on hour 11 of a 12 hour shift, but wasn't there also a theory about Lem being the ghost in Winterfel? Or is his location currently known? I just can't help but think that if Lem is in fact Rhaegar's former squire and knows the truth, and also could be hiding out in Winterfel's crypts killing people, then could his be the secret they find down there?

7 hours ago, Rusty Winchester said:

So it's 6am here and I'm on hour 11 of a 12 hour shift, but wasn't there also a theory about Lem being the ghost in Winterfel? Or is his location currently known? I just can't help but think that if Lem is in fact Rhaegar's former squire and knows the truth, and also could be hiding out in Winterfel's crypts killing people, then could his be the secret they find down there?

Never heard this one. It is not impossible, but, IMHO, someone like Harwin, who would know his way around Winterfell, would make more sense. Lem as Lonmouth, though, might still get his say via the Neck convergence, when Howland Reed, Robb's will, Ned's bones, BwB and UnCat will make for one hell of a revelation :D

Archived