Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: On the fringes of the MCU [Endgame spoilers pg. 19]

Corvinus85

I thought the show was implying the Koenigs were clones, with the original Life Model Decoy program being about clones, perhaps with genetic engineering for something like slightly better than average reflexes or extreme nerdiness or whatever.  But if the Koenigs are the only ones part of it, it didn't get very far.  If there are more sets of LMD clones, maybe we'll meet them.  Before we saw the Russian's face, I thought we were going to see a clone of Grant Ward.  :-|

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lmanion said:

ward 5.0!

I can live with this so long as it doesn't somehow end with a Ward LMD joining the team. 

Also I'm pretty sure Jemma's grave indicated her birthday was September 11th which is just a weird date to choose. 

3 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Something tells me that grave isn't legit. The Framework is supposed to be your life, only better.

Better for the real people plugged into it, not the NPCs. The real Simmons isn't supposed to be there, so presumably the others are supposed to be better off without her. What that suggests about Fitz is a bit worrying. But on the other hand they were intending to add Simmons later, so in theory there should be a place for her. I'm not sure a shared ideal world is very practical, since people's desires will sometimes be in conflict.

Didn't Aida say she had to reset the Framework and make adjustments when she added new people to it?  So she would have had to change it to make Simmons alive if the LMDs had captured Jemma and uploaded her brain, but since Daisy and Jemma hacked their way in, Jemma's history inside is that she is dead in the current version.   Be interesting to see if that gives Jemma more power in the Framework as she is independent of the Framework operating program, while Daisy has dropped into a preprogrammed role.

It was seriously well done.  The Simmons bit will be interesting.  I loved the Triskellion coming back.  If only they could get Redford to do an episode...or even Toby Smith...this next batch of episodes will allow for so much potential.  

But they can't spend too many episodes in the Framework though, can they?  They'll have to address Aida on the outside...

On 22.2.2017. at 11:54 PM, Corvinus said:

While this "pod" (whatever that means) ended with a great episode, I'm not excited to learn that the third pod of this season features a "what if" plot with the virtual reality probably being a major, if not total, part of it.

On the other hand, I'm totally delighted that it will be. :):) I was hoping for that eversince the Framework was mentioned. I started hoping/suspecting that's what it will be about when Chloe Bennet gave an interview a couple of weeks ago saying episode 15 and the last pod would be awesome, mindblowing, would make people '$hit themselves' and would be 'rewarding' for fans watching the show since season 1. I love AUs and this is some seriously mindf#cky, twisted stuff. It's going to be like Buffy "The Wish" if it was a full blown arc, with some Matrix and Dollhouse thrown in.

It's interesting that the almost all of the main and many of the recurring cast have now played multiple roles on the show. Iain de Caestecker was one of the few who had not, before this latest episode. But Evil!RoboFitz was the best thing ever, especially since he was so similar to the real Fitz. (He also did that thing where characters tell you the truth before you realize it, when he was telling Simmons "I'm the bad guy" in the typical emotional, adorable Fitz way. Kind of reminds of Ward going "I'm not a good man, Skye... I lied to you" in season 1.) That was the best scene in the episode, other than the Framework reveal.

On 22.2.2017. at 11:49 PM, lmanion said:

It seems like it is a bit of a misdirect to make people believe she is dead after her whole speech about dying in the framework to daisy. Also ward 5.0!

:cheers::dunce::drunk::D:drool:

Surprise, mothafucka.

Dead guys, mothafucka.

Jemma dies, mothafucka.

Hydra thrives, mothafucka.

(Technically it's just 3.0, though I guess some would say 4.0...)

BTW wouldn't "Daisy and Her Dead Boyfriends" make a great Goth band name?

On 23.2.2017. at 4:38 AM, Leofric said:

Didn't Aida say she had to reset the Framework and make adjustments when she added new people to it?  So she would have had to change it to make Simmons alive if the LMDs had captured Jemma and uploaded her brain, but since Daisy and Jemma hacked their way in, Jemma's history inside is that she is dead in the current version.   Be interesting to see if that gives Jemma more power in the Framework as she is independent of the Framework operating program, while Daisy has dropped into a preprogrammed role.

But how is she going to be in it at all? She can't inhabit a rotting corpse in a coffin. And if she somehow hacks into another avatar... well, that would mean no Elizabeth Henstridge in the Framework, unless they do that weird thing where we're supposed to think they see her differently but we see her as Simmons (like The X-Files did with Mulder in the season 6 episode 'Dreamland'). 

This is why I'm also skeptical whether she's really dead. It wouldn't be the first time someone in MCU faked their own death, complete with a gravestone.

On the other hand, the date of death given on her gravestone (8 November) is very close to the airdate of episode 1.6 "F.Z.Z.T." (5 November 2013), so maybe she's supposed to have died during the events of that episode, because Fitz was not there to encourage her to find a cure?

On 23.2.2017. at 3:03 AM, RumHam said:

I can live with this so long as it doesn't somehow end with a Ward LMD joining the team. 

Also I'm pretty sure Jemma's grave indicated her birthday was September 11th which is just a weird date to choose. 

Actually, it's not a weird date at all, since 11 September 1987 is Elizabeth Henstridge's real birth date, and it had already been established as Simmons' birth date in season 1 (we see it on her SHIELD ID). The writers were a bit lazy, I guess. They also gave Ward Brett Dalton's real birth date, 7 January 1983 (it was also seen on his SHIELD ID, in the Pilot, I think).

Daisy has a different birth date than Chloe Bennet, though, and she's 4 years older than Bennet (Daisy -  2 July 1988, Chloe - 18 April 1992).

On 25.2.2017. at 3:57 AM, Jaxom 1974 said:

It was seriously well done.  The Simmons bit will be interesting.  I loved the Triskellion coming back.  If only they could get Redford to do an episode...or even Toby Smith...this next batch of episodes will allow for so much potential.  

But they can't spend too many episodes in the Framework though, can they?  They'll have to address Aida on the outside...

Oh yes, they can! :D Knowing what the title of the last pod is going to be...

I'm sure they are going to be spending some time in the real world, too, but I think it will be interspersed with the Framework in all the remaining 7 episodes.

According to an interview by Jed Whedon, this isn't just a virtual reality simulation, it's a full blown AU, because the magic (?) of the Darkhold gave Aida the ability to make a perfect duplicate of our world - with a few adjustments.

Here is my detailed theory on how the AU as we see it came to be, due to the changes she's made:

http://travllingbunny.tumblr.com/post/157739151028/theory-on-how-spoiler-from-agents-of-shield-came

Some mild spoilers for upcoming episodes, if you want that kind of thing.

There's been some spoilery unconfirmed info/speculation over the last week on characters that will appear. Also, a set photo that someone has snapped and published on Twitter today. I wouldn't say it's particularly spoilery - two characters interacting in the Framework, but nothing you couldn't have guessed based on how episode 4.15 ended. Still, be warned. I find the hairstyles and clothes particularly interesting.

Their haircuts and clothes are right out of late season 1. Compare a scene from 1.20 for reminder:

Some casting spoilers:

Apparently IMDB is listing a stuntman for B.J.Britt (Trip) in episode 4.18. Britt himself isn't listed for the episode, but that's not surprising. Stuntmen and extras often add their credits to IMDB listings of movies or episodes before the major info (cast, crew etc.) is released.

Also, Nick Blood (Hunter) has been seen and photographed with Iain de Caestecker (Fitz) a lot over the last week. Now, they are friends, so that doesn't have to mean anything. Still, the fact that they're hanging out so much lately points out he may be on set.

11 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I'm mainly just glad people seem to be enjoying it. It's got hacky elements sure, and isn't all that connected to the universe, but I never felt it was as bad as made out.

I've complained about the show a lot but I never thought it was bad. Just frustrating at times because it's not really what it was sold as (relevant to the MCU.) I've always enjoyed watching it. Though it has had some dumb moments over the years. I don't think I'll ever get over Fitz setting the drapes on fire with Tripp's grandfather's old laser cigarette that one time. Just the casual way he waves around the laser beam and then is surprised he's started a fire cracks me up every time. 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived