Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: On the fringes of the MCU [Endgame spoilers pg. 19]

Corvinus85

Love the goodwill towards this show. For all the praise the Marvel Netflix shows get, I will always hold it down for AoS. It's as good as a lot of what we see over there. I am completely unfamiliar with the actress playing AIDA/Agnes/Madame Hydra, but she is knocking it out of the park. The differences in her performance as Agnes against the rest are clear, but I even notice subtle differences in how she plays Madame Hydra against AIDA. So good.

Signs point to a renewal for the show, too.

Um, do I misremember something, or a person not being an inhuman exposed to a broken terrigen crystal should die? I'm not familiar with the comics, mind you.

The episodes in the Framework were great. I wish it could last for a few more.

34 minutes ago, 3CityApache said:

Um, do I misremember something, or a person not being an inhuman exposed to a broken terrigen crystal should die? I'm not familiar with the comis, mind you.

It was contact with the material the diviners were made of that killed non-inhumans (that's how Tripp died, for example). Most of the terrigen crystals used in the show contained traces of the diviner material, so they also killed anyone not an inhuman who was exposed to them.

The ones in the simulation are supposedly pure terrigen.

4 hours ago, Jon AS said:

It was contact with the material the diviners were made of that killed non-inhumans (that's how Tripp died, for example). Most of the terrigen crystals used in the show contained traces of the diviner material, so they also killed anyone not an inhuman who was exposed to them.

The ones in the simulation are supposedly pure terrigen.

Well the ones that Daisy's mum synthesised had traces in them, the ones inside the diviners were pure.

Awww, Mace. I'll miss him along with Tripp and Ward (when they eventually go.)

Can I just say that Fitz's father was cast perfectly.

I too hope they retain all their memories. I can see with Fitz this going down a bit of a Wesley (the best character arc in the Buffyverse) route.

On 4/19/2017 at 9:20 AM, Corvinus said:

Another solid episode.

Hide contents

That was a sad, but worthy ending for the Patriot. I forgot that Mace was also put in the Framework, I thought he was just an NPC. Initially I thought that the reason why he was actually an Inhuman was because Aida didn't know about the serum, but it's clear now that him not really being the hero that people thought he was his biggest regret. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgot Mace was in the Framework.

I was rolling my eyes during all the dramatic music and Jemma's reaction because I thought it was just code running its course. It wasn't until that final scene that I realised he was "for reals" dead. He was an okay character, but there can be only one...Director of SHIELD.

On 4/19/2017 at 7:07 PM, Martini Sigil said:

I had no idea this show was back for the past 3 weeks.... Christ I feel like a moron #WatchingOnDemand

Don't. ABC does not have their shit together when it comes to scheduling new episodes. They aired the first 8 episodes over 11 weeks from September - December. Show went on hiatus and came back for 7 episodes that aired consecutively from January-February. And the last five episodes started up again in April. So, yeah, it's not easy keeping track of this show.

22 hours ago, 3CityApache said:

Um, do I misremember something, or a person not being an inhuman exposed to a broken terrigen crystal should die? I'm not familiar with the comics, mind you.

The episodes in the Framework were great. I wish it could last for a few more.

I thought the same thing when Mae was standing next to Skye. I just chalked it up to something AIDA changed in the Framework.

And did anyone else like David O’Hara as Fitz's dad? He plays a great bad guy.

12 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgot Mace was in the Framework.

Reveal hidden contents

I was rolling my eyes during all the dramatic music and Jemma's reaction because I thought it was just code running its course. It wasn't until that final scene that I realised he was "for reals" dead. He was an okay character, but there can be only one...Director of SHIELD.

Don't. ABC does not have their shit together when it comes to scheduling new episodes. They aired the first 8 episodes over 11 weeks from September - December. Show went on hiatus and came back for 7 episodes that aired consecutively from January-February. And the last five episodes started up again in April. So, yeah, it's not easy keeping track of this show.

I thought the same thing when Mae was standing next to Skye. I just chalked it up to something AIDA changed in the Framework.

And did anyone else like David O’Hara as Fitz's dad? He plays a great bad guy.

The Terrigen crystals aren't harmful to humans, the metal from the Diviner is. That's why people haven't been dying from the fish oil pills.

Yeah, David O'Hara (who's been my fancast for Randyll Tarly since forever) was really well cast.

Has anyone seen the first sneak peak for the next episode? Pretty interesting FW backstory info there.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering next week's preview, they may have time to create one body and upload one mind, if any. It will come down between Tripp, Ward, and Hope, and I think they'll go with Hope. But it may be that it will only be an attempt, and they'll run out of time. I just hope they don't kill off Mack.

I loved Fitz reaction when he came back. It will be some time before he recovers.

9 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I loved Fitz reaction when he came back. It will be some time before he recovers.

It's not quite clear, but I do hope it's the two memories layered on top of one another, so he feels the Doctor was as real as the regular Fitz ever was.

15 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

It's not quite clear, but I do hope it's the two memories layered on top of one another, so he feels the Doctor was as real as the regular Fitz ever was.

They all have both sets of memories now. It fits with what Jeff Loeb and Chloe Bennet said at Wondercon, that everyone is going to be feeling emotional consequences of their time in the Framework.

I don't think they'll be building any bodies for any of the dead people from the Framework. It doesn't seem like any of the protagonists even think that's possible, and I hope the show either makes it clear it's either impossible or incredibly dangerous because there's Darkhold involved etc. The show really shouldn't be going there. I don't want it to become like Heroes, which became notorious for always hitting the reset buttons on every death and bringing characters back, until death didn't have a meaning on the show and viewers never thought there were any stakes. 

Just leave them where they are, in the Framework, and don't shut the Framework down.

I liked the episode except for the ending and how everyone had to have their little conversation before jumping through the portal. Also Mae just sitting there waiting for Aida's exposition and screaming for Fitz to move was such a hacky TV moment. 

10 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

They all have both sets of memories now. It fits with what Jeff Loeb and Chloe Bennet said at Wondercon, that everyone is going to be feeling emotional consequences of their time in the Framework...

Just leave them where they are, in the Framework, and don't shut the Framework down.

Agreed, them retaining Framework memories will have some interesting repercussions--especially for Fitz/Simmons. As for the Framework not being shut down--the season finale is titled "World's End," so that's not looking good. :/

On 4/21/2017 at 1:48 PM, Annara Snow said:

The Terrigen crystals aren't harmful to humans, the metal from the Diviner is. That's why people haven't been dying from the fish oil pills.

I I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who made that mistake. I remember thinking it was the Terrigen that killed Tripp and being corrected on here. 

Anyway I just caught up this weekend on the Framework episodes. I liked them a lot though I did laugh during "What If...?" at the fact that even in the evil alternate universe the authorities still use non-lethal guns. Also Gemma didn't have a drivers license or other non-SHIELD ID to show the woman giving her a ride? Like if you were a member of a spy organization and someone who did not know who you were asked you for ID wouldn't you first show them your license and not your "I'm a spy" ID? Still, I did enjoy the five episodes

In other news the synopsis for the finale is kinda dumb about spoilers.

I assume this won't be a spoiler after the penultimate episode but it's odd they released this now if it's supposed to be a "surprising return"

With the surprising emergence of Ghost Rider, Coulson and the team attempt to stop Aida from ending the world on the exciting season finale of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I think they released that info about the returning character on purpose, to get more hype and better ratings. There is a portion of viewers - I don't know how big, but certainly vocal and annoying - that have been constantly asking when that character would return.

Just as I was thinking that for someone who is new with emotions, Ophelia was handling them a little too well, then boom!

I'm not really a fan of spirits of vengeance, so I wasn't too thrilled with Ghost Rider's return.  

If there was a swipe at the Trump administration in this ep, then I must've missed it, which is too bad.

Archived