Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: On the fringes of the MCU [Endgame spoilers pg. 19]

Corvinus85

On 5/10/2017 at 0:56 PM, Knight of Ashes said:

Just as I was thinking that for someone who is new with emotions, Ophelia was handling them a little too well, then boom!

I'm not really a fan of spirits of vengeance, so I wasn't too thrilled with Ghost Rider's return.  

If there was a swipe at the Trump administration in this ep, then I must've missed it, which is too bad.

Yeah, Ophelia/Aida quickly went Crazy-Ex-Girlfriend in a horrifyingly spectacular way. And I'm not sure I caught a direct dig at the Trump administration either other than the fact the real bad guy behind the scenes is a guy literally named The Russian. :unsure:

1 hour ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Yeah, Ophelia/Aida quickly went Crazy-Ex-Girlfriend in a horrifyingly spectacular way. And I'm not sure I caught a direct dig at the Trump administration either other than the fact the real bad guy behind the scenes is a guy literally named The Russian. :unsure:

I've come to view those anti-Trump digs as more entertaining than Stan Lee cameos. :D

6 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Yeah, Ophelia/Aida quickly went Crazy-Ex-Girlfriend in a horrifyingly spectacular way. And I'm not sure I caught a direct dig at the Trump administration either

A dangerously powerful person with no emotional maturity throwing a horrific tantrum when things don't go their way?

There's been two direct swipes at Trump/Republicans that I can think of in the last few weeks.  I think in the first episode in the Framework, evil Fitz used the line "Nevertheless she persisted" when talking about torturing Daisy/Skye.  And then in one of the latest episodes someone dropped the "Alternative Facts" line - Aida, maybe?  It was Coulson in his TV monologue.

"Nevertheless, she persisted" - http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/lindsay-kornick/2017/04/20/abcs-agents-shield-borrows-nevertheless-she-persisted-line

A lot of good stuff happened in the finale, however I felt the pacing of the episode felt disjointed. They kept jumping from one scene to another a bit too fast. It felt like they wanted to do a longer season finale, but were not allowed to, so they crammed everything they wanted to show in the allotted time. The Ghost Rider stuff felt particularly rushed, along with Aida's end, and all the main characters now being hunted.

Spoiler

But I liked that end scene with GR and hoped for a quick Dr. Strange cameo. :P

I loved the Framework stuff. Good ending for Radcliffe, and resolution to Mack's plot.

Spoiler

I am definitely intrigued by that end scene, but I wonder if they did because they want these characters to have a connection to the larger plots at play (Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers) or did they just do it to separate them from the upcoming storyline in the Inhumans TV show?

17 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

What end scene are you guys talking about?  Sounds like I missed something in my watch.

Spoiler

Coulson wakes up in a room that looks to be on a space station or ship (possibly prison).

Things got resolved a little too quickly for my taste; especially in Fitz's case.

Also, what with show exerting a certain amount of effort into trying to convince Simmons and Daisy that the denizens of Hydraworld are real enough ( what with Ward's speech and hopes of getting his Skye back and Tripp taking up the Patriot mantle) I thought they were somehow gonna keep their existence.

Wasn't impressed with AIDA/Ophelia devolving from an almost sympathetic  protagonist into a two-dimensional villain.

Anyway, liked Radciffe's end and despite my dislike for characters with that Old Testament feel, I am somewhat curious as to what that deal  that Coulson made with Ghosty.

Obviously the Coulson in space is the real Coulson, but was the one in the diner captured with his team by the government a LMD?  ie. The latter has nothing to do with the former, and Coulson in space happened for another reason?  I was thinking that reason has to do with consequence of taking on the Ghost Rider mantle briefly, perhaps becoming part dark matter himself, so he can't be on Earth anymore.

1 hour ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

It made sense- Ophelia was essentially a child in terms of emotional maturity. Of course she wouldn't have a reasonable reaction to Fitz not choosing her.

I understand that - I'm just not big on whatever made the character sympathetic in the  previous episode completely disappearing and her going psychotic so Ghost Rider could conveniently do his hellfire thing on her, no objections. 

4 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Obviously the Coulson in space is the real Coulson, but was the one in the diner captured with his team by the government a LMD?  ie. The latter has nothing to do with the former, and Coulson in space happened for another reason?  I was thinking that reason has to do with consequence of taking on the Ghost Rider mantle briefly, perhaps becoming part dark matter himself, so he can't be on Earth anymore.

That wasn't my read of it. The guys who took them had technology we haven't seen before and said something about a window closing in a few minutes, which I assume was some kinda space portal. I don't think there's anyone in the US Government with more advanced tech than SHIELD. So they're probably aliens or something. 

Also Talbot is alive but in a coma, WTF? I thought he was shot like right in the forehead. 

12 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I am definitely intrigued by that end scene, but I wonder if they did because they want these characters to have a connection to the larger plots at play (Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers)

I chuckled a bit at that. But I guess it's possible they're working towards a one sided tie-in with Infinity War. (Sorry I had to remove the spoiler tags to get this post to go through cause of board weirdness) 

7 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Did Ward kinda just go away once they left the Framework...?  He wasn't about with Mack in the bunker...

Yeah, some kind of closure for Ward and Tripp, like the one Radcliff got, would have been nice I guess.

I'm kinda intrigued by the ending. So they (or at least Coulson) left the Earth. Wonder where they could go from there.

It was mildly surprising that the machine Aida used wasn't a plot point at the end at all.  With four candidates to use it, it just got forgotten as well...or was it destroyed on the oil rig?

Archived