Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: On the fringes of the MCU [Endgame spoilers pg. 19]

Corvinus85

36 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

It was mildly surprising that the machine Aida used wasn't a plot point at the end at all.  With four candidates to use it, it just got forgotten as well...or was it destroyed on the oil rig?

It was destroyed in the oil rig. I though maybe Fitz could build a new one. But I realized that will never happen when they mentioned that Aida's body was made with the darkness (i.e. different dimension materials) from where the Darkhold comes. So anybody else would have been the same. + not much time to do all that anyway.

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

It was mildly surprising that the machine Aida used wasn't a plot point at the end at all.  With four candidates to use it, it just got forgotten as well...or was it destroyed on the oil rig?

It was destroyed with the oil rig unless the Russian loaded it on to his submarine.    Fitz did design it, so if the writers had wanted to use it, they could have had them cobble together a new one some how.

My hope for season 5 is to continue on the way they've been, but maybe a tiny bit more tying into the main movie universe with some referencing. I don't need a lot, but it would be nice if SHIELD felt like it belonged to something...

Decent finale to a solid arc.  Theyve really found their stride for the most part.  

But probably not going to watch next season.  The ham handed political references kept pulling me out of the story.  I assume its only going to get worse next season since a lot of this season was presumably planned before before November.

16 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Do they have access to SWORD and Brand? I always saw her as more of an X-Men auxiliary.

Fair point, but Inhumans are the new mutants (Puns!), so a form of SWORD is feasible in the MCU. I have a strong feeling this is going to tie in to the new Inhumans show and possibly we'll have SHIELD S5 intro the MCU to Blackbolt and the "royals" before their new show airs. 

1 hour ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Fair point, but Inhumans are the new mutants (Puns!), so a form of SWORD is feasible in the MCU. I have a strong feeling this is going to tie in to the new Inhumans show and possibly we'll have SHIELD S5 intro the MCU to Blackbolt and the "royals" before their new show airs. 

I believe Inhumans is premiering before Agents of Shield season 5.

It's been confirmed by the showrunners that they don;t have the rights to SWORD and that its not a version of SWORD.

20 hours ago, Dragon in the North said:

I believe Inhumans is premiering before Agents of Shield season 5.

Inhumans in fall, Shield in January, but Shield is getting 22 eps. It's weird.

On 5/24/2017 at 8:43 PM, Darth Richard II said:

It's been confirmed by the showrunners that they don;t have the rights to SWORD and that its not a version of SWORD...

Do you have a link? I did a Google search and the closest I could come up with was this article with a misleading title. It's based on a series of tweets by a VFX supervisor on AoS, and in one of his final tweets he states, "I will say this. I truly have no idea who this group is. The writers have said nothing to anyone."

I did find an IGN interview and an EW interview with he showrunners and in neither interview did they mention S.W.O.R.D. one way or the other.  :/

I can try and dig it up, it was in one of the million post finale interviews. But the simple reason is that SWORD originated in an X-men comic, and Fox has the rights to any organization/concept introduced in X-Men books by default, unless they renegotiate, and even then SWORD relies on a lot of stuff Fox has the rights to.

• 5 months later...
47 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I didn't see anyone in that who was definitely a knock off. Roguish-guy-in-a-coat is basically all we know about him so far.

Guess I need to finish Inhumans. Wish me luck.

Why do you need to? I hope there is no tie in, I gave up watching Inhumans after 3 (or maybe 4) episodes.

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

I didn't see anyone in that who was definitely a knock off. Roguish-guy-in-a-coat is basically all we know about him so far.

Guess I need to finish Inhumans. Wish me luck.

He's also got a very similar mask.

• 3 weeks later...

It's amazing to me how bad inhumans was considering that this has been (for the most part) a solid show.... I agree that a mention or reference here or there could go a long way to remind us that this is (supposed to be) the same universe... To me, this show is less "Agents of Shield"... and more like "The Coulson files"... I would have liked to see source material characters like John Walker, or Clay Quartermain... you know, actual Agents of Shield to fill out the cast...and it sucked losing Mockingbird.... but still... if this season is as good as the last one... I'll be happy.

Archived