Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: On the fringes of the MCU [Endgame spoilers pg. 19]

Corvinus85

I might be giving them too much credit, but I think they are intentionally doing that with Daisy. She has got overly reliant on her powers, and she is kind of dealing with thinking she's brought humanity to the brink of extinction. So I hope they're going the route of forcing her to use her other talents.

Now watch the show prove me wrong. :P

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

There really shouldn't be an atmosphere, or decent gravity, on what remains of Earth.

Hard to really tell, but the main chunk could be as big as 1/8th to 1/5th the size of old Earth.  Either are bigger than most moons of Jupiter and Saturn.  Take Titan, which has a hydrocarbon atmosphere 1.45 times pressure that of non-Quaked Earth's.  Titan only has a surface gravity less than our Moon's, at 1.352 m/s², though/because it has a bigger diameter.  The main factor is that it is cold as hell, so the molecules of hydrocarbons don't have enough energy to escape the gravity.  Depends on a lot of factors, mainly energy, but quaked-Earth that size could retain atmosphere and have substantial gravity.  The mass hasn't disappeared, just displaced.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have pegged Fitz for more of a Liverpool fan.

Nice to have a call back to the vision inhuman, but I completely forgot that Daisy did meet Robin and her mother during her goth phase. And I think is the one who gave her the bird.

So two ammunition things. How many rounds do those tranc guns hold? And is it normal policy to keep them fully loaded just lying around?

Still doesn't explain Enoch's soldiers,where did they come from? Where have they gone? Where did he get that van.

So glad he didn't say his name was Uatu.

'I Love you.'

'I Know.'

On the nose? Yes. Still loved it.

All we've seen of the aliens ship so far is the door ways, but it had more of a Kirby-esque style than we've seen on the show so far. I hope they intend to pursue it, as it was one of the things I really loved about Thor Ragnarok. The Lighthouse so far is pretty visually uninteresting, which kind of fits bits of it, being a dingy bunker hanging on in space. But the Kree quarters, especially Kasius',should have a bit more flair, than the shittyily rendered walls they have.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

So I guess now we have the inhuman that will put Earth back together?  Will he do it in the present or the past?  Do they take him back to stop Daisy?  

Or Daisy took the fall for what this untrained inhuman did.

15 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Or Daisy took the fall for what this untrained inhuman did.

So in effect the agents are sent to the future to get the inhuman to break the earth because the earth needed to be broken to go to the future?  

I'm genuinely enjoying this season but sometimes time travel can annoy me.

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

So I guess now we have the inhuman that will put Earth back together?  Will he do it in the present or the past?

It would be awesome if they do keep it in the present/future, and don't alter the past so none of it ever happens. Daisy destroying the world for real would be an impressive series finale!

12 minutes ago, felice said:

It would be awesome if they do keep it in the present/future, and don't alter the past so none of it ever happens. Daisy destroying the world for real would be an impressive series finale!

It would definitely be interesting to go that route. I don’t know if they’ve really seeded a good reason for her to do so. Would it be vengeance against Steel Balls for killing someone or accidental? Or just something made up out of thin air?

3 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

It would definitely be interesting to go that route. I don’t know if they’ve really seeded a good reason for her to do so. Would it be vengeance against Steel Balls for killing someone or accidental?

Accidental seems most likely, with her powers growing beyond her ability to control them. Probably as a result of some villain attempting to harness them in some way. Do we know what date Earth is destroyed, or could it be held off for as many seasons as they want to keep the show running?

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I wonder if the inhibitor plays a part

Possible, but unless this is the final season I'd expect that will be gone by the end of the current arc, and it seems a bit anticlimactic as the cause of the end of the world.

They have explicitly tied the current situation to the season 3 arc where they firmly established that the future can't be changed, so it would be quite a cop-out to unhappen these events. But keeping this as the actual future would mean completely breaking with the pretence that it's set in the same universe as the movies, and even as a standalone series it would be a brave move.

3 hours ago, lmanion said:

What happened to lmd daisy could aida have given her powers and thats why everyone thinks its this daisy that broke the world?

No. LMDs can only look and sound like Daisy, they did not have her powers. (As Daisy pointed out in 4.15, when she used that to prove to Jemma it was really her, rather than an LMD.) AIDA had to go through a lot of effort to be able to build herself a human/Inhuman body with all sorts of powers, and that included stealing matter from another dimension.

2 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I have a hard time believing that Daisy destroyed the world... I know they keep saying that, but her powers aren't even close to being able to do that... So I'm guessing "misdirection"

They acknowledge that she's not strong enough to do it yet in the show. Though back when she was first learning to use her powers, she shook a mountain enough to start an avalanche, so her power wasn't exactly weak to start off with. Either something is going to amplify her powers to the point where she can do it, or she's going to be blamed for something else; I'm not fussed as long as the planet does get shaken apart for real.

• 4 weeks later...

Just binged the last few days and caught up.  I'm not really loving this season - the same dreary indoor sets over and over are tedious.  I'm sort of assuming at this point that the young kid who can meld rocks together will become uber-powerful and meld the Earth back together. 

And...is there any point in pretending this is in the same universe as the movies at this point?  The AOS team has faced enemies far more powerful than Ultron...and yet the Avengers have never stepped in.

I don't think Flint will hold the Earth together. That's kinda silly. I think his main role is to get the stone working, and send them back in time. If he goes back in time and the Earth is saved, a paradox could be created, because he may not exist. There was mention of an alien attack. I think the next arc this season will deal with preventing this future from happening.

The way stuff sometimes gets mentioned on the show, I think the show writers would still want to be part of the greater universe, even if the movie guys don't want any connection.

Archived