Corvinus

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: On the fringes of the MCU

127 posts in this topic

Love the goodwill towards this show. For all the praise the Marvel Netflix shows get, I will always hold it down for AoS. It's as good as a lot of what we see over there. I am completely unfamiliar with the actress playing AIDA/Agnes/Madame Hydra, but she is knocking it out of the park. The differences in her performance as Agnes against the rest are clear, but I even notice subtle differences in how she plays Madame Hydra against AIDA. So good.

Signs point to a renewal for the show, too.

I had no idea this show was back for the past 3 weeks.... Christ I feel like a moron #WatchingOnDemand

Posted (edited)

Um, do I misremember something, or a person not being an inhuman exposed to a broken terrigen crystal should die? I'm not familiar with the comics, mind you.

The episodes in the Framework were great. I wish it could last for a few more.

Edited by 3CityApache

34 minutes ago, 3CityApache said:

Um, do I misremember something, or a person not being an inhuman exposed to a broken terrigen crystal should die? I'm not familiar with the comis, mind you.

It was contact with the material the diviners were made of that killed non-inhumans (that's how Tripp died, for example). Most of the terrigen crystals used in the show contained traces of the diviner material, so they also killed anyone not an inhuman who was exposed to them.

The ones in the simulation are supposedly pure terrigen.

4 hours ago, Jon AS said:

It was contact with the material the diviners were made of that killed non-inhumans (that's how Tripp died, for example). Most of the terrigen crystals used in the show contained traces of the diviner material, so they also killed anyone not an inhuman who was exposed to them.

The ones in the simulation are supposedly pure terrigen.

Well the ones that Daisy's mum synthesised had traces in them, the ones inside the diviners were pure.

Awww, Mace. I'll miss him along with Tripp and Ward (when they eventually go.)

Can I just say that Fitz's father was cast perfectly.

I too hope they retain all their memories. I can see with Fitz this going down a bit of a Wesley (the best character arc in the Buffyverse) route.

On 4/19/2017 at 9:20 AM, Corvinus said:

Another solid episode.

Hide contents

That was a sad, but worthy ending for the Patriot. I forgot that Mace was also put in the Framework, I thought he was just an NPC. Initially I thought that the reason why he was actually an Inhuman was because Aida didn't know about the serum, but it's clear now that him not really being the hero that people thought he was his biggest regret. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgot Mace was in the Framework.

I was rolling my eyes during all the dramatic music and Jemma's reaction because I thought it was just code running its course. It wasn't until that final scene that I realised he was "for reals" dead. He was an okay character, but there can be only one...Director of SHIELD.

On 4/19/2017 at 7:07 PM, Martini Sigil said:

I had no idea this show was back for the past 3 weeks.... Christ I feel like a moron #WatchingOnDemand

Don't. ABC does not have their shit together when it comes to scheduling new episodes. They aired the first 8 episodes over 11 weeks from September - December. Show went on hiatus and came back for 7 episodes that aired consecutively from January-February. And the last five episodes started up again in April. So, yeah, it's not easy keeping track of this show.

22 hours ago, 3CityApache said:

Um, do I misremember something, or a person not being an inhuman exposed to a broken terrigen crystal should die? I'm not familiar with the comics, mind you.

The episodes in the Framework were great. I wish it could last for a few more.

I thought the same thing when Mae was standing next to Skye. I just chalked it up to something AIDA changed in the Framework.

And did anyone else like David O’Hara as Fitz's dad? He plays a great bad guy.

12 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgot Mace was in the Framework.

Reveal hidden contents

I was rolling my eyes during all the dramatic music and Jemma's reaction because I thought it was just code running its course. It wasn't until that final scene that I realised he was "for reals" dead. He was an okay character, but there can be only one...Director of SHIELD.

Don't. ABC does not have their shit together when it comes to scheduling new episodes. They aired the first 8 episodes over 11 weeks from September - December. Show went on hiatus and came back for 7 episodes that aired consecutively from January-February. And the last five episodes started up again in April. So, yeah, it's not easy keeping track of this show.

I thought the same thing when Mae was standing next to Skye. I just chalked it up to something AIDA changed in the Framework.

And did anyone else like David O’Hara as Fitz's dad? He plays a great bad guy.

The Terrigen crystals aren't harmful to humans, the metal from the Diviner is. That's why people haven't been dying from the fish oil pills.

Yeah, David O'Hara (who's been my fancast for Randyll Tarly since forever) was really well cast.

Has anyone seen the first sneak peak for the next episode? Pretty interesting FW backstory info there.