What's Next for Beric?

Winter prince

On 27 September 2016 at 3:19 AM, Winter prince said:

Since Beric is still alive in the show, what's next for him?

Does he die pointlessly?

Or will he follow a book-like trajectory?

Michelle Fairley ( the woman who played Catelyn Stark) is doing another TV show, not sure if she can find the time to film in GOT as well. That coupled with the fact that the seasons are shorter, i don't think he will die so we can get Lady Stone Hart.

Not sure who can he die for at this point, unless Jon dies again. Maybe for the Hound? And later on we get undead vs undead brothers fighting?:)

I hope he sticks around. he was a great character in the books and I thought he (and the BwB) were fantastic in the show. I've never understood the appeal of LSH.  when I read that and realized what happened I didn't say "what!? oh my god!" instead I simply said "what? why?"  I am almost certain I am in the minority though.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

maybe but will he come back... again.

I hope he stays dead. I like him , but what is the point of keeping him around? He is dead in the books . If they bring Beric back again , then he truly is Azor Ahai reborn. 

5 hours ago, LordImp said:

I hope he stays dead. I like him , but what is the point of keeping him around? He is dead in the books . If they bring Beric back again , then he truly is Azor Ahai reborn. 

His purpose in the books was to bring LSH to the world. Show he is just some dude that has been there And back again.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

His purpose in the books was to bring LSH to the world. Show he is just some dude that has been there And back again.

Yeah and with no LSH on the show , they should just kill him off for good. 

36 minutes ago, LordImp said:

Yeah and with no LSH on the show , they should just kill him off for good. 

With Melisandre permanently banned from Jon's inner circle, the Lord of Light needs some representation. Beric will fill this void as a means to fill Jon in on the prophecy, and his importance. Once this Is done, Beric is disposable.

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Yeah, that was his purpose in the books but show, may be his last year.

I think the same thing. They might want to kill a few people off in order to fulfil the shocking death quota and Beric is the perfect candidate for that, beause he's death in the books. 

22 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I think the same thing. They might want to kill a few people off in order to fulfil the shocking death quota and Beric is the perfect candidate for that, beause he's death in the books. 

I look forward to seeing Others/White Walkers and the wyghts being fought by warriors with flaming swords.

Archived