Do we know what happened to Widow's Wail?

Aenarion

Widows wail is 3" shorter and 1/2" thinner than Oathkeeper.   Jorah's a big man.   Although it's a cool sword it seems to me a man of Jorah's stature and skill would be better suited to oh maybe a big ass great sword?   We've only got 2 blades that could be wielded by a smaller person, ie, woman or child.   I personally have 28 potential heroes for only 12 swords.   Jorah needs something bigger so a smaller character can have a smaller sword.   Brienne doesn't count as she is bigger than many men and seems to handle Oathkeeper quite handily.   I think the hint for Jorah getting a sword points to Truth even if we have no idea what Truth looks like.  That hint is a tenuous double entendre not an outright hint.  (But it's a damned fun tenuous double entendre that Lady Blizzardborn told me once!)  Oh here's the quote for all it's worth...

"To go north, you must journey south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward you must go back, and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow."
Asshai, Dany thought. She would have me go to Asshai. "Will the Asshai'i give me an army?" she demanded. "Will there be gold for me in Asshai? Will there be ships? What is there in Asshai that I will not find in Qarth?"
"Truth," said the woman in the mask. And bowing, she faded back into the crowd.   Daenerys 3 ACOK

Archived