Do you think any Freys will survive?

Aenarion

In particular, I remember that Olivar Frey (Robb's Squire) wanted to stay with him due to his oaths and sense of duty/honor. He was forced to return to the Twins (I wouldn't be surprised if he was dragged there, honestly). He was kept out of the Red Wedding, and I wouldn't be surprised to know that he was held captive at the Twins to avoid him warning Robb about it somehow (be it by stealing a raven or going away on his own). 

Now, he and Roslin are the only Freys that we know of that hated the Red Wedding, and had to be forced to either be a part of it or be kept out of it. Is it possible that lordship of the Twins would pass to Olivar after all the shit goes down there, and the Freys eventually recover their honor (if Olivar continues to act honorably as he has so far)?

I don't think any will be returning from the North. Every Frey and their 2,000 men army in the North will die. 

And the ones in the Riverlands will be offed. I think GRRM made guest right so big that offing 3,500 people under it is to do worst and extinct the house that did it. 

I may be wrong but I think the Freys will become extinct. 

There was a thread about the locations of Freys a number of months ago. It was discussed that some Freys had moved to the Vale to live with other family. I believe those in the Vale are safe from the predations of LSH. I think it will be incredibly difficult to eradicate all Freys.

One thing I seem to keep at the back of my mind, is that there are Freys that married into other houses. Are those Freys as well? Are their children Freys? Or is it only those Freys that called the Twins their home? The Riverlands (a number of Freys [Amarei] went to Darry)? The Freys that had left the twins will be extremely difficult to track down and "exterminate".

I dont think they will all die and wouldnt like it. I like besides those who oposed RW Lame Lothar and Walder himself. Big Walder is also decent. Roslyn ofc I would like to live, but I would also like her child to live.

Now I think that that there will be civil war in hiuse Frey, I think those from North will die, i think Roslyn and baby will because Edmure is one who has to suffer at every possible occassion, I think both Edwyn and BWalder will, Emmon and Amarei plus some non relevant. I think Walder Rivers and Lame Lothar might make it and at least one of three honorable Freys, also a lot of unrelevant Fres will die and a lot of unrelevant Freys will survive. If they all die out it will be almost comical.

There are however a few who deserve to die:

Walder Frey himself, "Black" Walder, "Lame" Lothar and Walder Rivers, and these are just the awful ones we know of.

However, I think it's rather unfair to kill all the Freys. Walder Frey is known for being a coward and is rather disliked, but that doesn't mean all of his descendants are and I think we should give most of them the benefit of the doubt in regards to them distrusting one another.

The outliers who fled are probably safe. And I dont see LSH slaughtering the children that must be in the Twins. 

Plus she needs some witnesses to tell the tale of how Catelyn Stark rose from the dead and let a massive pack of wolves loose in the castle. 

8 hours ago, The Wolves said:

I don't think any will be returning from the North. Every Frey and their 2,000 men army in the North will die. 

100% agree. But there such a massive house, I think some will be left. Not that they would be allowed to have the Twins after though. 

4 hours ago, Lord Vance II said:

The outliers who fled are probably safe. And I dont see LSH slaughtering the children that must be in the Twins. 

Plus she needs some witnesses to tell the tale of how Catelyn Stark rose from the dead and let a massive pack of wolves loose in the castle. 

100% agree. But there such a massive house, I think some will be left. Not that they would be allowed to have the Twins after though. 

I don't think LSH is concerned with any sense of morality.  The main Frey line will be extinguished

Just now, Winter prince said:

I don't think LSH is concerned with any sense of morality.

I mean, if shes the embodiment of a mother's grief and wants justice for her slain children, I just don't see her offing the kids. I could see a pretty young cut-off though. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Vance II said:

I mean, if shes the embodiment of a mother's grief and wants justice for her slain children, I just don't see her offing the kids. I could see a pretty young cut-off though. 

I see where you're coming from; truthfully, I hope she doesn't have a prominent role going forward

23 minutes ago, Lord Vance II said:

She was about to hang Podrick who's just a little kid so I don't see her having any problem with killing Frey kids. 

3 hours ago, Lord Vance II said:

I always see LSH as embodiement of pure revenge rather than mother´s grief.

14 hours ago, Winter prince said:

I don't think LSH is concerned with any sense of morality.  The main Frey line will be extinguished

Well, we saw her twice for very short amount of time, good arguments can be made that she is just a mother in grief and that she just wishes blood, I do not think we can argue that much on her. But I do not think she will be around for very long so it wouldnt matter.

Logistically speaking, it is nearly impossible to kill every single Frey. The majority that lives in the Twins will probable die, but there are others scattered in both Westeros and the Free Cities, and let us not forget the well-off Frey Bastards and their families and possible descendants of Late Walder's cousins. 

So no, though they will be greatly reduced in numbers.

The Freys at Darry,Casterly Rock and the Vale are possible to survive.

Perwyn, Olyvar, and Alesander Frey have good chances because Catelyn noticed their absence. Olyvar Frey or one of his brothers can be the ward of Gyles Rosby mentioned in Cersei's chapters. 

All Freys who are at Riverrun and North will die. Definitely Lord Walder, Edwyin,Black Walder, Lothar,Rymound, Hosteen and Big Walder will not survive.

Septon Luceon has good chances too.

Archived