U.S. Elections: Apocalypse upon the horizon

lokisnow

7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Perhaps this?

?although I hope not, in less it is in response to him hammering her on Bill's affairs. Could really care less to be honest.

Yea, I hope not too. We already know enough about his affairs to know he's a terrible person. No need to really know more. It won't change much.

1 minute ago, Altherion said:

We already know that he cheated on his first wife with his second and on his second with his third. I'm not sure further revelations of infidelity would come as much of a surprise or have much of an impact.

I guess the Republicans will just have to cede their claim on family values.

Though after all, Gingrich did have to get his children from his first wife to say that his second wife was lying about his third wife. 

Integrity people! 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Though after all, Gingrich did have to get his children from his first wife to say that his second wife was lying about his third wife. 

Integrity people! 

Nope.

Family values.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

If you would like to add your voice to what Trump will debate next time, you can do so!

https://www.gop.com/debate-prep-survey/

I wonder if Trump's dick (I mean "little Donald" not Eric "Bateman" Trump) makes it on the list (vote it there as optional issue). I would actually pay money to see Trump bragging about his manhood in a presidential town hall - you have to bring back the classics from the primaries. From the actual list, him talking about abortions or his immigration policies has the best chances to sink him imo. Other than that, just vote the stuff where he can brag about his own business record up. 

My concern is that Trump's shock exhaustion seems to have legs. This is why Clinton's health concerns drowned out Donald's latest ~, not some anti-HRC agenda or his scandals wouldn't have been hogging the headlines for so long earlier. I think there's a danger it becomes white noise with him, and like with many demogogues before him, he's not being heard for what he's saying anymore, but for what people want to hear.

Or, to put it another way, with everything he's already said...what are people undecided about? What else could he possibly say to decide people who haven't been decided by his months of constant bullshit and bigotry? He's actually closed ground, but I find that the crucial undecided votes still are...wtf are they waiting on? I think the answer might be frightening ng. Iow, I don't think any boom! press releases exposing him as a hypocrite will have as much effect as people think. Everyone already knows he's a hypocrite, or they don't care or aren't listening. 

12 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

My concern is that Trump's shock exhaustion seems to have legs. This is why Clinton's health concerns drowned out Donald's latest ~, not some anti-HRC agenda or his scandals wouldn't have been hogging the headlines for so long earlier. I think there's a danger it becomes white noise with him, and like with many demogogues before him, he's not being heard for what he's saying anymore, but for what people want to hear.

Or, to put it another way, with everything he's already said...what are people undecided about? What else could he possibly say to decide people who haven't been decided by his months of constant bullshit and bigotry? He's actually closed ground, but I find that the crucial undecided votes still are...wtf are they waiting on? I think the answer might be frightening ng. Iow, I don't think any boom! press releases exposing him as a hypocrite will have as much effect as people think. Everyone already knows he's a hypocrite, or they don't care or aren't listening. 

I think it's less being undecided on whether or not to vote for Trump or Clinton and being undecided on whether or not a person NEEDS to vote against Trump and for Clinton to stop...well, that Trumpiness. And in that, the debate was pretty successful. 

Ok, watched part II now. My feel (not that it's worth much) is that Trump squandered any opportunity he had to pull ahead but that he didn't lose particularly badly. I would be surprised if this debate changed things much.

I think people are likely inured to Trump's loopier statements now. 'You've been fighting ISIS you're whole adult life' was a real wtf moment. Oh well.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Or, to put it another way, with everything he's already said...what are people undecided about? What else could he possibly say to decide people who haven't been decided by his months of constant bullshit and bigotry? He's actually closed ground, but I find that the crucial undecided votes still are...wtf are they waiting on?

Perhaps the American media is, in part, to blame here. They've taken a lot of this penny-ante bullshit against Clinton and made it sound like it's all legitimate scandal.

Traditionally the US media likes to perceive itself as not taking sides. But, you know, when one side does bat shit crazy all the time, to include 1) the birth certificate issue, 2) death panels, 3) globing warming denialism, 4) accusing federal agencies  of fudging employment and inflation numbers, and so on and so forth, then it may be the case that their claims need just a little more scrutiny for accuracy.

See also The Clinton Rules.

Gary Johnson, a few moments ago during his town hall on MSNBC with Chris Matthews, when asked who his favorite, current world leader is: "Ummmmmmm..."  

So it might not be that he doesn't know where Aleppo is, he also doesn't know who he'd potential tally be working with if he were in the White House...

2 hours ago, Altherion said:

We already know that he cheated on his first wife with his second and on his second with his third. I'm not sure further revelations of infidelity would come as much of a surprise or have much of an impact.

Personally I don't give a f**k if he cheated on his wives, it's his business, what difference does it make? If a guy cheats on his wife and then divorces and then marries his girlfriend, it's tough luck for the previous wife, that's all.  To use the position of governor and president to systematically and routinely seduce and harass and abuse various numerous women is a very different matter. I get that someone pushing family values needs to hold themselves to the moral standard as they do others, but Trump seems to have the moral high ground for once. 

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

Yea, I hope not too. We already know enough about his affairs to know he's a terrible person. No need to really know more. It won't change much.

I am personally uninterested in his affairs, but I want people to ask the sold-out religious charlatans backing him, like Jerry Falwell Jr, about their decision to ally with a proudly unrepentant moral degenerate. Of course they won't really address it, but my fucking God these assholes need to squirm.

56 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Does anyone else find Trump surrogates difficult to watch?  Anytime you see one confronted with a direct question they simply deflect and suggest that, "Mr. Trump can speak to that, I'm not here to speak for him (on that subject)".

I am waiting for someone such a direct question and getting the above answer would in turn reply "Well as we both know, Mr. Trump does not speak coherently on that subject, so would  somebody please speak for him?"

11 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

Personally I don't give a f**k if he cheated on his wives, it's his business, what difference does it make? If a guy cheats on his wife and then divorces and then marries his girlfriend, it's tough luck for the previous wife, that's all.

Wait - you think it's perfectly fine ethically to cheat on your spouse and the mother of your children, but it's not ethically fine to represent legally someone who you are duty-bound to legally represent?

Cheating on his wives is not 'his business' by itself. It's also his wives' business. And his children's business. 

11 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

To use the position of governor and president to systematically and routinely seduce and harass and abuse various numerous women is a very different matter. I get that someone pushing family values needs to hold themselves to the moral standard as they do others, but Trump seems to have the moral high ground for once. 

Perhaps over Bill Clinton - but certainly not Hillary Clinton. 

24 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

Personally I don't give a f**k if he cheated on his wives, it's his business, what difference does it make? If a guy cheats on his wife and then divorces and then marries his girlfriend, it's tough luck for the previous wife, that's all.  To use the position of governor and president to systematically and routinely seduce and harass and abuse various numerous women is a very different matter. I get that someone pushing family values needs to hold themselves to the moral standard as they do others, but Trump seems to have the moral high ground for once. 

A known racist, misogynist, conman fraud that raped a wife of his and is being investigated for raping a kid never has the moral high ground, never.

Also, you don't think Trump used / uses his position of power to do the same lol? 

Trump has no moral high ground over Hillary, who he is running against. It's time you realize that. 

Archived