Goodreads accounts!

redeagl

sologdin, I am enjoying the pithy summaries that serve as reviews for many of the books listed.

Atlas Shrugged - objectivist defeats Evil government through soporific radio broadcast.

The 'real' reviews go straight over my head but I certainly appreciate the enthusiasm they exhibit.

5 hours ago, Seiche said:

sologdin, I am enjoying the pithy summaries that serve as reviews for many of the books listed.

I think the "Recommended for..." bits might be my favourite, such as:

Recommended for those who work fraud in the service of order and public sanitation, readers with sins engraved on their eyes, and larceners who shall inherit the night.

or

Recommended for those building an annex to hell, readers watching their own images degrade in the squandered world, and persons whose accounting is scrupulous.

Here I am: https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/15875470-molly-ison

Here is the read-through of the recommendation thread (see sticky at top): https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/15875470-molly-ison?shelf=westeros-sff-book-list

There is also a book from every country list, but I'm still in the Bs, because every time I encounter a book I don't like, I get hung up for a long time. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, something weird. Just looked at my account for the first time in a while, and the most recent books I've rated are mostly not books I've even read. More curious is that they're mostly books I am or would be interested in reading. I feel hacked, but in a really weird and seemingly harmless way. Who would hack a goodreads account to rate books, and how do they know the kinds of books I'd want to read? The last part honestly feels more creepy than the first.

How concerned should I be? I changed my password, but...is it likely this means other things of mine have been hacked? I did lose an iPad last year with a lot of info.

Archived