Great Ordeal Feedback

rsbakker

Bakker,

I just saw you have a PoN TV deal in the works. Is there anything more you can say about that? I'd have to imagine a more mature medium such as HBO would let make sense in order to tell the story as it is. How much would you plan to be involved in production to hold the show true to the source material? I'm a huge book snob myself and I'm sure any changes, however minor, would be discussed to death over here haha. I hope it works out!

On 10/10/2016 at 2:28 PM, Rhom said:

Hmmmm... if accurate, definite spoilers in the synopsis.

Fairly minor as it would be something the average reader would probably guess would happen, but spoilers nonetheless.

Eh, while everything within that synopsis is within the things that have been speculated territory, confirming them actually puts it within major spoilers - especially the line

and the price for their sins is greater than they imagined.

That's a MAJOR spoiler.

On 09/10/2016 at 9:19 PM, Calibandar said:

Well, I was ever so pleased when I discovered The Great Ordeal on Amazon at the end of last year.

I am just as pleased to see that Overlook have now listed The Unholy Consult for May 2017. That is superb news.

https://www.amazon.com/Unholy-Consult-Aspect-Emperor-Book-Four/dp/1468314866/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1476029098&sr=1-2

Synopsis in the link.

Amazon link doesn't work. Have they removed the listing?

2 hours ago, PapushiSun said:

Link still works fine here, are you in the US?  If not, that is probably why, because Amazon usually automatically redirects you based on your country.

3 hours ago, PapushiSun said:

Best thing is to go to amazon.com and just type in the title because these Amazon links often don't work as well if you're in a different location.

On 9 October 2016 at 8:10 PM, William R said:

I should not have read that synopsis, but it does make me excited. 

“Lord-and-Profit” must be the most embarrassing spelling mistake yet, in a production already riddled with shoddy editing.

One more piece of feedback to Scott, which I forgot.

I love how you have kept the Mop off-screen in the last two books. Of course, the big reveal (when in the final battle of Gogotterath, when the Holy War stands on the brink of utter annihilation and the sentient trees of the Mop suddenly appear and kick some Consult ass) has been properly foreshadowed, but many readers will have forgotten this and be honestly surprised at the arboreal action in the TUC. I find this very well crafted.

My question involves the Scylvendi, in the forests of Kuniuri the Akka trio is discovered by one of the Few. It was not clear if he was simply a latent sorcerer or if he was in fact a sorcerer. Considering the two millennia alliance between the Consult and the Scylvendi and the new alliance with Cnaiur. It would make sense for the Few to be trained in the Gnostic arts by the Nonmen or the Mangaecca. 

My question is are there any Scylvendi sorcerers?

Here's a question. Kellhus and koringhus have similar but distinct internal point of view narrative thought process when we are in a section related by them. would moenghus have had a point of view narrative voice more similar to kellhus or more similar or koringhus?

Theory.  Celmomas son is the No-God, or at least is in the carapace.

It was the No-God who Celmomas saw when he died, not his son. He just thought it was. Theory comes from Akka having the dream that he is Celmomas.

Mimara killed the true Anasurimbor of the prophecy and this is a huge swerveball we never expected. Or the baby will be the Anasurimbor.

Crackpot theories.

Also. Did I read right at the very end when Akka had that dream, that he was witnessing the finishing of the remaking of the No-God rather than it's making.

That Nau-Cayuti is the No-God has been theorized before. 

One line I pointed out in the past is that Mek, in the opening scene with Kellhus, says something like "I have ridden both for and against the no-God" which the reader might at first take as Mek saying he eventually turned to the Consult.  But if NC was the No-God that line could work in a different way of NC turning from his father's ordeal to the Consult as the No-God.

35 minutes ago, Triskan said:

That Nau-Cayuti is the No-God has been theorized before. 

One line I pointed out in the past is that Mek, in the opening scene with Kellhus, says something like "I have ridden both for and against the no-God" which the reader might at first take as Mek saying he eventually turned to the Consult.  But if NC was the No-God that line could work in a different way of NC turning from his father's ordeal to the Consult as the No-God.

Bakker has said before that line by Mel was an error. 

Archived