How will Littlefinger get to Dany?

Sigella

Three ideas:

- Littlefinger briefly reunites Sansa with Tyrion and then arranges for her to be killed or appear to be killed by Daenerys, prompting Tyrion to betray Daenerys or maybe even fight her on dragonback.

- Littlefinger refuses to send anyone north to help deal with the Others, and undermines the efforts of other people to do it, so Daenerys has to do it herself without much help and a much higher likelihood of being weakened or killed.

- Littlefinger has agents burn or otherwise destroy food stores wherever Daenerys goes in the winter. This requires her either to deplete her own army's supplies to feed the smallfolk, which could lead to infighting, mutiny or starvation among the Dothraki and Unsullied (especially the eating of their horses), or for her to not do this, turning the smallfolk against her and connecting her to the destruction of their winter stores.

3 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

He won't, Sansa will kill him.

I have to agree with this.

But if I were to speculate, he is very concerned with food. Hes a shaker but mostly a mover. He times the westori "stock market" as well as anyone except probably Varys and Illyrio. But he is hoarding only a few things, an army, Sansa, gold, and food. Like @gyantspyder said I believe he would go after food sources and such. The Tyrell's are prolly on the wrong end of the dragon flame so LF might be a Bernie Madoff style food bank 

You have to realize that Lord Petyr doesn't want to be king. He wants to be the power behind the throne, sort of a puppet master. He can do that as well with Dany as with anyone else. A major barrier would be if Tyrion is on Team Dany. Only one would survive a matchup between those two.

6 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

You have to realize that Lord Petyr doesn't want to be king. He wants to be the power behind the throne, sort of a puppet master. He can do that as well with Dany as with anyone else. A major barrier would be if Tyrion is on Team Dany. Only one would survive a matchup between those two.

I've never considered LF meeting Dany bc I thought he would already be dead. But nice observation Tyrion has a dragon-bone style hilt to pick with "our bold Lord Protecter" 

Danny is Aerys daughter and she wasn’t even born in Westeros. Her army consist of dragons, former slaves mercenaries and slavers (ie the Dothraki screamers). Her dragons had burnt a Lord Paramount’s son to a crisp while she will be probably backed by the Grejyoys who are pirates and backstabbers. Not to forget that among her advisers there would probably be Jorah Mormont the Northern Slaver and Tyrion Lannister, the kinslayer whom, many in the North, accuse him, of trying to kill Bran. 

Those characteristics alone will be enough to raise suspicion, fear and even hatred towards her especially among the Northerners who have, by now, lost count of how many Lords have they lost because of Southern Kings. They don’t need too much persuasion to be hostile to her especially if they can rely on the aid of both the Vale and the Riverland Lords.

If they ever do meet, which I doubt, he would try his same old routine of showing his worth and cunning and charm and whatnot. Then Tyrion pops up and has him torched. Barristan wouldn't help his case either. 

But I think Sansa will off him when she's ridden him as far as he can take her. 

11 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

I agree with this.  There is only one person who can truly match wits with him, and that's Tyrion.  I believe Tyrion will make it to the end of the books and therefore LF will not.  I don't know that he'll be killed, I could see it as a "moves away to parts unknown" type of situation to go find a different monarchy to manipulate.

I don't know about Sansa killing him either, it wouldn't be a very smart move for her, at least not at the moment

2 hours ago, devilish said:

Danny is Aerys daughter and she wasn’t even born in Westeros. Her army consist of dragons, former slaves mercenaries and slavers (ie the Dothraki screamers). Her dragons had burnt a Lord Paramount’s son to a crisp while she will be probably backed by the Grejyoys who are pirates and backstabbers. Not to forget that among her advisers there would probably be Jorah Mormont the Northern Slaver and Tyrion Lannister, the kinslayer whom, many in the North, accuse him, of trying to kill Bran. 

Those characteristics alone will be enough to raise suspicion, fear and even hatred towards her especially among the Northerners who have, by now, lost count of how many Lords have they lost because of Southern Kings. They don’t need too much persuasion to be hostile to her especially if they can rely on the aid of both the Vale and the Riverland Lords.

Dragonstone is part of Westeros.

7 minutes ago, devilish said:

Not really. It was always Targ territory ie foreigners

that argument is fundamentally flawed on two levels.  One, Dragon stone, independent of who owns it, is in fact in Westeros.  Stannis now resides there and he is vying for the Westerosi throne.  Changing who lives there doesn't change where it's located.

two, although the Targaryen's were originally foreigners, they did conquer Westeros thereby becoming Westerosi.  So saying that the Targ's were foreigners makes no sense.  It's like saying that a Mexican family that has received citizenship and lived in American for 100 years isn't actually American because they were foreigners.  The argument makes no sense

13 minutes ago, spauldo17 said:

that argument is fundamentally flawed on two levels.  One, Dragon stone, independent of who owns it, is in fact in Westeros.  Stannis now resides there and he is vying for the Westerosi throne.  Changing who lives there doesn't change where it's located.

two, although the Targaryen's were originally foreigners, they did conquer Westeros thereby becoming Westerosi.  So saying that the Targ's were foreigners makes no sense.  It's like saying that a Mexican family that has received citizenship and lived in American for 100 years isn't actually American because they were foreigners.  The argument makes no sense

If you're using a modern mentality than I agree with you fully. However we're talking of a medieval mindset here. Westeros is hardly the most tolerant and culturally enlightened region in the world especially the further North you go (the Southerners are xenophobic towards Northerners more then towards people from Essos). The reason to that is purely logistic. Trade is somehow crude which means that the benefits of a united westeros rarely trickle down to the common people. For the average joe, the quite different neighbour means trouble as they will one day have to fight him. You cant blame him if he's more attached to his Lord Paramount than to some King sitting in some flowery seat in the south. For him, the Lord is his king, his lands is what puts food on the table and his rules is what keeps everything from going tits up. 

The Targs are not like the Andals. They didn't conquer Westeros because they were better in fighting or through persuasion, marriages etc. They were able to do so because they had dragons who could nuke entire cities out. Another characteristic that differentiate the Targs from the Andals is that they are elitists. Giving a choice the average Targ would rather bed his own sister than mix with some Westerosi pleb even if the pleb in question probably has an older/more prestigious line than he does. No wonder why people see them as foreigners. 

1 hour ago, devilish said:

If you're using a modern mentality than I agree with you fully. However we're talking of a medieval mindset here. Westeros is hardly the most tolerant and culturally enlightened region in the world especially the further North you go (the Southerners are xenophobic towards Northerners more then towards people from Essos). The reason to that is purely logistic. Trade is somehow crude which means that the benefits of a united westeros rarely trickle down to the common people. For the average joe, the quite different neighbour means trouble as they will one day have to fight him. You cant blame him if he's more attached to his Lord Paramount than to some King sitting in some flowery seat in the south. For him, the Lord is his king, his lands is what puts food on the table and his rules is what keeps everything from going tits up. 

The Targs are not like the Andals. They didn't conquer Westeros because they were better in fighting or through persuasion, marriages etc. They were able to do so because they had dragons who could nuke entire cities out. Another characteristic that differentiate the Targs from the Andals is that they are elitists. Giving a choice the average Targ would rather bed his own sister than mix with some Westerosi pleb even if the pleb in question probably has an older/more prestigious line than he does. No wonder why people see them as foreigners. 

Dragonstone is mostly populated by smallfolk. Whom don't practice incest etc. Are they not westerosi?

22 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

He won't, Sansa will kill him.

Yes, the second she realizes there is nothing left to be gained, she'll probably spill the beans as to how lady Lysa died to Sweetrobin and let him make the little man fly.

edit: But its not certain it would work. Someone always tells :)

13 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Actually I do think he wants to be king. 

As to that, he if anyone must be keeping a very close eye on Dany and her dragons, and SURELY she has some part in his grand scheme- endgame. 

Archived