How will Littlefinger get to Dany?

Sigella

9 hours ago, Sigella said:

If you where to read the OP you would know this thread discuss under the assumptions mentioned there. Those are:

- LF wants to be king

- Dany snatches his prize

- How will he act then

You can start a topic but you don't own it and can't control what others post on it. If someone finds your basic premise unreasonable they will point it our.

And if you use large type you need to realize that it calls attention to errors.

14 hours ago, Sigella said:

If you where to read the OP you would know this thread discuss under the assumptions mentioned there. Those are:

- LF wants to be king

- Dany snatches his prize

- How will he act then

If you're smugly going to "correct" someone, do it with proper grammar or else you just look silly. Were, NOT where. 

That being said, Littlefinger won't survive long enough to meet Dany, and even if he did why would Dany fall for any of his nonsense. It already strains credibility that all of his schemes end up with him getting over on people. If she takes the throne and he wants to be king then, nothing. She'll never marry him, she hasn't been forced to do anything in a long time. AND she's been wary of people offering her the world since she lost her baby. There is no way Littlefinger wiggles his way into her bed, let alone onto her throne.

Baelish certainly wants the throne.  His road to the throne is long and involve many schemes that will have to work.  He will try using Sweet Robin and Allayne/Sansa to get him an army.  I predict he will end up in control of the Riverlands and the Vale.  But he will have to kill a few more Starks before he can command the north.  I think that is where he will fail. 

The only reaction he can have when Dany takes the throne is getting more desperate.  He will tip his hand and take even greater risks that could open him up to exposure.  He is vulnerable because Sansa knows the truth, he killed Lysa and Joffrey.  She just has to open her trap. 

The Vale will not be sending troops to the North during the winter, because they are not suicidal. Stannis failed to get 5k troops from Deepwood Motte to Winterfell and 2/3 of them were locals. The Vale would need a fleet not only to get troops to the North but also to feed them while they are there. They would need the collaboration of White Harbor, which has a navy and can stop them and it also has each own candidate for lord of Winterfell whose claim beats Sansa's hands down. Furthermore the clansmen of the Vale will be getting hungry come winter and thanks to Tyrion they are very well armed and the Val lords will need their armies to defend their territories rather than running off to hare brained adventures to a frozen wasteland following young Harry's cock.

Well, Harry could order them to do so if and when he is lord of the Vale, but it has all the makings of an unmitigated fiasco. Between Sansa's marriage to Tyrion, Robb's will, the northmen remembering the Vale lords sitting on the asses while they were fighting in the Riverlands, Stannis, the Manderlys with Rickon, the Boltons, Jeyne Poole's imposture which will throw doubt on Sansa's identity and possibly Jon making a bid for Winterfell himself the majority of Northmen will not be welcoming if not actively hostile to any incursions from the Vale.

Now any Vale lord with half a brain will be able to see all those things. Even LF's buddies will balk at such a demand. LF has money and connections and can exert influence by being useful to people in power and brokering deals for them. He doesn't command armies and he doesn't have the name to ever be in the position to do so. The places he has influence in is King's Landing and the Vale and the former is basically burned as long as the Tyrells are there. Nor are any other potential occupants are likely to be friendly to him. If Aegon takes King's Landing Varys will not allow him to regain a foothold and in case Dany is in power, Tyrion will be gunning for his head the second he shows his face there.

Because LF has more than half a brain and he is not entirely delusional, he is aware of those things. I'm thinking that his promise to Sansa's is his method of getting in her smallclothes and long term to repeat his previous arrangement with Lysa who was after all his way into power. The notion of sending Vale troops to the North may appeal to him, not in any hopes of success but as a way to send the Vale lords who oppose him off to die. After all they would be more honor bound to heed such a command. Overall I think he wants to set the Vale for himself as a comfortable nest with access to power through Sansa and lords like Grafton and Lynderly and the hoarded food to exert influence and to gain in power outside of its boundaries, though I doubt it will come to that.

15 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

You can start a topic but you don't own it and can't control what others post on it. If someone finds your basic premise unreasonable they will point it our.

And if you use large type you need to realize that it calls attention to errors.

10 hours ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

If you're smugly going to "correct" someone, do it with proper grammar or else you just look silly. Were, NOT where. 

That being said, Littlefinger won't survive long enough to meet Dany, and even if he did why would Dany fall for any of his nonsense. It already strains credibility that all of his schemes end up with him getting over on people. If she takes the throne and he wants to be king then, nothing. She'll never marry him, she hasn't been forced to do anything in a long time. AND she's been wary of people offering her the world since she lost her baby. There is no way Littlefinger wiggles his way into her bed, let alone onto her throne.

Sorry for snapping guys. It was a Cersei move on my part. Got ticked off that half the posts in the thread summarily says "no need to discuss this" which I find rude - even though it may be true.

the broke Howard Hughes: English isn't my first language.

On September 29, 2016 at 11:03 PM, Light a wight tonight said:

You have to realize that Lord Petyr doesn't want to be king. He wants to be the power behind the throne, sort of a puppet master. He can do that as well with Dany as with anyone else. A major barrier would be if Tyrion is on Team Dany. Only one would survive a matchup between those two.

I've never considered LF meeting Dany bc I thought he would already be dead. But nice observation Tyrion has a dragon-bone style hilt to pick with "our bold Lord Protecter" 

On September 30, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Teenage Wasteland said:

Littlefinger won't dethrone Daenerys.  The farthest Littlefinger will get is Lord Paramount of the Riverlands and Lord of Winterfell.  I can see Littlefinger destroying the Starks and taking Winterfell away from them.  He will fail at taking the Iron Throne though.  Drogon will have him for breakfast.

No way Sherlock homie. I get the bael the bard stuff (I don't even believe that story only inspiration for Mance) but there is literally 0 chance he impregnates Sansa 

On September 30, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Endymion I Targaryen said:

I too agree that he won't survive enough to meet with Daenerys. But he must know about her. In Feast he says something about three queens. and news about her have reached Oldtown, King's Landing, Dorne. Even if they meet, it's difficult for Daenerys to trust him. He has Ned's (the usurper's dog) daughter and served the Usurper and the Lannisters.

Thank you he tells Alayne  this is a war of three Queens now or something like that.

I can't believe people would think he didn't know about Dany's Dragons. He  suggested a faceless man  in the council meeting. He gets having targs around are bad for business

On 01/10/2016 at 2:42 PM, Sigella said:

Not necessarily. And it might not be the moon door but as we all know Sweetrobin wants to make the little man fly and I totally believe he will. 

No, you were arguing that Dragonstone and its inhabitants isn't Westerosi, which they are. Or thats what I thought you meant. 

Im speaking about the Targs mate. 

On 30 september 2016 at 4:24 PM, El Guapo said:

Dragonstone is part of Westeros.

On 30 september 2016 at 4:40 PM, devilish said:

Not really. It was always Targ territory ie foreigners

7 hours ago, devilish said:

Im speaking about the Targs mate. 

No you didn't.

1 hour ago, Sigella said:

No you didn't.

Its been Valyrian territory 2 centuries prior to the doom of Valyria. Their island is small and poorly populated however most, if not all, Lords of Dragonstone are of Valyrian descent. We do not know if the first men or the Andals had ever lived there in the first place.

I personally think Tyrion wouldn't kill him off so quickly. Its just that during his time as Master of Coin and checking through all of Littlefinger's ledgers, Tyrion should know by now that the man has embezzled a ton of money from the royal treasury over the years, and his net worth could go a long way in easing the crown's debts. So I think after all his experience with the guy, he will be the one to pretend to be his friend and manipulate him by getting him into Dany's good graces. Then once he has recovered most if not all the money the guy has stolen will he finally get his revenge which I bet will be pretty brutal. 

On 10/2/2016 at 8:38 AM, Sigella said:

Sorry for snapping guys. It was a Cersei move on my part. Got ticked off that half the posts in the thread summarily says "no need to discuss this" which I find rude - even though it may be true.

Things get a little rowdy here sometimes. A few years back it was definitely rougher, though. 

(That where for were is a common American mistake. Sorry that I mistook you for one of us. No insult was intended.)

19 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

Things get a little rowdy here sometimes. A few years back it was definitely rougher, though. 

(That where for were is a common American mistake. Sorry that I mistook you for one of us. No insult was intended.)

I know about the rowdiness, its the reason I don't visit any of the Dany threads anymore... Not good for my blood pressure :P

The forum is great for long winding discussions and it sucks when those discussions gets drowned by squabbles.

(Since my nationality is displayed I took it for a cheap shot, which you now turned inte a compliment and I'll take a compliment over a cheap shot any day, so thanks :))

On 3 oktober 2016 at 0:01 AM, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I've never considered LF meeting Dany bc I thought he would already be dead. But nice observation Tyrion has a dragon-bone style hilt to pick with "our bold Lord Protecter" 

Yes he does! Imagine the horror of it not being one last grand battle of wits? Madness.

On ‎29‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 7:01 PM, Sigella said:

If we assume that Littlefinger wants to be king of Westeros, and that Dany comes to Westeros and snatches the prize:

How will he go about dethroning her?

Several of the comments above give arguments concerning the chances of LF to survive for a longer time.

In the period before Dany would take the throne, people argue that enemies like within the Vale or the Northmen or Sansa would end LF's life.

For the period after Dany taking the throne further enemies (Tyrion, Dany) could endanger LF's life. Varys as a capable enemy might be a threat to LF during all the time.

What I feel is that LF's assets are not appreciated well enough.

- He can move freely in the Vale, and he still could return to KL, having given no reason (yet) for Cersei to kill him. If I recall correctly, she even sometimes wishes him back e.g. as capable Master of Coin.

- The Vale is - besides Dorne -the only kindom untouched by the war until now and rich in food, the most valuable good in the foreshadowing winter; and the Vale is in a excellent geographical situation for defense (except of course by Dragon attack)

- Gulltown is a valuable harbour, be it for trading with Essos or a quick escape route e.g. to Braavos

- the Vale being under LF's control, why should e.g. Tyrion want to kill him? Tyrion would be wise enough to keep the Vale as a valuable ally. Already during Tyrion's time as Hand of the King, he knew about Tyrion's lie with the dagger putting him into difficulties, but he never acted against LF.

On October 13, 2016 at 4:59 AM, Sigella said:

Yes he does! Imagine the horror of it not being one last grand battle of wits? Madness.

He also has his bride, and a strong hate for all things petyr baelish  when Teryan was looking through his account logs he probably noticed a couple of oddities/laundering. I feel like the only reason Tyrion didn't kill him his bc 

1.  He kind of ran out of time and then Petyr was out of his reach/influence 

2.  I hate to use the  term  plot armor  especially in these books but the Sansa/florian the FOOL was way to perfect to pass up. Also goes along with her training with the hound (knights aren't shit), Cersei (power+sex), and petyr (Keep YOUR hands clean, influence whatever you can to your advantage)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived