Best Kings/Queens in Westerosi History?

Summer Islander Prince

9 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

She defended her people and their freedom against the incestuous abominations and their WMD.

Ah, yes, we did see all the horror that was inflicted on the kingdoms that surrendered. Wait, no we did not. Dorne had likely lost a large percentage of it's population as a result of Aegon's Conquest, deaths that could have been avoided had Meria simply bent the knee. Also, i'm curious how you'd describe Torrhen Stark, since you rate his polar opposite so highly. 

1 minute ago, Artos Cold said:

Ah, yes, we did see all the horror that was inflicted on the kingdoms that surrendered. Wait, no we did not. Dorne had likely lost a large percentage of it's population as a result of Aegon's Conquest, deaths that could have been avoided had Meria simply bent the knee. Also, i'm curious how you'd describe Torrhen Stark, since you rate his polar opposite so highly. 

Utter nonsense. The fact that Torrhen bend the knee doesn't mean that the Dornish had to do the same. There is no reason for the Dornish to be enslaved just because an incestuous abomination trio and their WMD wanted to. The Dornishmen had the right to choose their fate and they chose to fight and even die for their land and their freedom. And at the end they didn’t just succeeded on not only remaining free but also they took one of the abominations and her WMD down. If you were right the people in real world shouldn’t had fought for their freedom but they should surrender just because someone wanted to take their land and for example Europe would had been Hitler’s realm. I wish that you are kidding at this point.

21 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Utter nonsense. The fact that Torrhen bend the knee doesn't mean that the Dornish had to do the same. There is no reason for the Dornish to be enslaved just because an incestuous abomination trio and their WMD wanted to. The Dornishmen had the right to choose their fate and they chose to fight and even die for their land and their freedom. And at the end they didn’t just succeeded on not only remaining free but also they took one of the abominations and her WMD down. If you were right the people in real world shouldn’t had fought for their freedom but they should surrender just because someone wanted to take their land and for example Europe would had been Hitler’s realm. I wish that you are kidding at this point.

They fought and they died for....... What? Those incestous abominations proved themselves to be good rulers, and none of the other kingdoms were ever enslaved, Aegon respected their laws and customs. They didn't want to lose their independence and they fought to keep it, that's admirable and understandable, but in the end, had the dornish bent the knee, they would not have lost much apart from their pride. My opinion is of course formed with the advantage of hindsight, so the dornish decision to fight Aegon was totally understandable. 

3 minutes ago, Artos Cold said:

They fought and they died for....... What? Those incestous abominations proved themselves to be good rulers, and none of the other kingdoms were ever enslaved, Aegon respected their laws and customs. They didn't want to lose their independence and they fought to keep it, that's admirable and understandable, but in the end, had the dornish bent the knee, they would not have lost much apart from their pride. My opinion is of course formed with the advantage of hindsight, so the dornish decision to fight Aegon was totally understandable. 

Lol "good rulers"! :lmao: Thank you for that. I only guess that you would had supported Hitler's third reich.

25 minutes ago, Artos Cold said:

Was it really understandable or was it prideful? They had seen what dragons could do and how fairly the other kingdoms were treated. Was it not kind of selfish of the Martells to fight? I always got the feeling that the Dornish got very, very lucky. I mean they managed to kill one of the dragons and were only saved from complete annihilation by Aegon's leniency (I really like the theory that Rhaenys was kept alive and thats why he didn't destroy them). I think it takes  great king like Torrhen Stark to know when to fight and when to give up the crown that has been in your family for thousands of years, to save your subjects. I would suggest ignoring the Queen Consort, I get the impression that he/she must be a troll.

22 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Lol "good rulers"! :lmao: Thank you for that. I only guess that you would had supported Hitler's third reich.

That is an utterly ridiculous statement, literally too ignorant to reply to. 

1 minute ago, theblackdragonI said:

That is an utterly ridiculous statement, literally too ignorant to reply to. 

Saying that someone shouldn't try to be free and fight for it proves what I said.

2 minutes ago, theblackdragonI said:

I get the impression that he/she must be a troll

Sure. Use name calling and personal attacks because someone thinks that is evil to believe that someone has the divine right to be the King because he has the bigger weapon. 

Archived