Secret Santa XI - Santas are no longer secret!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

OMG!  I am going to have a major "after action report" to write up, that just may force a change of procedures for next year.

No worries for now, everyone will get their gifts, but some might be rather inconvenienced before they can receive it.  Seems I never once considered that many countries will add a VAT to gifts coming from other countries, and they can include the shipping too (which is pretty outrageous if you ask me!)

An unexpected parcel has arrived from Amazon which can only mean one thing - my Secret Santa has delivered.

But I have patience and will be waiting for the 25th to open the two gift wrapped boxes I found inside. They are a curious size though so I'm not quite sure what's in them, could be a pair of books methinks...

SQUEEE!  I got my second box!

How many layers of wrap does it take to make a package secure for shipping?

s i x :lol: (and I'm not going to talk about the amount of tape :P

But the inner wrapping is the most beautiful I have seen

The box was filled with all sorts of goodies: salted caramel fudge, a candle, snow globe, fun cards, incense, mulled wine spices, and henna tattoo (which my husband wanted to eat...he thought the tubes must be some sort of food :lmao: He was about ready to open one of the tubes when I stopped him)

Ooooh...lovely, Lany!

I have now received two packages. :)  I am part of two SS groups, so I am assuming they are from two different people. One is a small package from Britain, with a customs label that says s _ _ _ _ .  :P

The second is a small box from Amazon Canada.

I will not open them until the 25th.  I get very few prezzies, and I plan to cherish these. :)

I celebrate Christmas Eve with my cousin and his wife and their children and grandchildren together with my brother and sister-in-law.  We have a traditional Polish Christmas Eve dinner, called Wigilia, and then watch the little ones open their gifts.  After that I'll go to either the 9:30 pm mass or the midnight mass, if dinner runs late.

Christmas Day is celebrated with my best friends and their kids, but the kids are now adults and they switched to one year with the parents and the next with the families of their spouses/significant others. This year is the away year, so Christmas with everyone won't be celebrated until Dec. 30th.  However, we are going to one of the kid's apartments to celebrate on Christmas Day with the S.O.'s family. Months ago I said I would supply the prime rib, expecting there would be 6 of us, not 12.  Meh, that's ok.

We'll do turkey on the 30th and exchange gifts that day.  Which means we get to buy presents at the post-Christmas sales! Better gifts for everyone!

Awesome gifts! 

---

So, kinda funny story. I ordered some fancy socks with Star Wars characters on them (like these ones) as Christmas presents for some of my friends and I'm expecting them to arrive any day now. So today I receive a small envelope with something soft inside, and of course assume it's the socks I ordered. But I'm concerned because it feels like there's only one pair. 

So I open it up and there's a pair of Deadpool socks inside. And I'm thinking "What the hell? I ordered four pairs and none of them were even Deadpool they really screwed my order up!"

Until I realized that there was a note in the bag from my Secret Santa explaining that there have been shipping delays and the rest of my gifts won't arrive until after Christmas :lol: 

So now I have even more geek socks! Thank you Secret Santa, and don't worry about the delays. I don't mind waiting at all. I may be out of town briefly next week so I may not get to them right as they arrive, but I look forward to my second Christmas :D 

well Pusifer, the devil cat, is on my side and has been secretly trying to open one of my secret santa boxes....but sadly Number One Niece (SwmbO) caught him, retaped outer cover and so my hopes of seeing something early were dashed...but i am going to friend my secret santa and they will know i know... ;)

:smoking:

On 12/20/2016 at 5:59 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Wrap something with a similar size and shape up and swap them :ph34r:

Never done his before...

I regret not taking photos before I left the flat now. Boohoo. Anyway, for those interested, I got a wonderful cookbook (telling what KIND of cookbook would spoil the guessing fun ;) ) with a huge assortment of recipes that I'm dying to try out already. Have already tentatively scheduled a Sunday when I'm back in the flat to try one out on my flatmates. 

I also got an adult colouring book which is a little like This (not this exact one) :D 

Naturally my first guess was sniffer, based on the last gift ;) 

ok i want that coloring book...i mean i need it...

and of course if i had seen it i would have sent it to someone... ;)

Received a message earlier this week telling my package arrived at my courier!! Last night it became available for pick-up. Went today and got my package. Thankfully this year the guys in customs did not tear it open and spoiled the contents in the pick-up description so what's inside is still a mystery to me.

Was going to post a picture of the package but it contains the name of the person and a) I don't want to eliminate suspects for those who are still guessing, and b ) don't really like exposing people's names and address (gotta respect the anonymity) and too lazy to blur it out, even in MS Paint xD (though I own a mac xD)

That being said, it's obvious that I now know the identity of my SS. And let me tell you guys... I did not expect that one ;)

10 hours ago, Expecto Patronum said:

Oh! I don't usually wait, but since it's already the 23rd... I decided to wait this year and open them on christmas day.

I may or may not wait until "the real 25th", I might just wait until midnight and open them then =P We'll see...

i am also struggling with waiting just one and a half more days....i am really wanting to open at least one....but am holdong out til 25th...good luck waiting EP...it is so hard....

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Midnight comes sooner in Europe. Just saying, loopholes and all that.

Eta: also, very sorry to my giftee. A parcel I sent you seems to have disappeared into the void. Currently trying to track it down. I'm on hold :rolleyes:

Got a message yesterday, but I wasn't on-line.  Final package arrived.  Giftee was very surprised :D 

Archived