Secret Santa XI - Santas are no longer secret!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

Thanks for the reminder Lany, I might have missed this otherwise which would have been tragic.

If it's not too late then yes please, count me in for delivery to anywhere.

Questionnaire 1

Are you over 18? YES
Are you willing to ship internationally? YES
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Italian
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : no candy
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): don't really have one
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): reading, computer games, running Game of Thrones fan conventions. I have an Amazon Wish List for most of these things
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): fantasy, sci-fi - see my Amazon wish list for more details
Favorite animal: cat
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): action, comedy, sci-fi - see my Amazon wish list for more details
Favorite Color : purple
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Rock, metal, indie - see my Amazon wish list for more details
Do you collect anything? Not really
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Some computer games would be nice - see my Amazon wish list for more details
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: Have I mentioned my Amazon wish list?

Hmm, can't seem to copy/paste on the iPad, strangely enough. So, here's some info for my Secret Santa:

We have a very non-religious celebration with my inlaws in the mountains. Think old (1780 or thereabouts) house, open fires, lots of snow, big tree, good food. Very relaxed and just how I like it :) 

I love to cook and bake. Am quite a fan of the Great British Bake Off. Cookbooks are nice!

I don't really collect anything anymore. I love a pretty Christmas ornament, though! If you give me the choice between gold and silver, I'll take silver, pretty please.

I really like Maltesers, but any chocolate will do in a pinch. Preferably milk, and not Hershey..

I love spicy scented candles. I actually like vanilla ones too, but my husband hates them. 

My favourite animals are horses and I ride regularly. I love dogs, but don't have one. I am owned by two Maine Coon cats. 

I usually work as a lawyer, but am now in the middle of a year of maternity leave. 

My home has dark hardwood floors and the wallpaper in the living room is called Thunderstorm. It's a dark, dark grey. If I could buy anything I wanted, I'd get some original art for the walls. 

As for presents, I'm not hard to please. If it's a surprise and wrapped, I already love it!

1 hour ago, Anubiel said:

We have a very non-religious celebration with my inlaws in the mountains. Think old (1780 or thereabouts) house, open fires, lots of snow, big tree, good food. Very relaxed and just how I like it :) 

This sounds like the perfect Christmas! <3

Questionnaire 1

Questionnaire: Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Italian, and Spanish

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Clean Linen, Pine, Woodsy...
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Reading.
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Mostly Non-Fiction, or classics.
Favorite animal: Dog.

Favorite movies or ty-es (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): Drama. I don't have a current desire for any movies though. I like Indie Films but I'm a bit picky. Well, I also like collecting Academy Award Winners to Best Picture.
Sadly I'm not home so I don't have my full collection of movies here, but it's a safe bet I don't have any of the 90's winners.

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Eh, not really, tbh. 

Do you collect anything? Ornaments with a story, and Freezer Magnets from around the world.

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? A 3-Cup Chemex would be nice. Or another small pour over coffee maker (specifically the Bodum one is a good alternative). Either would be nice. Ohhh if you live in an area with a Nice Coffee Roaster (like Irving Farms, Intelligentsia, Stumptown, There are a few across the pond too if you're there), or you can order coffee beans, that's also a nice gift. Anything that's not from my home turf is nice. Lany can tell you more about that.

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Blue
b. Type of candy? Chocolate. But it would probably melt given I forward my mail from abroad, so I don't suggest it.
c. Type of munchie? I'm actually not that much of a munchie person anymore. Salted Nuts? Beef Jerky (oh my God talk to Lany about the person that makes the Beef Jerky that's a member of the board).
d. Puzzle to do? No puzzles please, I don't have that much time anymore.

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.). Any catholic religious themed ornaments are welcome. Lany gave me one for a secret santa which was one of my favorite all time ornaments. She can give you tips. It was a LiBien hand painted ornament with a scene of the Nativity. I kind of collect ornaments with a story; the idea is when you look at an ornament and ask about it you might learn what it was about.

What type of hobbies do you have? Reading, mostly. I read a lot. But I tend to be focused into certain types of reads and I'm a bit fickle there, but clothbound / hardcover classics are always appreciated (Koba gave me the Canterbury Tales in clothbound, I loved it. I have Wuthering Heights and Confessions in Clothbound Editions too. I have GoT in Clothbound, the 75th Anniversary Edition of the Hobbit... I have a Collection of selected writings from Guy de Maupaissant, among other things... I like books as you can see. You can make a safe bet in this department. 

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Joy!

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Oh I wish I could host a party where my second cousins could bring their neighbor's best friend. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I like hosting friends and family. It's often not that big an event but you get the idea of how open to guests I am for that time!

Favorite Christmas movie and why? Eh... Does Annie Hall count? Maybe Miracle on 34th Street? :shrug: 

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/: Religious with Advent Wreath and everything in between. 

If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why: 
I'd like  B, but C is also nice sans velvet (I don't like velvet.)

a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

Favorite Christmas music: The Rat Pack, It reminds me of cold winters and hot chocolate, the really thick type with whipped cream on top, even if I can't really eat cream anymore :(

What is your Christmas morning like": B, kinda, might have a bit of a) depending...

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. 
... Hmmm... a Segway?

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing): Hmm. Medium in Slim Fit. Regular medium doesn't sit good on me. But maybe no clothes... I mean unless you think it's something I could really use... I like really light fabric long sleeve shirts I live in a very warm country. I'm not that big a user of T-Shirts.

What colors are in your home: White and some brown color that looks like a coffee drink sold at Starbucks. There's some spark of blue. Most art is black and white.

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc...) Eclectic maybe?

Anything else your SS should know about you? Christmas is probably my favorite holiday by far. Oh, Lany will have to give you something you need to fill out so that I can get my mail forwarded from abroad (it's more reliable). Don't panic! I won't get the info... it's something customs in the DR keeps and it must go inside the box you send out for me. If you send me something from and online store, don't ask them to hide the invoice (so maybe avoid getting it gift wrapped by the store?). If that form doesn't go inside the box then customs holds my stuff until I can provide the info. It's no biggie BAI and Koba have managed it before.

Do you have any wish lists? I do but it's outdated. Just follow your heart or appeal to Lany's wisdom :P

On 10/25/2016 at 9:58 AM, Ded As Ned said:

I won't be able to participate this year, but enjoy guys!  Hopefully we'll be back next year.  I'll be lurking to see all the goodies everybody gets.

:(  Would you be willing to PM me your address so I can send you a Christmas card?  PLEEEZ???

Questionnaire: Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): I love Thai cuisines, but I’m not picky, I love food and anything spicy.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Lemon

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Right now, not really. But I'm always up for another book!

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Anything. But I'm currently adding onto my culinary (dietary science, gardening, etc) and anatomy collection, I wouldn't mind help :D

Favorite animal: Mountain Gorillas (but I love all kinds of animals)

Favorite movies or ty-es (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): I don't really like watching television/films too much, so it doesn't matter.

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Anything tbh I love music.

Do you collect anything? Not right now. I’ve put that on hold.

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Ankle socks.

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Green
b. Type of candy? Anything really, I have a big sweet tooth
c. Type of munchie? Anything!!
d. Puzzle to do? I don't usually have time for puzzles anymore

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.). This year, not really

What type of hobbies do you have? Reading, Drawing, Hiking, and Sculpting

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Colorful.

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?  The more the merrier.

Favorite Christmas movie and why? Honestly I'm rushing with this questionnaire and can't think of most of my favorite Xmas films. But I one of them are; It's a wonderful life. I love the idea of overcoming life's frustrations and enjoying the journey.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/: Nonreligious

If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
B, sounds relaxing

a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

Favorite Christmas music: ANYTHING BEFORE 1989

What is your Christmas morning like": Definitely A this year!

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Probably a purse. Lol I don't own a single one. I buy satchels. :lol:

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing):  small to extra small

What colors are in your home: White, Black, Grey, & Navy Blue (besides the carpet which is a beige color) I hate this carpet.

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc...) Modern.

Anything else your SS should know about you? Don't stress. Oh and I LOVE YODA!

Do you have any wish lists? I don’t.

P.S.

I suck at gift wrapping. So each year I have had an online shop do my work for me. This year, I'm going to try it myself *fingers crossed* forgive me in advance.

On 12/11/2016 at 5:59 PM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

wow, I am looking around, trying to get ideas, and all I can think is "I could easily spend double the budget"   (ok, I am often over budget,  but usually by accident, or "extra" stuff, like for kids that I don't count)

I had a look in some shops today and I could easily have trebled the budget, there was just so much I wanted to buy! I'll refrain from doing that though, promise. I think I have my gifts in mind now though.

If my giftee was struggling I added a little more to my questionnaire that might help

Archived