Secret Santa XI - Santas are no longer secret!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:34 PM, KiDisaster said:

WOW I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THIS!

I AM IN! Will post my questionnaire later. I'll look for my one from last year. 

Many thanks again to Bex for hosting last year and WELCOME BACK LANY :D 

Glad you're back!

9 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

sine we are christmas card buddies then you got my address...right Lany....

:smoking:

Yes sir! :love: 

3 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

I won't be able to participate this year, but enjoy guys!  Hopefully we'll be back next year.  I'll be lurking to see all the goodies everybody gets.

We'll miss you and hopefully you'll be able to join next year :grouphug: 

Gah!  Deadline snuck up on me!  Am I too late?

Questionnaire: Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc):

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Floral or musky
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):Reading
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like):SFF!  I love books!
Favorite animal:Cats
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like):
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like:I love music, send me something!
Do you collect anything?Art and Books
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?I love scented stuff.  

What is your favorite:

a. Color?Red
b. Type of candy? Chocolate
c. Type of munchie?Chocolate
d. Puzzle to do?Logic

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .No

What type of hobbies do you have?Reading

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be?Relaxing

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?Jammies

Favorite Christmas movie and why?It's a wonderful life

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/Catholic

If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

Favorite Christmas music Bach Chorales

What is your Christmas morning like"

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Perfume

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)Women's medium

What colors are in your home: Red and yellow

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc eclectic

Anything else your SS should know about you? I love the BwB!

Copying my questionnaire from last year:

Are you over 18? Yes.

Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes.

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Indian, Jamaican, Chinese

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Not much of a candy person aside from chocolate which, of course, melts. 

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Um...fresh & clean? 

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Board games & video games, trying new craft beers. 

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Fantasy & Sci-Fi. Historical fiction is also very cool. 

Favorite animal: Dragonfly, wolf, otter. 

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): I like pretty much all kinds of movies. Most partial to dramas I suppose.

Favorite Color : Green

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Coheed & Cambria is my favorite band, but my taste in music is pretty wide. I don't really like metal or country but other than that. 

Do you collect anything? Nope, not really. 

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? One can always use more socks. 

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I'm gonna love anything you decide to send me so don't even worry about it :) Also I'm allergic to mango just in case that crops up for any reason. 

Questionnaire 2
2. What is your favorite:

a. Color? Green
b. Type of candy? Chocolate
c. Type of munchie? Pretzels
d. Puzzle to do? Logic puzzles. 

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.): Nope, not really. 

4. What type of hobbies do you have? I play video games and board games quite a bit, listen to audiobooks. I enjoy cooking and occasionally baking. 

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Madness. 

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? The latter is better, but it's almost always the former. 

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? A Christmas Story because it's A Christmas Story. 

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/: Non-religious. 

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

B sounds pretty great. 

10. Favorite Christmas music
Old Blue Eyes. 

11. What is your Christmas morning like

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

A, always A. 

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant: Can't think of anything that fits this description. 

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)
clothes: XL for shirts. 

14. What colors are in your:
a. Bedroom?
White, blue, grey. 
b: kitchen?
White
c. living room?
White, brown
15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc)
None in particular. 

Anything else your SS should know about you? Answered up top :) 

-----------------------------------

To give a more useful answer than everything above though: I'd love a gift that you feel best represents the place you're from or the things you love about where you're from. Can't really beat a gift like that. 

Hey guys, I am going to extend the deadline by a week.  I have had spotty internet for a couple of weeks and haven't posted reminders and stuff and there are quite a few on my facebook, who don't come to the board much who want to participate too.

Sorry if this is an inconvience, but I really want everyone who wants to play to get a chance to join, and I feel it was my fault for not being able to post reminders.

Much love to you all :love:

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:08 AM, The Legend of Cora said:

Please sign me up!! :D

(kind of sad and funny, how my address has changed each year) 

Life is always an adventure my dear.  So glad you are in again!

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:45 PM, Zar Lannister said:

Oh I WAS JUST KEEPING YOU IN YOUR TOES.

/IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

:love: I knew you'd be in!

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:50 PM, Nasty Fragile Bird said:

Oh, me!  Me!  Please, me!!!!!

Always!  Very happy you are here again

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:55 PM, Expecto Patronum said:

Remember me?

/in

#in #confirmed #imsointhisyear #bringingssback 

Will fill the questionnaires later =P I promise... ain't nobody got time for that right now xD

Who could possibly forgot you? :grouphug:  Glad you are back

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:06 PM, mcbigski said:

Count me in.  Seems like an early deadline.  I 'll get to the questionnaire when I'm not on my phone.

I know the date is early, but the shipping deadlines seem to get earlier every year too

15 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

Gah!  Deadline snuck up on me!  Am I too late?

NEVER!  I'd add you in no matter what :wub: 

5 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Life is always an adventure my dear.  So glad you are in again!

:love: I knew you'd be in!

Always!  Very happy you are here again

Who could possibly forgot you? :grouphug:  Glad you are back

I know the date is early, but the shipping deadlines seem to get earlier every year too

NEVER!  I'd add you in no matter what :wub: 

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!

Questionnaire: 

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc):  Meat?

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Not really into smelly or noisy stuff
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):  books
Favorite books or types:  History, Sci Fi, science
Favorite animal:  bacon

What is your favorite:

a. Color?  Blue, or Green.
b. Type of candy? something caramel

Do you collect anything for Christmas? 

If there is such thing as an Ice and Fire Christmas ornament I 'll put in on my tree

What type of hobbies do you have? Books, poker, golf, disc golf

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be?  booze

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?

Big family party.

Favorite Christmas movie and why?  Die Hard.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/  non religious Christmas

If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:

b. slow and relaxed

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)

XL Mens, Tall if available.  38W 36L pants

If that's not enough to go on, ask someone to PM with any other questions.

Yes, I'm over 18.

Yes, I can ship internationally.

The holidays have grown quieter over the years, but getting an ornament is always nice.

I love silky scarves.

II've been getting into my old love of the 'leviathans' of the sea and love old images of sea monsters and ships.

I love local books on folklore and hauntings.

Questionnaire: Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Probably Milk + Chocolate (as in pieces of chocolate). It is means savory it'll probably be salads, I get very creative with them, even french fries xD.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Vanilla, Bleach, Mint.
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Yoga, Playing Piano, Writing, Reading, Listening to Soundtracks, I collect pins (not buttons) and dice. See the link for the kinds of pins I like.
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Fantasy all the way. I do not like non-fiction  books or "true" events kind of stuff.
Favorite animal: Tarsier. Deer. Owl.
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): Fantasy again, probably here I can do a little bit more sci fi as well.
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Soundtracks. Preferably to fantasy movies, I like music that sounds like magic. I'm also into stuff you can listen to while doing yoga.
Do you collect anything? Pins... see link above. And dice.
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Not particularly. I've been trying to get a cool display for my pins, but it'll probably need like glass and since I don't live in the USA and have my mail forwarded here to the DR it might not be a good idea to send anything like that.

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Silver
b. Type of candy? Chocolate. White, Milk and Dark. Maybe in that order. It used to be in that order, but now I'm not so sure. I think they all have a good place in my heart. I do have to say I like good quality chocolate, not so much those candy bars that try to mimic chocolate.
c. Type of munchie? I usually snack yogurt with toppings such as bee pollen, chia, granola, berries and stuff. I know... yoga has changed me a lot, but it's what my body ends up craving! =P
d. Puzzle to do? I love Jigsaw puzzles and Rubik's cubes. I do own a lot of Rubik's already so I would prefer not to get a Rubik.

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.). Not really.

What type of hobbies do you have? Yoga, Music, Piano, Reading, Writing, Chocolate eating, watching TV series.

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Relaxing.

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Immediate family, but we do dress up for the occasion and have special food.

Favorite Christmas movie and why? Christmas every day. It's an old kid's tv movie I used to watch with my sisters every year when we were young and we just loved it.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ -> Religious, traditional catholic, go to the midnight mass and everything kind of christmas.

Either B or D. I'd probably dress up in B. And would tone D down a little bit, in every aspect, a little bit fewer friends, semi nice clothing, but not the latest fashion and probably just a 3 course meal =P

Favorite Christmas music I love O Holy Night.

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Hmm.. hard to say. I don't really want a lot of stuff.

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing): I'm a boy, in case it had not been clear. I'm particularly thin and small, so slim fit things work for me. Aeropostale "XS" size kind of thin =P. Those fit me like a glove. So you can use that as a reference. I'm 5'5'' tall and weigh like 122 lbs. I do have broad shoulders within my frame. If you need another reference, in Gap I tend to buy Small Slim Fit. But if the brand has XS, I'll probably be that. I do have to buy a lot of stuff in the kid's section. Oh, I'm 28 (us) at my waist. So also if it's like an adult man store I'll be the smallest they have, if anything =P

What colors are in your home: I live with my parents so I can't choose decoration. I also don't want to, for that matter.

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc See reply above.

Anything else your SS should know about you? I like geeky stuff. I watch Dr. Who (tennant is my favorite Dr.), love Harry Potter, LotR, lately I'm into The Magicians series (but I do own all those books already).You can ask me stuff via Lany to keep me on my toes, I'd totally love that =P

Do you have any wish lists? Not particularly, I'll think about it and if something comes up I'll update this.

I don't have everyone's addresses with me at work, but I am going to send you a PM with your Giftee so you can begin stalking them learning about them.  If I don't send you the address today, I will some time this week.

I'm also a first class gift giver if anyone needs help or suggestions :) 

Archived