If you could ask GRRM one question....

fire&blood

If you had the opportunity to ask GRRM one question to clarify or explain anything in ASOIAF, what would it be? 

I personally have a million burning questions, but right now I really want to know about Ashara Dayne. Is she alive? Is she Lemore? Did she give birth to a child? etc. He is such a genius author and I'm very curious to see what parts of the series his fans would want to ask him about if we could. Let's continue the fantasy and ask away. :) 

I've mentioned this a few times in other threads but how many Dornish Wars were there, how long were they, and during the reigns of which kings?! Seriously, TWOIAF's flip-flopping on this annoys me to no end. First, in the Aegon's Conquest section it says that attempts to conquer Dorne continued all through Aegon I, Aenys I, and Maegor I's reigns but apart from the First Dornish War nothing more is mentioned in that regard even though a Second or Third Dornish War should warrant a passing mention at least. Furthermore, in the section on Dorne it says that there were other Dornish Wars (apart from the First) but in that same section it also says that Aegon I's treaty of eternal peace proved to not quite be eternal when Daeron I conquered the bloody place. Damn it, GRRM, which is it?

Even though there were a staggeringly large number of cliffhangers which we have been waiting years to resolve, I would still rather uncover everything naturally at the right time through the story.

So it would be to clarify something that has already happened. Maybe exactly what were Illyrio's motivations when he facilitated the trade of Daenerys to the Dothraki. Or who were all the players and their motivations at the purple wedding and was the poison in the pie or the wine. While the former was something that has bugged me since fAegon was introduced, the latter was something I was always relatively comfortable with but recent discussion has raised some doubts.

Edit...Oh and also was there more to Shae than what was apparent. What was she doing in Tywins chamber when Tyrion killed them. I half wondered whether she was always Tywins spy.

7 hours ago, Makk said:

Even though there were a staggeringly large number of cliffhangers which we have been waiting years to resolve, I would still rather uncover everything naturally at the right time through the story.

So it would be to clarify something that has already happened. Maybe exactly what were Illyrio's motivations when he facilitated the trade of Daenerys to the Dothraki. Or who were all the players and their motivations at the purple wedding and was the poison in the pie or the wine. While the former was something that has bugged me since fAegon was introduced, the latter was something I was always relatively comfortable with but recent discussion has raised some doubts.

Edit...Oh and also was there more to Shae than what was apparent. What was she doing in Tywins chamber when Tyrion killed them. I half wondered whether she was always Tywins spy.

I've always wondered about Shae too. In the books it was more apparent that she didn't really love Tyrion...she was always focused on the silks and jewels he dressed her in more than anything else. Maybe she was Tywin's spy the whole time. Bronn did find her in Tywin's encampment and if he threatened to kill the next whore he found him with, why did Shae get to live after Tyrion's trial? 

I would ask what happened to Rhaenys after Vhagar was shot down. Did she die or was she held captive by the Dornish, only to later maybe fall in love with one of them? Also, what was in the letter that was given to Aegon by the Dornish? Was it Rhaenys who wrote it?

On 10/4/2016 at 4:22 AM, Vaedys Targaryen said:

I would ask what happened to Rhaenys after Vhagar was shot down. Did she die or was she held captive by the Dornish, only to later maybe fall in love with one of them? Also, what was in the letter that was given to Aegon by the Dornish? Was it Rhaenys who wrote it?

good question, bo since she was caught by the hellhot people, who are infamous for being cruel and mad, i believe they tortured her and worse, and the letter was something like"leave dorne and we shall put her out of her misery"
IMHO

• 2 weeks later...

Archived