Prince of Swamp Castle

Jaak

I would think one of those Fenn, Peat, Boggs, Cray, Quagg Greenwood or Blackmyre girls wouldn’t mind being Lady of Greywater Watch. Howland got himself a little crannog woman named Jyana.

Come to think of it, Bran did say Meera is of age with Robb, sooooooo Howland musta been doing the wild thing with Jyana round about the same time Eddard got Cat preggers.

On 5.10.2016 at 2:15 AM, Ser Scott Malkinson said:

Well, we don't know if Jonos Bracken's daughters are married yet. If they're not, Jojen might try to conquer Barbra's Teats :leer: 

Missy's. Blackwoods very expressly have a maiden daughter. So how about Jojen moving to Raventree Hall, to recover from his illness in Bethany's... tracts of land?

On 6-10-2016 at 1:51 PM, Jaak said:

Missy's. Blackwoods very expressly have a maiden daughter. So how about Jojen moving to Raventree Hall, to recover from his illness in Bethany's... tracts of land?

It is common knowledge that the Brackens are known for their... tracts of land, while the Blackwoods are known for a lack thereof. That's why Aegon IV gave Missy Barbra's Teats (oh my...), but the Brackens still claim ownership and Jojen might... squeeze them from Blackwood hands.

On 9-10-2016 at 7:42 PM, Jaak said:

Is that Brackens and Blackwoods generally, or just Barba and Missy specifically?

I looked it up, and we indeed only know it for sure about Barbra and Missy themselves, though often GRRM uses these characteristics for entire families (i.e. all Lannisters being blond, all Freys having a weasel-like appearance, all Manderly's being fat). The Blackwoods and the Brackens tended to intermarry a lot as well to try and end their feud, so they might have a similar look.

Which means it could indeed be that the Blackwoods have the bigger... tracts of land nowadays.

3 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

isn't Jojen dead?

He might be if you subscribe to JojenPaste, but for now...

RANDOM: Look! The dead Prince!
BRAN: He's not quite dead!
JOJEN: Oh, I feel much better.
HOWLAND: You were killed beyond the wall, you creep!
JOJEN: No, I was saved at the last minute.
HOWLAND: How?!
JOJEN: Well, I'll tell you...
[music]
HOWLAND: Not like that! Not like that! No, stop it!
SINGING: He's going to tell! He's going to tell!
HOWLAND: Shut up!
SINGING: He's going to tell! He's going to tell!
He's going to tell! He's going to tell!

BTW, is Greywater Watch changing location all the time because it keeps sinking into the swamp?

Note that Blackwoods are the only believers of Old Gods south of Neck.

They have had some... problems with Faith Militant and King Humfrey Teague.

And now there is a Faith Militant around again.

Would the Blackwoods welcome a greenseer freshly coached by Children preaching Old Gods while recuperating as a househusband in Bethany´s... tracts of land?

Archived