Acrophilia 14: The Curse of The Acro-Demon - Round Three

Dolorous Gabe

55 minutes ago, yomi said:

I had more obscure characters before. Rhaena gave me Hammer before she disappeared...

There is some variation in obscurity. Some have it tougher than others I fear because it's hard to keep the same level within the framework of the theme. I will try to even it out in R3 where I can.

BTW I love your signature! Is that new or have I just not noticed it before?

1 hour ago, a free shadow said:

On 10/11/2016 at 8:05 PM, a free shadow said:

I cannot think of anything, I need sleep, I am accepting apples from everyone.

Just this morning, I picked the last of this years apples.  I left 2 huge buckets outside my house for people to take on their way to work. :D

I'll keep the best ones for you @a free shadow

9 hours ago, Destiel's Child said:

I left 2 huge buckets outside my house for people to take on their way to work. 

I took all of them, and buckets, too :ninja:

In exchange I left other buckets and apples that look just like the old ones, but are luckier :ninja: If you rub them, new apple trees spring up across around the oceans! 

2 hours ago, a free shadow said:

I took all of them, and buckets, too :ninja:

In exchange I left other buckets and apples that look just like the old ones, but are luckier :ninja: If you rub them, new apple trees spring up across around the oceans! 

how about bobbing?  what kind of luck will that bring? :o

ROUND ONE CLUES

1. Fallen (heir, wizened) crossing.

2. Fishtails harbored woman cook.

3. Implored offensive. [Hot]headed, undresser.

4. Followed horse, whacking cranium.

5. Fosters hawks while crippled.

6. Fell headless, wedding chimes.

7. From hedges? White cape.

8. Foil halts wedding cha-cha.

9. Flame haired watchable commander.

10. (Father's headless.) Warrior's captured.

11. Iron overran his corners.

Theme???

Your deadline for completing your final answers will be on Thursday 20th October at 11pm UK time (please note the time zone)

You will get one preliminary set of answers to which I will tell you precisely what is right and what is wrong.

In the spirit of generosity after what has been a difficult week of clue-making, I have convinced The Acro-Demon to add two nice easy clues intended both to assist with finding the theme and to help avoid players ending up with minus scores. The Acro-Demon was mostly pleased with your efforts in making clues so is happy to oblige on this occasion.

For the sake of balance however, the Acro-Demon wishes you all the most rotten luck there can be. Happy hunting!

Edited to add: characters assignments for round two will be delivered either tomorrow or Sunday.

Please note

There are no historical characters in any of the three rounds of this game. They are all alive at the start of the ASOIAF books.

Remember that these are all minor characters in R1, only differing on level of obscurity.

Bear in mind that you will receive feedback on each answer that is wrong when you submit your prelims in this round, so sending prelims as early as possible might turn out to be a good idea as you will get longer to consider my comments.

The Acro-Demon forbids me from giving such feedback in R2 because the characters will be very well known (apart from two slightly devious additions by our sinister guest).

A little comment on the theme. This is one of the most basic ideas for a theme made somewhat trickier by being obscurer characters. If nobody works it out in the next day or so I'll create a hint of some kind.

Archived