Acrophilia 14: The Curse of The Acro-Demon - Round Three

Dolorous Gabe

Bump

When I get an 8th player I will hand out the assignments and give a decent amount of time to work on them. In that time I may get a couple more players to make 10.

A word of warning: Rounds 1 and 3 will be very minor characters, making it doubly difficult to create gettable clues. Round 2 should be a ray of sunshine in between two storms.

Okay, we have 8 players so I will hand out assignments but I won't be able to do so till later on tonight.

I will keep it at the sign-up stage in case a couple more would like to join and probably won't create a deadline just yet. it will give you time to think about your clue.

I'm leaning towards two 4-letter acronyms to choose from unless anyone can convince me otherwise.

8 players should now have received some fairly obscure characters and acronym choices. I would like maybe 2 more players if possible before setting a deadline but it's not necessary. We'll leave it for now and see what happens. When I get bored I'll set a deadline.

So start entertaining me! :D

Everyone should have received the same acronym choices as read below:

IOHU  or  FHWC

And may the letters be ever in your favour.

I'm wondering whether to amend the prelim rules. I realise these might still end up being difficult clues because of the obscurity of characters and the restrictions imposed so I'm thinking I should tell you exactly what is correct and what is incorrect in your prelim answers. That would mean we won't get a situation where a correct answer is changed to an incorrect answer after prelims, resulting in the author losing a point when the guesser initially got it right.

Or maybe I should do that for Rounds 1 and 3 but not do so in Round 2.

Any thoughts welcome.

3 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I'm wondering whether to amend the prelim rules. I realise these might still end up being difficult clues because of the obscurity of characters and the restrictions imposed so I'm thinking I should tell you exactly what is correct and what is incorrect in your prelim answers. That would mean we won't get a situation where a correct answer is changed to an incorrect answer after prelims, resulting in the author losing a point when the guesser initially got it right.

Or maybe I should do that for Rounds 1 and 3 but not do so in Round 2.

Any thoughts welcome.

keep it consistent

10 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Is it too late to join?

Of course not! You were one of a couple of people I was waiting for. Hope you enjoyed Ireland!

Send me a PM and I'll give you a nice obscure character to fret over :lol:

and then I think I'll set a deadline.

10 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

...or perhaps 2 prelim lists...so the player can compare their results...since in my experience as a player, i can usually narrow it down to two possible answers...

:smoking:

That's not a bad idea. Would you prefer that to knowing which ones are correct?

I will make a decision once I have seen what everyone can come up with. The clues may still be quite tricky despite the scoring system.

6 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Of course not! You were one of a couple of people I was waiting for. Hope you enjoyed Ireland!

Send me a PM and I'll give you a nice obscure character to fret over :lol:

and then I think I'll set a deadline.

That's not a bad idea. Would you prefer that to knowing which ones are correct?

I will make a decision once I have seen what everyone can come up with. The clues may still be quite tricky despite the scoring system.

your call, i am sure most would like to know which are correct...myself, either works really...

:smoking:

Given that you don't point it out if you realize that a clue fits several characters, and thus it is more likely that a clue fits several characters equally well, I like the easy version, i.e. being told which one's are correct, better, I think. Otherwise it might simply not occur to one, that an answer is not the intended one, because the clue fits perfectly. (Like "Cripple's proxy has links". It never occured to me to consider if it could fit any other character, because it fitted Oberyn so well. The intended answer was Luwin, though.)

I have decided I'm going to tell you exactly what is right and what isn't in the prelims.

It is worth considering that in making your clues. If it can be narrowed down to two, that might not be anything to worry about because prelims will confirm either way. Also consider that everyone knows these are all obscure characters in this round. These pieces of information could be helpful.

That said, the Acro-Demon is pleased with what he has received so far. Its wicked grin widens with every submitted clue. Make of that what you will.

Archived