Acrophilia 14: The Curse of The Acro-Demon - Round Three

Dolorous Gabe

21 hours ago, Castellan said:

I had a better first answer to #9" Pod - he's only a little scrawny youth (I think of him as a kid) and a supernatural being HUNG him. Well. hanged him, I suppose. 

Yes, that was my first guess, too. I was quite sure it was correct, but it turned out to be incorrect. I don't watch the show, so I have no idea what show scene the clue referred to (actually, after reading the comments I have some idea now). What led me to Tyrion was the word "little" and the theme itself. After all, Tyrion has been imprisoned several times, how could anyone leave him out of this round? As for the second part of the clue, where there's a will there's a way; so I found a quote in AGoT which mentioned a rumour that Catelyn had hung Tyrion in Riverrun. It was, of course, not true, only some wild gossip. While I couldn't tell why anyone would choose such an obscure detail to refer to Tyrion (especially in the shadow of the acro-demon's curse), I thought I had enough proof that the answer was Tyrion. That's how a false premise can lead us to the right conclusion. :P 

And now, I hope you don't mind if I promote my own little game over there in the acrophobia section. We have quite a few players already, but others would be welcome, too. The more the merrier!

On 11/2/2016 at 10:34 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

I thought "guess again" was a well worked gag but this isn't Monty Python. Aside from that, the whole scene was for me a cringe-fest. I know we won't agree on the quality level of the show, brother, but I do admire your positivity and we fervently agree on so many other things! Let us drink to the latter :cheers:

:agree:  :cheers:

5 minutes ago, Nasty Fragile Bird said:

Where are these clues DG spoke of?

Did I speak of hints? I have no recollection of this. I may have hidden a hint to each theme somewhere in the thread but they were quite evilly subtle haha :P

The theme is gettable with the info I put on the post with the R3 clues and some correct answers to work with.

6 hours ago, Nasty Fragile Bird said:

Where are these clues DG spoke of?

I think he just meant the clues for the characters. Where he wrote about the theme being partly based on semi canon sources ad requiring research.

But now from his reply to you we do not also know if he has hidden hints. I think perhaps he did.

16 minutes ago, Nasty Fragile Bird said:

I wonder if the Demon's clues are clues....

Good point!

Perhaps DG has hidden secret clues for us but perhaps the Demon has also set secret traps for us.  :dunno:

2 hours ago, Julia H. said:

Do we have a deadline for this? 

Just curious...

I haven't set one yet. I would have said Thursday as I won't be able to post results till sometime after the weekend (I may have finally found the lovely lady to tame me***. Shhh), but that seems short notice now.

I could say Thursday this week if people are okay with that? If not, it'll have to be Tuesday next week. Let me know

ETA: ***and no, it's not the demon (I know some of you were thinking it)

15 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I haven't set one yet. I would have said Thursday as I won't be able to post results till sometime after the weekend (I may have finally found the lovely lady to tame me***. Shhh), but that seems short notice now.

I could say Thursday this week if people are okay with that? If not, it'll have to be Tuesday next week. Let me know

ETA: ***and no, it's not the demon (I know some of you were thinking it)

Any deadline is fine with me...

The best of luck with being tamed! Shhh...

Archived