Acrophilia 14: The Curse of The Acro-Demon - Round Three

Dolorous Gabe

That's it.  I'm throwing in the towel, packing up shop, cutting my losses, and  blowing this  pop stand.

I cannot look at these clues anymore :blink:.  
The 3am theme searching while on my romantic anniversary weekend also didn't do me any favors :blush: 

My list is in.  There will be no further changes... unless I change my mind.

1 hour ago, Destiel's Child said:

The 3am theme searching while on my romantic anniversary weekend also didn't do me any favors :blush: 

:lmao: yeah i imagine mood lighting arising from the computer screen as you search for .... enlightenment...was kind of a bone killer  :lmao:

..just sayin...

:smoking:

3 hours ago, Destiel's Child said:

I guess I cannot say that I have never mixed up my priorities. Need I remind you, these are only books. and this forum only discusses the books. and no one wins anything.

@rocksniffer just because everyone was thinking it, does not mean you do not need to pull your head out of the gutter.

4 hours ago, "Dolorous" Gabe said:

Hahaha what isn't romantic about Acrophilia?

That was exactly my thinking!

4 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

:lmao: yeah i imagine mood lighting arising from the computer screen as you search for .... enlightenment...was kind of a bone killer  :lmao:

..just sayin...

See above

2 hours ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

I guess I cannot say that I have never mixed up my priorities. Need I remind you, these are only books. and this forum only discusses the books. and no one wins anything.

@rocksniffer just because everyone was thinking it, does not mean you do not need to pull your head out of the gutter.

To be realistic, we've been together for 20 years and we're in our 40s.  Anything gutter-worthy was done and dusted before midnight  :huh:

4 hours ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

:devil:  :leer:

2 hours ago, Destiel's Child said:

To be realistic, we've been together for 20 years and we're in our 40s.  Anything gutter-worthy was done and dusted before midnight  :huh:

:lmao:

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I take the blame. Based on my prelims, I'm pretty ski-rued.

hey bro, my prelim was like 3/whatever...but i think my final list was better...i got faith in you if nothing else in this twilight zone world...

ANSWERS AND RESULTS

1 Commander? Orange. Rebuffed. Terminated.

Answer: Bryce Caron

Author: rocksniffer

Curse Points: -1

Total: 23

2 Gloomy peepers and discoloration.

Answer: Karyl Vance

Author: Destiel's Child

Curse Points: -2

Total: 20

3 Controls occidental rangers, timeworn.

Answer: Denys Mallister

Author: Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer

Curse Points: 0

Total: 22

4 Capitulation, ordered rival. “Throne.”

Answer: Tytos Blackwood

Author: Ser Not Appearing

Total: 4

5 Coronation of roasted trinket.

Answer: Viserys Targaryen

Author: The Acro-Demon

6 Goldless. “Panthera's awoken.” Debtor.

Answer: Harys Swyft

Author: Julia H.

Total: 21

7 Gallant: Prison. Ape: Departed.

Answer: Mark Mullendore

Author: yomi

8 Coastal overlord, ringing tower.

Answer: Jason Mallister

Author: a free shadow

9 Guards “Prince Azor”; disarming.

Answer: Richard Horpe

Author: Castellan

Total: 20

10 Got punched after dissing.....

Answer: Ronnet Connington

Author: Fragile Bird

Total: 19

11 Climbs on raised turmoil.

Answer: Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish

Author: The Acro-Demon

Theme: Characters whose House or personal sigil includes (a) winged creature(s)

FINAL STANDINGS

1. Julia H. 22 + 24 = 46 + 21 = 67

2. rocksniffer 18 + 22 = 40 + 23 = 63

3. Destiel's Child 18 + 22 = 40 + 20 = 60

4. Castellan 15 + 24 = 39 + 20 = 59

5. Fragile Bird 17 + 22 = 39 + 19 = 58

6. Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer 15 + 20 = 35 + 22 = 57

7. Ser Not Appearing 20 + 24 = 44 + 4 = 48

8. yomi 14

Congratulations to the champion, the ever brilliant Julia H. She did enough to hold off a late challenge from the winner of the final round, rocksniffer, who would have had a perfect round if the curse had not dealt him one singular blow. Destiel's Child managed to grip hard to her position in the top three faced with the challenge of two former champions of Acrophilia in Castellan, who battled her way into the mix after a difficult start, and Fragile Bird, who only missed out on the theme in the tricky final round. The second highest scorer of the round was talented newcomer Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer, who was the only player to completely avoid the curse in R3 but only missed out on one clue's answer, and may I say what an excellent debut he has had. Having left things way too late on the final round, Ser Not Appearing nosedived from 2nd place having done brilliantly in the previous two rounds. For the lovely yomi, life got in the way after R1 and I thank her very much for continuing to provide excellent clues for the game. Thanks also to a free shadow for also providing excellent clues for the game.

I sincerely hope you all enjoyed this experimental edition of Acrophilia. I'd be interested to hear what you thought of it and whether any of it is worth implementing, perhaps in an occasional one-off round in a future game or two? Hopefully, if nothing else, it was an interesting experiment? :cheers:

Plus, I think we've all learned something about some very obscure characters that nobody cares about :P

Archived