Aerys asks for Tywins help putting down the Northern Conspiracy !!

Stormking902

22 hours ago, Winter's Cold said:

Yes the Reach or more specifically the Tyrells would need to commit a large number of troops to the royal army in order for the royalists to have a chance at victory. Why would they do this if there's nothing for them to gain? They'll offer the minimum support they can get away with and not one soldier more. 

They might sit the majority of the war out besieging Storm's End or a Dornish castle as you've suggested.

Promise them a royal marriage in the future them. Or some tax cuts. And point out that if the crown lose, the next regime won´t be pleased with them fighting against them (Which is certainly the impression I got from Roberts reign. The marriage between Stannis and the Florents and that neither the Tyrells nor that any obvious Tyrell allies hold any positions of power during Robert's reign is pretty sure signs that they weren´t trusted. In addition, the Arbor get a tax remission - so I assume that the tax levels for the Reach in general might have been...unfavourable in general).

3 hours ago, Protagoras said:

Promise them a royal marriage in the future them. Or some tax cuts. And point out that if the crown lose, the next regime won´t be pleased with them fighting against them (Which is certainly the impression I got from Roberts reign. The marriage between Stannis and the Florents and that neither the Tyrells nor that any obvious Tyrell allies hold any positions of power during Robert's reign is pretty sure signs that they weren´t trusted. In addition, the Arbor get a tax remission - so I assume that the tax levels for the Reach in general might have been...unfavourable in general).

None of those are good enough. If the Reach is going to win the war for them, then they'll need a very good deal with both immediate and future benefits. I think the minimum would be two small council seats with one of them being Hand of the King. The crown would also have to promise to give them some of the Stormlands land. Besides, as long as the Reach doesn't kill anyone important on the rebel side, they won't face severe repercussions for being on the royal side.

Archived