GRRM Box

coreywt

Only 4 Ultra Editions left, and there is a new link at the top of grrmbox.com to enter a sweepstakes (open to US residents only, until November 15th) for additional Limited items (3 winners):

First prize:Hound’s Helm and Lannister Shield from Valyrian Steel
Second prize: Daenerys and Drogon Statue from Dark Horse 
Third prize: Arya Stark Statue from Dark Horse

• 4 weeks later...

There is a video where you can see what's included, although the book they show is just a mock up. The book/box is where the value is although these sets will need to stay together if you want to resell at some point. There might be many who use or break up the contents, so complete boxes might be rare.

I got my ultra box last night....#053...just unpacked as I still had family in town. 

Impressions:

• The box is pretty nice. Much better quality than the box from valyrian steel Nights Watch Dragon Set. Although I would've preferred the lid to have a grooved hinge or whatever you call it so that you had to slide it out rather than just pulling the lid off. Good construction, felt lined...
  • the map of Kings Landing is really nice I think. 
  • the shire post mint coins come in a sealed plastic bag. Once you slice that open you get to the wax sealed envelope with the coins. Shire Post does good work. As expected, also nice.
  • String Ornaments, and bonus ornament (see above) whatever....
  • Trading Card game...seems like a high quality item. I didn't open it, or the exclusive trading card.
  • Dark Sword Miniatures seem fine. Not really my thing...
  • T-shirt seems decent quality also in sealed plastic bag. Did not open.
  • Dothraki language comes on a card with a code.
  • Maester's journal seems good quality also comes sealed. I did not open.
  • And finally, the book! Quite simply amazing. Really, really nice. My only beef with it is they f'ed up the signature page on the numbering like they made it 063 and wrote over the 6 extra to make it a 5. Should've been printed on and not inked by someone...

I think that's it...let me know if i missed something.

If I get some time I'll take a little video of the book and post it on youtube and link it here (especially if someone doesn't beat me to it).

Totally agree the handwritten signature page looks amateurish. Though I guess I should be grateful they didn't eff up my number. It's on a regular sheet instead of a thicker page like in the limited editions, leading me to believe it was signed or at least numbered after it was bound. Puzzling.

Do you mind posting video/photos of the coins as well (can't remember if these are exclusive)? I plan on leaving them sealed too.

I agree also. They should have printed a limitation page for this edition. They also should have included a signed (not numbered) edition in the limited box. I think those would sell much quicker.

Did anyone notice the box is numbered on the underside of the lid? That was a nice touch.

BTW there is a 15% off coupon thru Friday - code: CYBERGRRM

Here's a youtube link that shows the coins per Selmy's request, and I also point out the issues on the signature / numbered page + flip through the book a bit.

If there's anything else someone wants to see, let me know and I'll try to post a video of it. (don't ask me to dub Tar-GAR-yen with Tar-gair-yen).

Archived