GRRM Box

coreywt

On 11/28/2016 at 7:00 PM, becca69 said:

Looks like there are more color plates in the limited than the trade edition from the video. I haven't looked thru my copy yet, but that's a nice feature.

Becca did you (or anyone) do a limited-to-trade comparison? With the ULE apparently having appreciated over 300% I'm hesitant to keep cracking it open!

The 001 Box went for $5000!  That's great for the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary!   There are a couple more boxes being sold that are under $1000 for the moment.  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152348248047?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  at $610 with 5 days left and http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/George-R-R-Martin-Ultra-Limited-Edition-Box-GRRM-A-Song-of-Ice-and-Fire-GOT-/232171316134?hash=item360e7d23a6:g:PXIAAOSwJ7RYTYNy  at $750 with 5 days 17 hours left. 

On December 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM, SelmyMore said:

Becca did you (or anyone) do a limited-to-trade comparison? With the ULE apparently having appreciated over 300% I'm hesitant to keep cracking it open!

All the B&W plates in the trade have a color plate in the limited. I believe there are 4 sections of color with at least 8-12 plates in each section. I haven't counted.

I bought two Ultra's.  I was going to give one to a brother who is also a super fan, but he's moving to New York and is afraid he won't be able to take it with him and store easily.

So, it looks like I've got an Ultra Box to sell.  PM me if you're interested!

23 minutes ago, becca69 said:

That's a very nice gift!

We're best buds and brothers.  It's not often that I can get something that he'd so appreciate (and would likely appreciate in value for him). 

I might hang onto it for him, but who knows how long he'll be in NYC. There will be other chances.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 0:54 AM, becca69 said:

It might be hard to find someone willing to break up the collection due to value decrease.

Have you tried Ebay?

haven't found it on ebay yet.

was hoping to get it off someone who doesn't play the lcg. It's a pretty massive collection of cards that i doubt everyone will be keeping up with 

On 3/2/2017 at 0:05 AM, becca69 said:

Yes but most people with the GRRM box would have an issue with breaking up the collection. It will affect the value of the box if an item is missing. Not saying it's impossible but it will be tough.

i get what you mean in terms of affecting the resale value.  but perhaps there are collectors like me who are not going to sell their collection and therefore willing to let go of some items which are useless to them (the lights for me).

• 1 month later...

Archived