Video Games: Thread Simulator 2016

KiDisaster

7 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

I am also only a couple of hours in and I will echo it has a ton of heart and you can tell that the people who made this game really love the series (or at least very good at pretending too).  There was one fight when I one, one of the side NPCs did an air guitar song of the battle win song, it was funny and a good nod.  

The combat system is different, but, I agree with Bill it is tactical on another level and it is fun with a little frantic energy.  So far though it is a really properly made pepperoni pizza.  Just the right amount of cheese with all the other predictable and all together fine toppings.  The story hasn't taken a turn for the crazy yet, but I still expect that I will have to kill God somewhere down the line.

So for now, my boy band and I are having taking pictures, camping out, and hunting down random monsters.

Noticed the air guitar bit too, laughed out loud at that.

Thanks for the responses. I'm a lot more reassured about getting the game now. On the other hand typing the name of a character from the game into Google spoiled that character's fate for me. Seriously, its been only two days and the bloody internet is already trying to give away the whole plot before I actually get to play it.

2 minutes ago, The Grey Wolf said:

Thanks for the responses. I'm a lot more reassured about getting the game now. On the other hand typing the name of a character from the game into Google spoiled that character's fate for me. Seriously, its been only two days and the bloody internet is already trying to give away the whole plot before I actually get to play it.

Yeah, I've read nothing other than what people have said in this forum.

40 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Noticed the air guitar bit too, laughed out loud at that.

Me as well, I thought that was just great!

I will caution though that my nostalgia with FF is high, so that might taint my view.

7 hours ago, Fez said:

Yep, that's definitely a Mass Effect game. I'm ready for it. Not thrilled that DA:I's crafting system has shown up, but not unexpected (and that Game Informer article said there would be crafting of some sort). I also kinda hope the facial animations are going to get another pass, but I'm not a graphics whore so its not a huge deal to me.

Beyond that though, I'm all on board.

I wonder if all the classes will be as mobile in combat as what was shown, or the non-biotics will be stuck shooting from cover still.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that though the faces looked a bit crappy. The crafting doesn't really excite me either, but I'm pretty much over crafting in games overall.

While I'm always down for more Mass Effect I haven't been overly excited about what has been shown this far.

11 hours ago, Fez said:

Yep, that's definitely a Mass Effect game. I'm ready for it. Not thrilled that DA:I's crafting system has shown up, but not unexpected (and that Game Informer article said there would be crafting of some sort). I also kinda hope the facial animations are going to get another pass, but I'm not a graphics whore so its not a huge deal to me.

I wonder if all the classes will be as mobile in combat as what was shown, or the non-biotics will be stuck shooting from cover still.

Lemme get my fishnets, 'cause I think I need to start working a corner then. I thought the faces were absolutely hideous, unplayably so. Insultingly cartoonish.

15 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Lemme get my fishnets, 'cause I think I need to start working a corner then. I thought the faces were absolutely hideous, unplayably so. Insultingly cartoonish.

For Mass Effect? It's funny you say that cause the first thing I said to myself when watching that trailer was how Ryder (or Rider? You know what I mean) looked like a TellTale character.

On 02/12/2016 at 8:03 AM, Fez said:

There are no classes anymore. You have a skill tree from which you pick and choose. It does beg the question of how they will handle it in lore, but apparently every single Pathfinder is a Biotic even if they might not actually use their abilities.

I liked the trailer a lot (gameplay at long last!) but yeah, the facial animations left me very unimpressed. They seem even worse than ME3's, and a downgrade from Inquisition, which itself wasn't the best in the market in that department. Hopefully they touch it all up going forward. You spend a lot of time in cutscenes in Bioware games, the least they could do is offer passable lip-synching.

Archived