What would have happened if . . .

Aenarion

Renly had sent Mace Tyrell or Randyl Tarly with 15 or 20 thousand of his soldiers to Storm's End to stop Stannis? 

LIke, he has 20k Knights and 60k infantry, right? What if he learns about that, and says "My seat is not Storm's End but King's Landing.", then sends Randyl Tarly with a Rainbow Guard, 10k infantry, and 5k knights? Then he has 15k knights and 50k infantry to march to King's Landing. . . preferably faster than he was before. XD :P

The problem is that Renly wanted to move slowly and that would give Stannis, Robb and Tywin time to fight it out, KL would run out of food and ,aybe revolt and he will be seem as saviour who gives them food and peace.

And he sent only cavalry to SE because it was urgent matter, infantry will only slow them down and SE may be taken or something equal that will hurt Renly, but if he semt 15k cavalry led by Randyll or even Loras they would lift siege and defeat Stannis.

After thatHe would slowly march on KL and take it easily, if he had lived he would have won the war, most men that are best equiped, most supplies and one of the best commanders in Westeros.

The real question is...if Renly's entire army marched on Kings Landing would he be able to take it if the city was garrisoned with Lord Tywin's host? 

I'm thinking the Northern army and the Riverlands would join with Renly in such a situation. Doran Martell probably would've declared for Renly also. 

It makes me wonder why the Lannisters weren't more afraid of Renly marching up the Roseroad? Such a massive army. Only Lord Tywin seems to fear Renly, as he stays garrisoned at Harrenhal instead of marching to Kings Landing. 

Archived