US Elections 2016: The END IS NEAR

Kalbear

14 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Hmm, sounds like he's interested in seeing how the debate goes then?  Will Trump completely lose his shit or just lose it a little bit?  All of the sudden, could the debate actually matter? 

I dunno if it will matter, but Trump is going to try and get out of this by turning the focus around onto Clinton and he's already hinted that he'll raise Juanita Broaddrick, and he'll likely try and relitigate the Kathy Shelton case.

Get ready, America.

Yeah, I don't think anyone- Pence, Trump- is dropping out. They have to run out the clock. Maybe he just...stops going to things but I don't think anyone is going to do anything official that can be brought up later on.

Well...so long as Trump doesn't go insane in the debate. Considering that he approached the scandal with something approaching common political smarminess and hasn't really gotten himself into more trouble with a tweetstorm stinking of narcissistic injury...Conway and Bannon are earning their money. He'll be as fine as he can be.

Of course, he still loses if things stay that way but he won't nuke everything.

7 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

He doesn't really have a choice though does he, if he's really actually running for 2020 like most people think, right? I know people have short memories when it comes to elections, but this seems like the kind of thing that will stick.

On a separate note, one of the best parts of all this is how it has shown how truly terrible Ted Cruz' judgment is. He waited until two weeks ago to endorse Trump, when all he had to do was wait for Trump to implode and then he could go around telling everyone " I told you so". Now he has to either withdraw his support just two weeks after, or stick it out and get further tainted. It's spectacular.

You're forgetting that a ton of people who supported Trump are also going to want to engage in the same bad-one-night stand convenient memory gap, plus I'm pretty sure the old 'we were lied to!' schtick is still lying around in a drawer somewhere. 

51 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

He doesn't really have a choice though does he, if he's really actually running for 2020 like most people think, right? I know people have short memories when it comes to elections, but this seems like the kind of thing that will stick.

Doesn't matter anyway. He's toast. His state hates him, his record is vile and he has nothing going for him. He wouldn't make it past the primary. Like Scott Walker.

On a separate note, one of the best parts of all this is how it has shown how truly terrible Ted Cruz' judgment is. He waited until two weeks ago to endorse Trump, when all he had to do was wait for Trump to implode and then he could go around telling everyone " I told you so". Now he has to either withdraw his support just two weeks after, or stick it out and get further tainted. It's spectacular.

Cruz's timing, to be fair to him, is out of his control. He endorsed Trump because he had to. His backers love Trump and without their money, he's done. Similar thing with his voters in Texas, but slightly less important then his money men.

Those money men, btw? Apparently still on the Trump train even after this. Ted Cruz is fucked on this either way. And it couldn't happen to a better target.

46 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

You're forgetting that a ton of people who supported Trump are also going to want to engage in the same bad-one-night stand convenient memory gap, plus I'm pretty sure the old 'we were lied to!' schtick is still lying around in a drawer somewhere. 

The bigger thing to note here is that Trump is only really losing support from some GOP politicians. His base still loves him. They booed Paul Ryan today. And many many many GOP politicians haven't unendorsed him yet. Even high level ones.

Trump is gonna tear this mother apart at this rate.

1 hour ago, Horza said:

I dunno if it will matter, but Trump is going to try and get out of this by turning the focus around onto Clinton and he's already hinted that he'll raise Juanita Broaddrick, and he'll likely try and relitigate the Kathy Shelton case.

Get ready, America.

Trump can do that all he wants, Clinton can bring up the child rape and his ex wife as well as a former employee talking about how she was groped by him and how he tried to rape her. Trump really thinks his shit doesn't stink and forgets just how many skeletons are in his closet. Clinton will eat him alive, again, but it will be worse this time for Trump. Trump isn't going to be some what "calm" like he was the first debate, he will already be amped up. Hopefully people in the crowd crush him with questions pertaining to this.

Just now, Harakiri said:

Trump can do that all he wants, Clinton can bring up the child rape and his ex wife as well as a former employee talking about how she was groped by him and how he tried to rape her. Trump really thinks his shit doesn't stink and forgets just how many skeletons are in his closet. Clinton will eat him alive, again, but it will be worse this time for Trump. Trump isn't going to be some what "calm" like he was the first debate, he will already be amped up. Hopefully people in the crowd crush him with questions pertaining to this.

I don't see this working out for him at all. Not only is he too compromised to turn the tables, but the format is a terrible one for the sustained demolition job he's likely to attempt, and precedent suggests attacking Clinton on her personal life is likely to backfire. But that's almost certainly what he is going to try, and it's going to be insane and gross.

12 minutes ago, Shryke said:

Doesn't matter anyway. He's toast. His state hates him, his record is vile and he has nothing going for him. He wouldn't make it past the primary. Like Scott Walker.

If anything Walker is the more charismatic of the two.

5 minutes ago, Horza said:

I don't see this working out for him at all. Not only is he too compromised to turn the tables, but the format is a terrible one for the sustained demolition job he's likely to attempt, and precedent suggests attacking Clinton on her personal life is likely to backfire. But that's almost certainly what he is going to try, and it's going to be insane and gross.

If anything Walker is the more charismatic of the two.

Yup, big time. 

I wonder how republicans feel being forced to carry something to term.

4 minutes ago, Harakiri said:

I wonder how republicans feel being forced to carry something to term.

I think we can all learn a lot from the way the party of personal responsibility is handling this.

7 minutes ago, Horza said:

I think we can all learn a lot from the way the party of personal responsibility is handling this.

Yea, the same party that a few months ago supported that bigot bathroom bill by saying they were concerned about their daughters and wives being sexually assaulted by a transwoman all while they supported a man that has sexually assaulted women, raped women and raped a child. 

3 minutes ago, Harakiri said:

Yea, the same party that a few months ago supported that bigot bathroom bill by saying they were concerned about their daughters and wives being sexually assaulted by a transwoman all while they supported a man that has sexually assaulted women, raped women and raped a child. 

Ah, but don't you see that they were driven to select Cheeto Caligula as their nominee because of Obama and his haughty nuance?

When The Republican Party sends its candidates, they're not sending their best. They're sending criminals. They're sending rapists. They're sending people that have lots of problems with bigotry and misogyny. They're bringing hate. They're bringing fear. They're deplorable and some, I assume are good people.

Over the past few hours, my Facebook has filled up with pictures, articles, and comments supporting Trump despite the release.  Some of these are from women.   Just dismissed as locker room humor from a eleven years ago. 

Media smear campaigns just don't work anymore, it's actually beautiful to witness.

After a year of "this news story will really bring Trump down this time" and "the DNC is just a pro wrestling show"

People are still staying with their guy no matter what media stories come out, it's fantastic to see. Not many years ago, one reporter could ruin careers with a hatchet article.

Now Google news page can't even ruin somebody with article after article after article of smearing.

People with blinders on, supporting their person no matter what is another issue. But for now I'm just enjoying the mighty media propaganda machines become impotent and unimportant.

Controlling narratives is becoming more and more difficult by the minute

Oh, there'll be a portion of the American population who will vote for Trump even if he threatens to nuke their state while simultaneously being spit-roasted in the Oval Office by Vladimir Putin and an underage llama. Point is, they're a minority. And in the last 48 hours, they've pretty much ensured they'll remain one. Thank goodness.

(Also, in response to the locker room comment - I went to an all-male High School. I am familiar with teenage boys being arseholes. Nothing I've ever heard reaches the level of Trump's comments).

Archived