Words are winds, winds make memories

One-eyed Misbehavin

Pick an adjective of your:favorite, funniest, most epic,dumb,genius, anything pick your own adjective, and then pick a book.

For example in ASOS I think one of the funnier lines is before the battle of the green fork when Tyrion is acquiring suitable armor for his mountain men (I love how Tyrion brought 300 men back with him) anyway his funny line is the popular "shagga is of the opinion 2 axes are better than 1" also gotta love stannis in ADWD

Stannis: I thought the wet nurse was this man Craster's daughter?

Melisandre: Wife and daughter both, Your Grace. Craster married all his daughters. Gilly's boy was the fruit of their union.
Stannis: Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing.

CLASSIC

"

Don't know if I understand it well

Brilliant (in ACoK):

In a room sit three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man with his gold. Between them stands a sellsword, a little man of common birth and no great mind. Each of the great ones bids him slay the other two. ‘Do it’ says the king, ‘for I am your lawful ruler.’ ‘Do it’ says the priest, ‘for I command you in the names of the gods.’ ‘Do it’ says the rich man, ‘and all this gold shall be yours.’ So tell me-who lives and who dies?

Just now, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Idk if u meant Varys or my post idea lol sorry so I just gave you my take on that quote.... If it was my post then I'm sorry.

But you did perfect lol 

LoL thanks!

Just now, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

It's Varys' whole "game" power lies where people (usually the most people) THINK it lies.

Another reason I believe in the Faegon Blackfyre theory. 

Yeah, I'd liked to write the whole "Power resides where men believe it resides." etc. but it was too long.

I think it applies to everything in the books. Every "game of thrones".

adjective: Hilarious

book: aCoK

Alebelly was the only one who paid the warning any heed. He went to talk to Jojen himself, and afterward stopped bathing and refused to go near the well. Finally he stank so bad that six of the other guards threw him into a tub of scalding water and scrubbed him raw while he screamed that they were going to drown him like the frogboy had said. (Bran V)

"All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard. As for this... Reek... if you have not ruined him beyond redemption, he may yet be of some use to us. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother."

Roose to Ramsey in Reek III ADWD

Cold as an Other's nipple

Venomous (in the best way possible)

A Feast for Crows - Jaime VI

"Lady? I'm no lady. I'm the queen."
[Jaime] "My sister will be surprised to hear that."
"Lord Ryman crowned me his very self." She gave a shake of her ample hips. "I'm the queen o' whores."
No, Jaime thought, my sweet sister holds that title too. <<<BA-ZING!

2 hours ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

Ser Balon speaking with Jaime in the white tower in ASoS

Perfection

Nice. I forgot about that. Jamie walked into that (or saw what kind of balls Ser Balon had) probably the latter of the 2.

Very nice quote that is not that popular, very nice. 

People so often forget how tricky (complex) Balon's character is. He is in a very odd situation 

35 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

"All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard. As for this... Reek... if you have not ruined him beyond redemption, he may yet be of some use to us. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother."

Roose to Ramsey in Reek III ADWD

Cold as an Other's nipple

That was cold

15 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

"Lord Ryman crowned me his very self." She gave a shake of her ample hips. "I'm the queen o' whores."

I always loved this one.

Morbid

aCoK, Jon II

Two men went through each house, to make certain nothing was missed. Jon was paired with dour Eddison Tollett, a squire grey of hair and thin as a pike, whom the other brothers called Dolorous Edd. "Bad enough when the dead come walking," he said to Jon as they crossed the village, "now the Old Bear wants them talking as well? No good will come of that, I'll warrant. And who's to say the bones wouldn't lie? Why should death make a man truthful, or even clever? The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints—the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do . . ."

23 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Ba zing 

You been staring at my turnips since you walked in ser. 

Chilling AF:

Roose Bolton was seated by the hearth reading from a thick leather bound  book when she entered. “Light some candles,” he commanded her as he turned a page. “It grows gloomy in here." She placed the food at his elbow and did as he bid her, filling the room with flickering light and the scent of cloves. Bolton turned a few more pages with his finger, then closed the book and placed it carefully in the fire. He watched the flames consume it, pale eyes shining with reflected light. The old dry leather went up with a  whoosh, and the yellow pages stirred as they burned, as if some ghost were reading them. “I will have no further need of you tonight,” he said, never looking at her.

Another one:

Does he think to scare me? Arya kissed him where his nose should be and plucked the grave worm from his eye to eat it, but it melted like a shadow in her hand.

The yellow skull was melting too, and the kindliest old man that she had ever seen was smiling down at her. "No one has ever tried to eat my worm before," he said. "Are you hungry, child?"

Yes, she thought, but not for food.

Archived