NFL2016 Week 5: Somebody Needs A Bigger Locker

Jace, Extat

14 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Until they stop blowing it all up after 2-3 years, the Browns can't be trusted as committing to anything except routinely cleaning house. I'll say they are trying it differently this time around and Hue Jackson is the best HC they've had since returning to the nfl so maybe things will change, but I'll continue to mock Cleveland because, well, that's just what we do in the Burgh.

Agreed. Honestly, I'd be disappointed if they were good. I need my pick me up.

Meanwhile, that play where Cousins picked up the bad snap 20 yards behind the line and just chucked it towards the line was pretty smart.

And Jim Caldwell with the strong turnover indication 2 feet from the pileup was the most emotion I've ever seen from the man.

Darius Slay has slayed Carson Wentz today. Detroit's 2 victories this year over Wentz and Luck. Minnesota is in the lead of the NFC North moving to 5-0, Redskins D up the Ravens......These are like "alt World" headlines, 2016 NFL is shaping up as unpredictable if nothing else.

Paxton Lynch not impressing in his first start.  The Broncos 3 points are a combination of Ok plays and a couple of yellow flags.  Defense looks good but is wearing down against the run a bit allowing them to bounce outside.  Only a 10 point game but feels like Atlanta is dominating.

edit:  Kubiak is good at a lot of things but his fucking playcalling drives me insane. End the quarter on a fucking draw.

6 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

Paxton Lynch not impressing in his first start.  The Broncos 3 points are a combination of Ok plays and a couple of yellow flags.  Defense looks good but is wearing down against the run a bit allowing them to bounce outside.  Only a 10 point game but feels like Atlanta is dominating.

edit:  Kubiak is good at a lot of things but his fucking playcalling drives me insane. End the quarter on a fucking draw.

Made sense to go safe after the fumble.

9 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

I bet Broncos. I'm smart.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Made sense to go safe after the fumble.

It is so striking due to how he allows Wade to call the Defense.  Wade goes balls to the wall all day long and the offense is so different. And yes, the draw was probably smart witht he time running out.  But thus far everything has been runs up the gut or outside throws.  Just mediocre, and yes I know that very well be all Lynch knows right now but his throws in the middle sure looked ok last week.

In 2014, I didn't believe the Cowboys were for real until they beat Drew Brees and the Saints in week 4. After this win, the 2016 Dallas Cowboys are for real. Their defensive line has enough to provide adequate pressure and the secondary is actually pretty good. Combine that with a dominating offensive line and talented young skill positions, they should be able to play with anyone.

That said, they will almost certainly lose next week in Green Bay. :P But Philly's loss today keeps the NFC East race tight. 

8 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

And how bout those Falcons? Jesus Christ, yet another wacky week.

Still feel Kyle Shanahan is a great offensive mind. Falcons aren't that talented on offense but the shit he's doing splitting Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman out wide to maximize the number of nightmares in open space they can deploy is impressive. 

Also in this season where rookie QBs like Wentz and Dak are preternaturally mature it's refreshing to see Paxton Lynch with that gamelong deer-in-headlights look I want from rooks. Hopefully Goff will be unleashed soon. 

Archived