NFL2016 Week 5: Somebody Needs A Bigger Locker

Jace, Extat

Mexlal:

Here is what you are saying:

"Vontaze Burfict is a  horrible person ... but if you talk about him being a horrible person you are ignorant.  How dare you- the average NFL fan - pay attention to him when he does the horrible things that, you know, he actually does?  What about the fact that Marv Lewis trusts him?"  

Mexal, he's toxic and he's not changing.  He helped cost you a playoff game; he stomps on players and aims at their knees.  Yes, I accused you of a false equivalency because you tried to camouflage that by saying "Look, he has to stand up to Gronk who is antagonizing tired Bengals (the way you phrased it was key- making it seem like Gronk is a big baddy and Burfict is defending the honor of the downtrodden Defense that cannot protect itself ... especially from the pass).  Burfict is a great player- nobody has said otherwise.  But with that comes a heavy price and that price is that he's going to do things that will cost you games.  Is that the leader you want?

It is the leader Marv Lewis wants.  And maybe- just maybe- I'm being unfair to Lewis.  Lewis does not have the cred to cut Burfict or trade him.  He would get run out of town.  So, he has to keep him.  And because of that Burfict will continue to play great D ... right until he gets angry and then Hulk-Smashes his way into a Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalty and cost the team a game.  That's not great leadership; that's an excuse for everyone to act like they too can get angry and do unfathomably dumb things.   

I DID read the Bar-Stool sports piece ... last week.  That's right BEFORE Fuck-wit McGee decided that the only way to defend the honor of his franchise was to step on Blount's hand.  See, its not a coincidence.  

Now ... 

Why am I angry about this?  Why, Mexal am I getting into it with you when, frankly, you are a great guy and a great fan?

Because of Deflategate.

More accurately because the NFL is filled to the brim with shit.  Or more accurately, with bullshit.  The fake, phony, trying-to-pass-as-sincerity fuck-sauce spewing out of that ogre's fat-lipped face, whenever Roger Goodlell tells me he cares about the "Integrity of the Game" or its "Safety." And then allows Burfict to go do what he does and get cover for it in paces like the NFL one you linked (the bar-stool sports one was interesting; the other one was a puff-piece almost assuredly planted by the Bengals PR dept).  

The NFL will let that danger lurk in every game to be unleashed whenever Burfict gets angry ("Don't make him angry, Mr. McGee; you wouldn't like him when he's angry.") but heaven forbid you are OB Jr and you take your helmet off; or if you celebrate too much- or do pot.  Fuck all.  

Oh, and if your balls come in at .002% under psi levels we will go to Federal Court.  But if Burfict de-cleats somebody ... shit ... what do you want US to do?  We're only the NFL, a multi-billion dollar organization that won't really go after these people.  And by "organization" we include the owners, management and the players themselves who don't give a fuck ... until its them."  

Vontaze Burfict has a job because the NFL is the way it is while it LIES TO OUR FACES about what its doing to make the game safer because ... "player safety is our #1 concern."  But let Burfict inflict his inanity on anybody; Bennett's knees or Blount's hands.  

Because we are the NFL and we don't give a shit.  

27 minutes ago, trickster said:

Yep...Middle Earth Baby!

I kind of did :blushing: Anyways..I did not really follow football this off season...So I could be 0-78 even if I tried. Just getting back into football shape.

:lmao: Well I as I told Tywin, I am getting into Football shape. But Jeebus...my Colts look depressing :( . You team seems to be doing great btw. 

I feel like it's gonna get worse on Sunday too, TN has been playing good defense with a plus sack differential and Murray will set a career high in rushing yards.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I feel like it's gonna get worse on Sunday too, TN has been playing good defense with a plus sack differential and Murray will set a career high in rushing yards.

Our defense (we should call it the collection of 11 players who share the field with the opposing team's offense) is a joke, the Oline is in tatters and we still have Grigson :( 

Rock, just curious; what do you believe is the NFL's ulterior motive behind not treating VB as it would, say, a Suh? I'm not seeing any 'why' there. Or do you think p,ayers in NYC, Boston and Detroit get the other end of the stick?

I certainly wouldn't say its an "ulterior motive"; more like, "Look, policing player behavior is actually hard so we won't do it... or at least we won't do it very well... but pot?  Oh, we got that shit down!"  

I don't think they are being "selective" about it; I just think they know its a problem that cannot be dealt with like ball psi.  You have to fine players, go through the CBA, against the union and try to actually get rid of certain players who are habitual; problems.  I DO NOT think the NFL said, "Its okay; Burfict was being a danger to Pats players- no biggie!"  That is not at all what I think.  What I actually think is that they don't really give a fuck about player safety and allow maniacs like Burfict to go out there and be a danger and, hopefully, they only break a guy's leg.

They are hamstrung by the players and the union (which, to be fair, I kind of support).  The Union will defend all attempts to actually deal with Burfict.  (BVall psi, though?  Totally cool).  But Burfict is not out there injuring owners and officials; he;s injuring other members of his union.   

13 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

They are hamstrung by the players and the union (which, to be fair, I kind of support).  The Union will defend all attempts to actually deal with Burfict.  (BVall psi, though?  Totally cool).  But Burfict is not out there injuring owners and officials; he;s injuring other members of his union.   

C'mon Rock. The players union supported Brady through his appeal process. Their fuckup was agreeing to the CBA that gave Goodell unlimited authority, but I don't know how the union is at fault in Ballghazi.

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

C'mon Rock. The players union supported Brady through his appeal process. Their fuckup was agreeing to the CBA that gave Goodell unlimited authority, but I don't know how the union is at fault in Ballghazi.

Oh, no argument; I am not saying that the union is bad or good, but that they are an impediment in taking bad players off the field.  And that's what a union SHOULD do.  The psi comment was more a joke than a real criticism.  

2 hours ago, Bonesy said:

Since then I've been to Cincinatti a few times. Nicer city than you may imagine if you're from a famous one.

:cheers:

It's come a long way from when I was a kid. Especially Over the Rhine and the Banks (the area between the two stadiums). 

*It's Cincinnati btw. I know, not the easiest city to spell. :D

15 hours ago, Mexal said:

Yes.

Words cannot describe the terror I was feeling at the start of the 4th quarter of Monday night's game.

15 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

The only name you need to know in B is Ruby Ford Rejects.

I'll give you this Jace. You, through the power of the dark side, have managed to turn the hands down worst draft into the best team in B League. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Words cannot describe the terror I was feeling at the start of the 4th quarter of Monday night's game.

I'll give you this Jace. You, through the power of the dark side, have managed to turn the hands down worst draft into the best team in B League. 

David Johnson is a beast. Roethlisberger getting injured has more or less killed me in that league.

5 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

So there's a set of fantasy leagues attached to the forum?  What does one have to do to get into the action next year?  

Just let @Whiskeyjack and/or @Howdyphillip know you want to play around next year's preseason. Some leagues are invite only while others are open. Try and join a feeder league. That's how you get to Experts. 

17 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

The players union will always take the player's side.  That's their job.

Archived