College Football 2016 - B1G expectations

dbunting

11 hours ago, S John said:

God this might be one of the biggest meltdowns I've ever witnessed as a WVU fan - and that is saying something.

When we held them 3 and out on their 1st possesion of the game and give them the ball right back fumbling the punt - I knew what kinda night it was going to be. 2 fumbles inside the 5, getting ready to score and switch momentum, you can't come back from that. Defense was on the field the whole night. Only bright spot was Crawford, had a big game.....except for those two fumbles. Still, if we finish 10-2, we get a decent bowl and it's great momentum for the program going into next year. When, Will Grier takes over and we should have a punchers chance at beating teams when down. I like Howard, he won me over with his guts and never quit attitude. Still, we haven't had a good college QB since Geno.

The snow really gave OU an advantage in this one. Our pass defense is atrocious, but the weather made it hard to pass. Apparently our run defense isn't any better, but the fact that the deep ball was off the table was a huge advantage for OU.

18 minutes ago, sperry said:

The snow really gave OU an advantage in this one. Our pass defense is atrocious, but the weather made it hard to pass. Apparently our run defense isn't any better, but the fact that the deep ball was off the table was a huge advantage for OU.

Yea, I'm not one to make excuses, you guys kicked our ass. Plain and simple. Its just all these people on my Facebook feed calling for Holgs head and saying he disnt have them up for the game, blah, blah, blah. When we turned the ball over like we did, and the Sooners took advantage of those turnovers, that tends to take the sails out of a team. Sooners are playing good ball. Gonna be a good game next week between them and OK State.

Just now, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Yea, I'm not one to make excuses, you guys kicked our ass. Plain and simple. Its just all these people on my Facebook feed calling for Holgs head and saying he disnt have them up for the game, blah, blah, blah. When we turned the ball over like we did, and the Sooners took advantage of those turnovers, that tends to take the sails out of a team. Sooners are playing good ball. Gonna be a good game next week between them and OK State.

Yeah, calling for Holgersen's head is outrageous. No offense, but 10 wins is a phenomenal season for West Virginia. With ISU and Baylor left, that should get you all to ten wins and a good bowl.

Well Michigan looks like a mediocre team without Speight as the QB.  They made it sound like he can play next week. Without him they don't stand a chance next week. Even with him I still don't think our offensive line is good enough.

WVU what the hell? I expected that to be a great game and it was a turd.

It's amazing how a week ago people were really cooling off on Herman as a coach and now its like he is walking on water again!

OMG! Gators!!! I cancelled my Atlanta hotel reservations after Tennessee won last week. I thought for sure we wouldn't prevail with all the injuries. Also, screw those who caused grief because we cancelled the original game because of hurricane Matthew. 

13 hours ago, Rhom said:

Least surprising news of the weekend:  Charlie Strong to be fired

I hope Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart sends a charter plane and a contract to be the highest paid D Coordinator in the country to pick him up tomorrow.

This!

And, even though it was a foregone conclusion, the Cats are officially bowling!  After starting 0-2 I didn't really think it could happen.  Take out the epic meltdown against Southern Miss. to start the season, and add a couple passes we dropped against Georgia and this team would be 8-3 right now.... so the what might have been has curbed my enthusiasm a bit.  Still, happy to get to a no-name-bowl and for the extra practices.

7 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

This!

And, even though it was a foregone conclusion, the Cats are officially bowling!  After starting 0-2 I didn't really think it could happen.  Take out the epic meltdown against Southern Miss. to start the season, and add a couple passes we dropped against Georgia and this team would be 8-3 right now.... so the what might have been has curbed my enthusiasm a bit.  Still, happy to get to a no-name-bowl and for the extra practices.

The extra practices bit is what has me excited.

17 hours ago, Rhom said:

Least surprising news of the weekend:  Charlie Strong to be fired

I hope Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart sends a charter plane and a contract to be the highest paid D Coordinator in the country to pick him up tomorrow.

Hands off.  I'm hoping our DC gets a head coach job somewhere and we can bring back Strong to Gainesville.  Though I think he'll actually get a fairly decent head coaching chance somewhere first.  But maybe he's burned out on head coaching right now after the Texas mess and looking to relax some...

1 hour ago, Switchback the Second said:

Hands off.  I'm hoping our DC gets a head coach job somewhere and we can bring back Strong to Gainesville.  Though I think he'll actually get a fairly decent head coaching chance somewhere first.  But maybe he's burned out on head coaching right now after the Texas mess and looking to relax some...

I figure he rehabs his psyche for a year or maybe two somewhere as a coordinator.  He deserves a higher mid level major conference job somewhere but may not be ready to step straight in off the Texas humiliation.

Early in the year when it looked like we were ready to move on from Stoops, I was all in on the Hire Coach Strong bandwagon.

17 hours ago, Baitac said:

OMG! Gators!!! I cancelled my Atlanta hotel reservations after Tennessee won last week. I thought for sure we wouldn't prevail with all the injuries. Also, screw those who caused grief because we cancelled the original game because of hurricane Matthew. 

Go Noles!

9 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

I think I saw that if Strong takes another HC job this offseason he loses out on Texas paying him $10.7 million. I'd take a year on the couch for that.

Shoot he should have to at least do some grounds work or paint the bleachers or something for Texas if they're forking over 10+ millis to him lololol.

Archived