Dreams Redux...Redux?

drawkcabi

Honest, I swear, this is the dream I had last night:

I was a millionaire so I went to corporate headquarters of Popeye's chicken and said I want to buy enough fried chicken and sides so every person in Puerto Rico can have some. Then I want it all packed so it's kept warm so I can fly it all out there.

I get to Puerto Rico and make sure everyone get their chicken and it really does lift peoples' spirit. Until...Trump shows up. He starts talking about something, it starts making everybody upset. So I go up to where he's speaking and we get into a shoving match.

Where we are is some estate build kind of into a mountain with a huge out door area on top where we are because it's the highest point. So as we're shoving each other we both push up against the railing and it gives way. We both fall over, but as we fall I grab the microphone stand with the microphone still attached, the stand goes out of my hand but I got the microphone cord. I'm handing onto the cord, still pretty close to the top, below me, all the way at the end of the cord holding onto the microphone is Trump.

They are trying to pull us up. Sean Spicer is right at the edge pulling on the cord trying to pull us up. Trump is yelling at me "We're too heavy and the cord is going to break! Let go so they can pull me up!"

I don't let go. Trump starts trying to scramble up the cord but he loses his grip and falls. They they are able to pull me back up and everyone is cheering and jumping for joy because Trump fell, Spicer happiest and yelling loudest of all.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else ever have that thing happen where they accidentally fall asleep with the TV on, and the dialogue from the TV somehow incorporates itself seamlessly into the dream? It's happened multiple times to me and it seems strange as hell.

The most recent time was a few days ago when I fell asleep to Comedy Central and one of Kevin Harts stand-ups came on. In the dream another person entirely was using Hart's jokes. I actually remember thinking in the dream, "That's not original! He stole that from Kevin Hart!" 

Edit: And maybe it's because I play too many video games. But during dreams if I die, I sometimes I get to use the "reset ability" at which point the dream starts over and I get to try again, already knowing how I died the first time and how to avoid it. Does anyone else do that? (Most recent time this happened to me was the same dream as the Kevin Hart incident. I ended up getting stabbed in a kidney by a crazed drug dealer. I didn't get stabbed the second time around!)

Gosh this is so weird I logged in today with the intention of finding this thread and it was already on the first page...

Anyway copy and pasting this from my Facebook status but...

I've had such a weird night...think I must have fallen asleep before 9pm - I only went upstairs to have a quick lie down after my meal lol - woke up around 2.30am pretty awake but disorientated and in my clothes from yesterday - got settled again and went back to sleep and had constant sleep paralysis for what felt like 30 mins or more - first one I thought was a dream because I felt 2 pairs of hands poking me and pressing down hard on my stomach - 'woke up' and was fine with no lingering pain (obviously) and then constantly one after another I got sleep paralysis after sleep paralysis this time the one I'm used to (still scares me every time though) when it feels like my whole body is being jolted and shaken around. Then I had a dream I tried to get out of bed to turn the light on to stop the paralysis (never happens with light on) and it was so scary I couldn't walk and it felt like this awful weight was pulling me to the floor and my vision was going black - and I couldn't raise my hand to turn the light on it wasn't working and I was pulled to the floor...until I woke up again in my head and this time turned the light on straight away....then I sort of doze off and have super vivid scary dreams for a few hours and now then I wake up at 7.30am totally awake and wondering what the hell to do at this time (8am now) 

What a weird night and I'm wide awake but also don't feel quite real and my body feels exhausted...

30 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Gosh this is so weird I logged in today with the intention of finding this thread and it was already on the first page...

Anyway copy and pasting this from my Facebook status but...

I've had such a weird night...think I must have fallen asleep before 9pm - I only went upstairs to have a quick lie down after my meal lol - woke up around 2.30am pretty awake but disorientated and in my clothes from yesterday - got settled again and went back to sleep and had constant sleep paralysis for what felt like 30 mins or more - first one I thought was a dream because I felt 2 pairs of hands poking me and pressing down hard on my stomach - 'woke up' and was fine with no lingering pain (obviously) and then constantly one after another I got sleep paralysis after sleep paralysis this time the one I'm used to (still scares me every time though) when it feels like my whole body is being jolted and shaken around. Then I had a dream I tried to get out of bed to turn the light on to stop the paralysis (never happens with light on) and it was so scary I couldn't walk and it felt like this awful weight was pulling me to the floor and my vision was going black - and I couldn't raise my hand to turn the light on it wasn't working and I was pulled to the floor...until I woke up again in my head and this time turned the light on straight away....then I sort of doze off and have super vivid scary dreams for a few hours and now then I wake up at 7.30am totally awake and wondering what the hell to do at this time (8am now) 

What a weird night and I'm wide awake but also don't feel quite real and my body feels exhausted...

You have to deal with sleep paralysis constantly? I am so sorry that happens to you. I've only had it once, about three years ago. I fell asleep on a friends couch and had a dream a demon was sitting on my stomach, slowly eating my chest. I couldn't move and it felt like forever before it ended.

Edit: Though come to think of it, there is another scenario that used to happen when I was a child that I think could've been sleep paralysis. It only happened when I was on a long road trip and fell asleep in the backseat. In the dream I'd actually be in the car during the road trip, but unable to breath. So I'd just be back there struggling to breath for what felt like hours (with my family right next to me doing nothing) until I'd thankfully wake up. Damn that dream sucked.

40 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

You have to deal with sleep paralysis constantly? I am so sorry that happens to you. I've only had it once, about three years ago. I fell asleep on a friends couch and had a dream a demon was sitting on my stomach, slowly eating my chest. I couldn't move and it felt like forever before it ended.

Edit: Though come to think of it, there is another scenario that used to happen when I was a child that I think could've been sleep paralysis. It only happened when I was on a long road trip and fell asleep in the backseat. In the dream I'd actually be in the car during the road trip, but unable to breath. So I'd just be back there struggling to breath for what felt like hours (with my family right next to me doing nothing) until I'd thankfully wake up. Damn that dream sucked.

I meant constantly last night for 30 min but yeah I've had it LOADS of times - too many to count and the last was only a few months ago if that. Scares me every single time I'll never get used to it 

14 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Anyone else ever have that thing happen where they accidentally fall asleep with the TV on, and the dialogue from the TV somehow incorporates itself seamlessly into the dream? It's happened multiple times to me and it seems strange as hell.

The most recent time was a few days ago when I fell asleep to Comedy Central and one of Kevin Harts stand-ups came on. In the dream another person entirely was using Hart's jokes. I actually remember thinking in the dream, "That's not original! He stole that from Kevin Hart!" 

Edit: And maybe it's because I play too many video games. But during dreams if I die, I sometimes I get to use the "reset ability" at which point the dream starts over and I get to try again, already knowing how I died the first time and how to avoid it. Does anyone else do that? (Most recent time this happened to me was the same dream as the Kevin Hart incident. I ended up getting stabbed in a kidney by a crazed drug dealer. I didn't get stabbed the second time around!)

I’ve done the fall asleep watching the tv before and at the time I was watching the OA so while the details escape me now it was a pretty surreal dream, that much I remember

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I’ve done the fall asleep watching the tv before and at the time I was watching the OA so while the details escape me now it was a pretty surreal dream, that much I remember

Well that show would do it. I had a lucid dream a few nights ago and realized I was dreaming. So off I went telling everyone in my dream that none of this is real and I can do anything I want. Then my wife woke me up.   

10 hours ago, maarsen said:

Well that show would do it. I had a lucid dream a few nights ago and realized I was dreaming. So off I went telling everyone in my dream that none of this is real and I can do anything I want. Then my wife woke me up.   

I've had this happen a few times. The people in the dream never seem to listen. Then I decide to try and fly, but all I ever accomplish is really high jumps.

On 4.12.2017 at 8:41 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

I may haven't had dreams for years now, but this one came up quite frequently when I was a kid. That was some 'Final Destination'-like shit I went through in my nightmares, because even though I could always 'replay' the same situations and avoid one death, I got flattened by something else immediately thereafter. Car crashes, rolled over by a train, stuff like that happened no matter where I went. And it was pretty frustrating, because even though I usually had quite a lot of control over my dreams, this was still a recurring theme I had to keep fighting against.

I had a very bizarre dream last night. I was sitting on the third floor balcony at a tropical resort, and all of the sudden a great white shark beached itself. Then kids start going up to it and begin hitting it with pool noodles. The shark then eats one of the kids. But here’s the twist. It’s a half shark, half squid creature and it starts grabbing kids with its tentacles and eats a ton of kids. The dream then abruptly changes and I’m in the security line at an airport. When I get to the front of the line the woman says she doesn’t like the look of me, pulls a lever, red lights start flashing and I’m dragged into a private room.

And then it ends. Super odd.

On 12/4/2017 at 5:01 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

I meant constantly last night for 30 min but yeah I've had it LOADS of times - too many to count and the last was only a few months ago if that. Scares me every single time I'll never get used to it 

When I moved in 2006, that whole year and some of 2007 I had sleep paralysis and "old hag" syndrome at least once a week. Scared me every time and I hated it. Never had it before I moved and then in 2007 it abruptly stopped and hasn't happened again. So it can stop.

On 12/4/2017 at 2:41 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

I remember that happening to me, with the TV dialogue entering my dreams while I sleep, but hasn't happened in a while as I've been using earplugs last few years and I don't remember the details of the dreams I've had when it did.

However speaking of sounds entering dreams and dying in dreams...I had a dream a long time ago but still remember it because it was the first time I "died" in a dream. We had a refrigerator going kaput and I fell asleep in the recliner in the family room just off the kitchen. The fridge was making a very loud grinding rattling noise, in my dream the noise became the sound of a waterfall. I was in a distant country being chased a la Indiana Jones by natives to a cliff on a mountainside. I got to the edge of the cliff and I heard the waterfall, I looked over the cliff and saw it, there was a large pool of water at the bottom where the water was falling into. The natives were closing in on me. I jumped. As I fell and the pool got closer the water all of a sudden drained away and it was all asphalt at the bottom. I landed and felt my neck crack. Whoever says that when you're falling in a dream you always wake up before you hit the ground is full of shit.

Since then I've died half a dozen other times in dreams, usually something to do with my head or neck. I get hanged or I get my head blown off with a phaser or a shotgun. Each time in those dreams I become a ghost after I die. I become invisible to everyone and I can float and fly.

• 1 month later...

Bloody hells. For the first time in ages I got a tangible dream and it was an odd one at that:

I was beginning a lesson in class and when I was checking the attendance, I noticed that there was one more student in the classroom than scheduled. So I went through my list and checked every single face until I found the one that didn't belong to the class, but the moment I opened my mouth to ask where he came from, the kid just vanished as if he was a ghost and everyone else wondered with whom I was talking with. Confused I checked the number of students again. And again something was off. So I went through the rows of seats once again and this time I found a girl not belonging to the class. Once again I asked what she's doing here and once again she vanished, with everyone else mumbling whether I have gone crazy. Slightly freaked out I checked the attendance a third time and this whole ghost student thing happened a third time again and then I woke up.

I'm slightly puzzled what my subconscious is trying to tell me. After the dream I noticed that this was essentially a far less murderous version of the plot of 'Another'. So shall I watch that show now or will it become doubly creepy now? :P

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm on a certain medication and I've been getting very clear dreams and a few times a month I'll experience sleep paralysis because of it.  I was on this medication years ago and it caused SP, and it stopped when I got off of it. 

Anyways, for me it's just that I'll be in a dream and all of the sudden become very aware that I'm dreaming and I feel a crushing urge to wake up and I just can't. Nothing physical is holding my body down but I just know I'm sleeping and feel powerless... kinda like I'm looking up at reality and can't get there. The first few times it happened I was in a panic to move and wake but the last few times I've been just going with it and that seems to work better. It seems I'll convert over to normal dreams sooner or later when I don't panic. 

Last night I took work off and played The Witcher 3 for a few hours before bed so my dreams were a mix of me living in a village trying to get some monster contracts, and then I'd suddenly be in terror to escape and wake up as I knew I was on the couch. Besides not panicking I've heard people wiggle their toes or do other stuff to help snap out of it. What do you do, Theda? When it happens to me and I finally wake up I usually walk around for a few minutes and switch where I sleep(bed to couch, vice versa) and that seems to help. Either way it sucks.

Last night I had a dream that I was a character in a new Jurassic Park movie. But it was an R-rated movie, really brutal, violent and nasty, not even child-characters was safe in this one. It was honestly a lot like Aliens but with Velociraptor in and T-Rexes instead of Xenomorphs. I was part of a mercenary group alongside Donald Glover and Byron Mann, trying to survive a long with some civilians.

• 10 months later...

I guess I shouldn't have watched the trailer for "Us". Two nights in a row I woke up from an... oddly cinematic 'nightmare'. I'm using the quotation marks because it didn't really scare me, I was thinking more in the vein of "Hey, this would make a decent horror movie" while I watched events unfold. Unfortunately I had forgotten the second one shortly afterwards, but I managed to recall the first one.

So basically I was having some kind of ridiculous field trip with a class (no students I actually have, thankfully). Using a ferry to drive down a giant river or some other body of water. Of course the ferry breaks down in the middle of nowhere because of course it does. We barely managed to get to a small island and explore it while waiting for the repairs to get finished. Apparently there is some kind of ruined old school building on there, but everything is overgrown by the forest. Creepy like hell even at daylight. Of course we find clues like newspaper articles that prove that the closing of the facility came suddenly after a series of lethal accidents.

Of course we have to spend the night at the island because of course we do, with some students even going as far as going camping in the facility (because of course they do) with me tagging along to keep watch. But strange things keep happening, with some students behaving very odd, telling nonsensical warnings, while others start to wander around as if sleepwalking, while others however notify me that they were seeing things in the woods. The sleepwalking students start to show more and more self-destructive behaviors, even going as far as trying to kill themselves, until one of them actually succeeds amidst the increasingly frantic atmosphere. As it turns out, a group of three creepy girls dressed in rags and with messy long black hair covering their faces (blatantly ripping off The Ring there) still lives in the woods, apparently students left behind from the ruined school, and they prey on my students in this night with their psychic powers.

For some insane reason we organize a search party to comb the whole island, find them and try to reason with them before they kill any more. Still at night of course, because we are that stupid. In a pitch black annex we manage to corner one of them, but she jumps us hissing and biting and that was the point where I went "Nope, I'm waking up now."

Bloody hells, what is my subconsciousness trying to tell me with this nonsense?

On 12/28/2018 at 11:45 AM, Toth said:

I guess I shouldn't have watched the trailer for "Us". Two nights in a row I woke up from an... oddly cinematic 'nightmare'. I'm using the quotation marks because it didn't really scare me, I was thinking more in the vein of "Hey, this would make a decent horror movie" while I watched events unfold. Unfortunately I had forgotten the second one shortly afterwards, but I managed to recall the first one.

So basically I was having some kind of ridiculous field trip with a class (no students I actually have, thankfully). Using a ferry to drive down a giant river or some other body of water. Of course the ferry breaks down in the middle of nowhere because of course it does. We barely managed to get to a small island and explore it while waiting for the repairs to get finished. Apparently there is some kind of ruined old school building on there, but everything is overgrown by the forest. Creepy like hell even at daylight. Of course we find clues like newspaper articles that prove that the closing of the facility came suddenly after a series of lethal accidents.

Of course we have to spend the night at the island because of course we do, with some students even going as far as going camping in the facility (because of course they do) with me tagging along to keep watch. But strange things keep happening, with some students behaving very odd, telling nonsensical warnings, while others start to wander around as if sleepwalking, while others however notify me that they were seeing things in the woods. The sleepwalking students start to show more and more self-destructive behaviors, even going as far as trying to kill themselves, until one of them actually succeeds amidst the increasingly frantic atmosphere. As it turns out, a group of three creepy girls dressed in rags and with messy long black hair covering their faces (blatantly ripping off The Ring there) still lives in the woods, apparently students left behind from the ruined school, and they prey on my students in this night with their psychic powers.

For some insane reason we organize a search party to comb the whole island, find them and try to reason with them before they kill any more. Still at night of course, because we are that stupid. In a pitch black annex we manage to corner one of them, but she jumps us hissing and biting and that was the point where I went "Nope, I'm waking up now."

Bloody hells, what is my subconsciousness trying to tell me with this nonsense?

..You've watched or read Higurashi so many times...

Archived