NBA 2016-2017 LeBron vs Durant ( and his little helpers)

Calibandar

11 hours ago, Triskan said:

I got to attend my first NBA game of the year last night with Toronto @ Portland.  Portland was without Lillard and put up a decent fight with Toronto ultimately pulling it out.  Then there was Terrence Ross with this dunk that y'all should see.  And for those without sound he's a Portland guy (same high school as Terrence Jones).

On the one hand, cool that you got to see an NBA game, I've not been able to yet as I don't live in the US.

Would love to attend. On the other, annoying that the one game you attend is the rare game when Lillard is injured.

Sort of like going to OKC ( my team of preference )and Westbrook's not playing.

Or Durant. Imagine what that would be like, going to an OKC game and Durant's not playing?

Well, I guess we can.:angry::angry2:

23 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

But, that's irrelevant. LeBron plays in The East. Durant couldve played in The east. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Quit trying to downplay The Kings greatness.

No one is trying to downplay LeBron's greatness. I think most people would agree that he's the best post-Jordan era player, and that he's closing in on being a top 5 all-time player if he already isn't one. That said, it is fair to point out that he's had an easier path than some of his peers.

21 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Another NICE piece. I'm feeling good about LBJ adding to that legacy.

Apparently he's the best spot-up jump shooter in the NBA right now in the half court with a staggering 84% eFG.  I think he might get a few open looks a game playing with LeBron.

Yeah Korvers strengths will be maximized in that Cleveland rotation. I think this makes Cleveland an even stronger playoff team. Good to see a longtime pro get a chance at a ring. Lebron and Lue gotta love adding some more outside threat that is deadly accurate.

6 hours ago, Tinker said:

Cavs are trading Dunleavy. 

Korver is basically the replacement for Dunleavy since he wasn't working out quite as well as they'd hoped.  Korver should be better in that role, though, as he's the best spot-up shooter in the league right now and will be used primarily as a spot-up shooter on a team that generates a ton of open looks every game.

5 hours ago, briantw said:

Korver is basically the replacement for Dunleavy since he wasn't working out quite as well as they'd hoped.  Korver should be better in that role, though, as he's the best spot-up shooter in the league right now and will be used primarily as a spot-up shooter on a team that generates a ton of open looks every game.

Yeah it's one hell of a move. I still think GS has a more talented starting five, but Cleveland's is more balanced. How are you going to stop James driving to the rim with Thompson waiting for an ally hoop and three sharp shooters waiting on the wings?

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah it's one hell of a move. I still think GS has a more talented starting five, but Cleveland's is more balanced. How are you going to stop James driving to the rim with Thompson waiting for an ally hoop and three sharp shooters waiting on the wings?

Delonte West courtside at every fucking game.

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The thing I like about Korver is that he's proven capable in the past of hitting big shots in the playoffs.  With him and Kyrie on the wings you've got two elite shooters who just can't be sagged off of because they're the exact types of guys that hit daggers.

On 1/6/2017 at 5:18 PM, briantw said:

The thing I like about Korver is that he's proven capable in the past of hitting big shots in the playoffs.  With him and Kyrie on the wings you've got two elite shooters who just can't be sagged off of because they're the exact types of guys that hit daggers.

You'll also have Love open on the perimeter a lot. The only question is does J.R. start when he gets back or will he be their 6th man. 

Archived