NBA 2016-2017 LeBron vs Durant ( and his little helpers)

Calibandar

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

In college, its definitely just subbing in a guy or two and meshing them together.  That's really because going legit 10 deep on a college roster is essentially unheard of.  :dunno: 

In other news, saw the roster for the Rising Stars Challenge. 

Snip

That World team looks like it will be really, really fun to watch with both Embid and Jokic.

Relic,

I would not trade Love for Melo. Love is younger and frankly just better these days.  4 years ago, probably.

8 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Relic,

I would not trade Love for Melo. Love is younger and frankly just better these days.  4 years ago, probably.

Agreed. I wonder if there is a team out there that would give the Knicks an unprotected 1st rounder and has the salary matches to make a deal work.

9 hours ago, Relic said:

Melo for Love. Cavs said no. Would you? 

We had this discussion two years ago when they traded Love and Wiggins and even then I took Love over the Carmelo suggestion.

I would definitely stand by that choice today. 

20 hours ago, Relic said:

Melo for Love. Cavs said no. Would you? 

Yes.  Love is like five years younger and on a better contract.  He's also having a better season than Melo.  No way I trade Love for Melo straight up right now.

17 hours ago, sperry said:

Enes Kanter broke his wrist punching a chair...

Saw that this morning.  Now revised to be "forearm."  Based on the video I saw, I'd say he broke the ulna.  That's likely 4-6 weeks I'd say.  This is a story that will follow him for the rest of his career.

13 hours ago, DunderMifflin said:

Didn't Amare Stoudemire do something like that a few years ago

He punched a fire extinguisher and sliced up his hand. And Blake broke his last season on someone's face. 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Jaime L,

His hair was even worse in real life.

I can be a bit slow sometimes, but not sure I get this reference.

Also 15 in a row at home for the Wiz. Fuck it, I'm starting to believe. The only thing more impressive is the formerly terrible Heat winning 8 in a row solely because Waiters Island has suddenly decided the second worst team in the East will now make the playoffs? 

On 2017-01-20 at 8:44 PM, briantw said:

Westbrook won't be winning the MVP, though.  Not unless his team ends up in the top four in the West.  Personally, I think the MVP is Harden's to lose.  His team is better than Westbrook's and he's putting up similar stats on better efficiency.  Durant won't win because he joined Curry's team.  Curry won't win because he's no longer the best player on his own team.  LeBron always has a shot, but I think they'll go with the fresh face this year and select Harden.

I wonder what the top ten in MVP voting might look like. I haven't followed the NBA closely this season, so I'm mostly guessing...

1. Harden
  2. Curry
  3. LeBron
  4. Westbrook
  5. Leonard
  6. Jordan?
  7. Durant
  8. to 10. Wall? Isaiah Thomas? DeRozan? Butler?

Just now, Biter said:

I wonder what the top ten in MVP voting might look like. I haven't followed the NBA closely this season, so I'm mostly guessing...

1. Harden
  2. Curry
  3. LeBron
  4. Westbrook
  5. Leonard
  6. Jordan?
  7. Durant
  8. to 10. Wall? Isaiah Thomas? DeRozan? Butler?

Curry isn't in the conversation right now. Maybe he will be by the end of the year, but the Warriors are Durant's team now. 

Harden, Westbrook, Durant, Leonard, LeBron...

I can't believe people would even mention Isaiah Thomas in the MVP discussion.  I'll admit I'm biased towards John Wall, but I feel like Thomas is a highlight reel player that doesn't actually help you win.  I watched both Celtics-Wizards games, and my takeaway was that as good as Thomas is on offense (and he's very good), he is equally bad on defense.  Being 5-9 means that someone on the other team is always open, and he is utterly worthless at stopping the fast break (kinda important for point guards). 

Personally, I don't even think he could be third banana on a championship team.  Too big a liability defensively. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Who's hair do I always mock?

Crap I wasn't taking notes. Sideshow Bob? Lebron? Manhole? 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

I can't believe people would even mention Isaiah Thomas in the MVP discussion.  I'll admit I'm biased towards John Wall, but I feel like Thomas is a highlight reel player that doesn't actually help you win.  I watched both Celtics-Wizards games, and my takeaway was that as good as Thomas is on offense (and he's very good), he is equally bad on defense.  Being 5-9 means that someone on the other team is always open, and he is utterly worthless at stopping the fast break (kinda important for point guards). 

Personally, I don't even think he could be third banana on a championship team.  Too big a liability defensively. 

Mostly agree. The other issue historically with Isaiah Thomas is if he's your only reasonable clutch time option, you're not going to win close games because he's too small to get his shot off defenses focused on him. That was an issue in their series vs. ATL last year. Has that changed this year? 

Archived