Clowns to the left of us, jokers to the right of us

IheartIheartTesla

17 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My daughter told me (without citing her sources) the Clown thing began as a prank, the pranksters were copied by creeps, and then the whole thing blew up from there.  Sounds almost plausible.

Me? I'm old enough to remember when clowns were seen as funny, not scary. 

I call bullshit

Spoiler

Clowns were never funny

Wooden Stakes people. This is not a hoax these clowns are killers, if you see one you've got to be vigilant. If possible avoid looking directly into their eyes.

These clowns go down like cupcakes if you just target the chest region. And for goodness sakes if you get one of these bastards out in the open, whack em and stack em. 

Stephen King ✔ @StephenKing
Hey, guys, time to cool the clown hysteria--most of em are good, cheer up the kiddies, make people laugh.

Stephen King tells US to 'cool the clown hysteria' after wave of sightings
The creator of the paint-faced villain Pennywise, in his novel It, responds to panic over spate of ‘clown-related activity’ across the country

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/oct/06/clown-sightings-stephen-king-it-pennywise

49 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

I think It returns every 30 years or so? We could be in trouble though if the Killer Clowns from Outer Space arrive.

Right, it's Haley's Clownmoot, it returns every 30 years, and according to urban legend will end in one Clownpocalypse, in which the bozos throw down against a force of Juggalos a la the brawl scene in Anchorman.

15 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Every time I see this thread title, I think it is the political thread :lol: 

I was sure it was, and clicked it to update myself on the US election.

I don’t know on how many levels of meta we are, so I’ll just leave this thread, walking slowly backwards, whistling innocuously. 

Archived