Dany as Queen of Westeros?

Vaedys Targaryen

We know that Dany intends to go to Westeros and take the Iron Throne and be the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, but what are her odds of achieving that goal? And I am not talking about Dany conquering Westeros, as I believe she will have little trouble there as the Realm is in turmoil and she has a huge army along with three dragons, but the question is, will she be accepted as the queen? Not just by the nobles, but also the common people and the Faith?

Dany is followed by multiple people from multiple cultures. If the show rings true, she will have an army of Dothraki and may even have some of the Ironborn with her. This can mean trouble for her, as the Ironborn are hated by most of the Realm and the Dothraki have a very fearsome reputation, making them hated by most of the world. People do not give up their gods, language, culture and way of life just because they are told to, which leads me to believe that if the Dothraki come to Westeros, they will mean trouble for the common people. Also, there are a lot people in Westeros who appear to be rather racist, a trait also shared by the Dothraki (they call everyone who is white "Milk Men"), which means that the Dothraki and Westerosi are not going to get along very well.

Also, Dany does not practice any particular religion, which is big trouble for her if she is to rule a continent where the biggest religion holds great power. Aegon the Conqueror officially converted to the Faith of the Seven to make the people like him better.

Dany is a multicultural individual who practises no particular religion, which does not ring very well for a continent which will most likely favour a ruler who participates in their culture and practices their main religion.

What do you guys think will happen to Dany if/when she reaches Westeros? Will she be queen? And do you think she can bring all of her people together under peace?

I put an end to my offspring using that word “we” by asking if they carried around a mouse in their pocket. In these posts using the word “we” deflects from the word “I.” Why not just say I think that Dany intends to go to Westeros and take the IT and be the Queen of the 7 Kingdoms? What are the odds of her achieving that goal?

When I read the last Dany chapter DwD c.71 I was left in limbo. The closing line was  As the western sky turned the color of a blood bruise, she heard the sound of approaching horses. Dany rose, wiped her hands on her ragged undertunic, and went to stand beside her dragon. That was how Khal Jhaqo found her, when half a hundred mounted warriors emerged from the drifting smoke.

Jhaqo is not on Dany’s BFF list. The chapter basically consisted of her throwing up, having diarrhea, possibly a miscarriage and some imaginings. Soooooooooooo, I don’t know what Martin is gonna do with her. At the close of DwD she isn’t well manicured, her hair is mess, she is starving, she’s down to wearing her under clothes and she is filthy dirty.

My question as of the end of DwD is; is Drogon gonna make toast of Jhaqo and his troop or are one of those horseback riding sharp shootin’ bowmen gonna put Drogon down or is Dany gonna jump on Drogon’s back and fly away?

58 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

My question as of the end of DwD is; is Drogon gonna make toast of Jhaqo and his troop or are one of those horseback riding sharp shootin’ bowmen gonna put Drogon down or is Dany gonna jump on Drogon’s back and fly away?

I'm on my phone at the moment and it's hard to cut and paste and quote and stuff here when on said phone, but according to George, and I will find the source and link it later when at my computer...

Spoiler

George says Dany will spend most of TWOW with the Dothraki out in the sea. I will find the quote later. There was a bit of an uproar by some fans because with only two books left, it seems overkill to have her spend so much time with the Dothraki again. I believe Lost Melnibonean has seen, or has a link to this info, if I remember correctly.

I'm thinking maybe a skirmish and then Drogon flames his and Dany's way free and Dany and Jhaqo talk it out, braid each other's hair, and she willingly goes to the Dosh for a blessing, supplies, fighters, etc??? Just an idea.

9 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I'm on my phone at the moment and it's hard to cut and paste and quote and stuff here when on said phone, but according to George, and I will find the source and link it later when at my computer...

Oy, chickie, you gonna find out something about whether Drogon is gonna make toast of Jhaqo and his troop or are one of those horseback riding sharp shootin’ bowmen gonna put Drogon down or is Dany gonna jump on Drogon’s back and fly away?

13 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

George says Dany will spend most of TWOW with the Dothraki out in the sea. I will find the quote later. There was a bit of an uproar by some fans because with only two books left, it seems overkill to have her spend so much time with the Dothraki again. I believe Lost Melnibonean has seen, or has a link to this info, if I remember correctly.

Argh, I know nuttin. I really dislike this shite where people gotta put things in spoilers. Five years, a coffee table book, an app and now the interactive iBook with WoW chapters that are supposedly DwD chapters is <rant off>
19 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

'm thinking maybe a skirmish and then Drogon flames his and Dany's way free and Dany and Jhaqo talk it out, braid each other's hair, and she willingly goes to the Dosh for a blessing, supplies, fighters, etc??? Just an idea.

Awwww, a bonding moment. BTW, Leech I do like this avatar much better that than other one. The only thing you have been able to accomplish is no one is gonna give a serious answer and the thread dies and I am left to read about a time traveling Bran and a Bloodraven who ain't who he is.

1 hour ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Awwww, a bonding moment. BTW, Leech I do like this avatar much better that than other one. The only thing you have been able to accomplish is no one is gonna give a serious answer and the thread dies and I am left to read about a time traveling Bran and a Bloodraven who ain't who he is.

Gee, thanks!

We could make up for it by merging what you have mentioned and go back to time traveling baby? (I won't do that to Bloodraven ;))

4 hours ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

We know that Dany intends to go to Westeros and take the Iron Throne and be the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, but what are her odds of achieving that goal? And I am not talking about Dany conquering Westeros, as I believe she will have little trouble there as the Realm is in turmoil and she has a huge army along with three dragons, but the question is, will she be accepted as the queen? Not just by the nobles, but also the common people and the Faith?

Dany is followed by multiple people from multiple cultures. If the show rings true, she will have an army of Dothraki and may even have some of the Ironborn with her. This can mean trouble for her, as the Ironborn are hated by most of the Realm and the Dothraki have a very fearsome reputation, making them hated by most of the world. People do not give up their gods, language, culture and way of life just because they are told to, which leads me to believe that if the Dothraki come to Westeros, they will mean trouble for the common people. Also, there are a lot people in Westeros who appear to be rather racist, a trait also shared by the Dothraki (they call everyone who is white "Milk Men"), which means that the Dothraki and Westerosi are not going to get along very well.

Also, Dany does not practice any particular religion, which is big trouble for her if she is to rule a continent where the biggest religion holds great power. Aegon the Conqueror officially converted to the Faith of the Seven to make the people like him better.

Dany is a multicultural individual who practises no particular religion, which does not ring very well for a continent which will most likely favour a ruler who participates in their culture and practices their main religion.

What do you guys think will happen to Dany if/when she reaches Westeros? Will she be queen? And do you think she can bring all of her people together under peace?

Lots of people have lots o'ideas about this. I am surprised more have not chimed in by now?

I am very curious how the two cultures are going to mix. The Dothraki are raiders and slavers for profit... and they are not sailors! That should make for an interesting boat ride across the sea.

Aegon converted to the Faith of 7 seemingly to make the High Septon happy. The world book says Aegon was not a particularly pious, or practicing man. I am guessing that Dany should be fine as long as she doesn't ruffle the Faith's feathers? In truth, I think the Faith is going to get shaken the hell up like a toddler with a snowglobe.

I think Dany will achieve something in her goals, but it may not be what she thought it would be like, a la Rhaenyra. I also don't think she and Jon will be married either for duty or love.

I'm trying to imagine being a normal everyday westerosi citizen, see war break out and petty kings fight, my land destroyed, family killed, etc. And then out of nowhere comes a "dead" chick with dragons and unsavory people from all over the world. No thanks.

I do think Dany will have a huge role fighting the Others, since fire breathing lizards is sort of useful against frozen mean men. But to sit her ass on the IT after spending a few moments in her "home" country? With dothraki and (possibly) iron born? Why do people want this? I'm very against the idea of dragons being apart of every day life. Tell me, in the history of the world, religion, stories, etc, when has uncontrollable fire been viewed positively? 

Last thought, and I'm probably wrong and she'll be the greatest queen ever, but her thoughts and actions in her POVs lean towards her going mad. Just my opinion. It's cool she got dragons to hatch, but she burned a chick alive, smothered her hubby, and WALKED INTO A RAGING FIRE WTF 

26 minutes ago, KingMance said:

But to sit her ass on the IT after spending a few moments in her "home" country? With dothraki and (possibly) iron born? Why do people want this?

Most likely a lot of them won't, but that's what the dragons are for. ;)

I'm very against the idea of dragons being apart of every day life. Tell me, in the history of the world, religion, stories, etc, when has uncontrollable fire been viewed positively? 

Well, the Valryians did do a pretty good job of controlling their dragons. I do believe they viewed this advantage quite positively.

19 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Probably because it's been discussed to death already.

Then every thread on this forum would be dead.

1 hour ago, Darkstream said:

Well, the Valryians did do a pretty good job of controlling their dragons. I do believe they viewed this advantage quite positively.

True, but then the doom came. I don't think they'd view that positively.

I honestly don't think Daenerys will have any trouble at all getting the majority of the population, both common and noble, to accept her rule.  They will welcome her with open arms after the mess that the War of the Five Kings left behind.  She is clearly the best ruler out of all of the potential candidates to the throne. 

The only resistance she will get will come from the despicable Lannister twins, Jaime and Cersei.  Aegon is a pretender and I don't think he will get past the Lannisters.  The Lannisters and their Tyrell ally will make short work of Aegon and the Martells. 

I love the people who think Dany will roast the Dothraki, then go on to Westeros, "slay the lies" of the pretender Aegon, burn the Others, marry Jon and be the first Queen of Westeros and all lived happily ever after. If you guys had read more GRRM stories, you would probably know that there is know happy end for someone who killed hundred thousands of people (many of them under 18) just because they're part of a particular system.

7 hours ago, Gabbie Roxas said:

I honestly don't think Daenerys will have any trouble at all getting the majority of the population, both common and noble, to accept her rule.  They will welcome her with open arms after the mess that the War of the Five Kings left behind.  She is clearly the best ruler out of all of the potential candidates to the throne. 

The only resistance she will get will come from the despicable Lannister twins, Jaime and Cersei.  Aegon is a pretender and I don't think he will get past the Lannisters.  The Lannisters and their Tyrell ally will make short work of Aegon and the Martells. 

Disagree with the latter. I can see both Tyrells and Dorne team up with Aegon against Cersei. Margaery is in Mace Tyrell's hands. She knows that Cersei set her up. Mace Tyrell was still cool with the Lannisters as long as Cersei was not part of the council anymore and Kevan was the Hand and regent. But Kevan is dead, and Cersei's madder than before. Time for the Tyrells to set aside the Lannisters and join their forces to a Targ, who isn't vicious as Joffrey, of age unlike Tommen, and not as mad as Cersei. Dany isn't coming yet, and when the news arrives her dragons burned Quentyn to a crisp, they side with Aegon too. Tyrells and Dorne fought alongside against Robert's Rebellion too for a Targ. And they might even make a pact where Aegon gets to have two wives.

Stokeworth and Rosby are locking their gates to Lannisters and lick spittles, and probably blockade food going into KL. BwB are up for major moves onto RR and Darry, if not even Maidenpool (with Hyle Hunt). Maidenpool and Duskendale are Tarly fans, not Lannister fans. Cersei will have to retreat and run for CR. 

You've already laid out the problems she faces. The only thing she has going for her is that she's the daughter of a deposed king. Unfortunately for her,  that king was a widely despised lunatic,  which plays right into the negative perception that she's a foreign queen invading with an army of eunuchs, barbarians, and three half-wild dragons.  There will be some who support her,  in a 'she-can't-be-any-worse' kind of way,  but in general,  I don't think its going to go well.  Whatever the case may be,  I don't think she lasts long after arriving in Westeros,  anyway.  

13 hours ago, Gabbie Roxas said:

Disagree with everything. In Dany's vision she faces a cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd. Hence the smallfolk will prefer beloved Rhaegar's son over Mad King's daughter who comes with a horde of barbarians from a society known for raping, pillaging and killing. Also the Lannisters will lose the Tyrells’ support and they, the Tyrells, will at least try tp ally themselves with Aegon hoping for a fourth marriage when he will also have the Dornishmen.

Is the bolded part a joke? Because it seems like one.

On 10/7/2016 at 8:01 PM, The Fattest Leech said:

Gee, thanks!

We could make up for it by merging what you have mentioned and go back to time traveling baby? (I won't do that to Bloodraven ;))

off topic have you noticed Doran is mia?

14 hours ago, Gabbie Roxas said:

The Lannisters will try to hold on to power.  I'm talking Cersei and Jaime will continue to prop their son, Tommen on the throne.  I also think they will win against Aegon and the Martells.  Daenerys will face the Lannisters eventually and take away everything from Cersei.  She is the younger, more beautiful queen who will take Cersei down. 

I agree with you.  I don't think Dany will have any trouble at all in winning over the majority of Westerosi.  She would make the best ruler for Westeros.  Better than Jon, Stannis, and Cersei.  Jon is a known traitor who has a history of desertion and treason.  Cersei is just plain incompetent. 

Archived