What if The Ice Dragon is history? What does that mean?

Thor Odinson

What if The Ice Dragon, despite what Martin has said about it, really is part of the history of the World of Ice and Fire, and he's only saying otherwise to hide some revelations for the next pair of novels?

https://www.amazon.com/Ice-Dragon-George-R-Martin/dp/0765378779/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475886411&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Ice+Dragon

If it IS part of the world, then what does that mean for the history of the world as we know it?

1) When does it occur? Probably before the Age of Heroes, but how long before?

2) Who is Adara? Does she have any relation to any of the great houses? Could she have been an ancient Stark?

3) Where did the ice dragon fall?

4) If it predates known history, that means there were TWO nations which employed dragons as tools of war, which predated the Valyrian Freehold. What happened to them?

5) Could either of them be connected to the Valyrians in some way? It's been suggested the Valyrians were taught how to tame dragons instead of figuring it out themselves. Could some remnant of those two previous empires, or a survivor, have taught them how to do it?

What consequences do you all foresee for the way the history of the world could be affected if it turns out that The Ice Dragon is actually part of the history of the world?

And in the very first sentence of my post I wrote:

"What if The Ice Dragon, despite what Martin has said about it, really is part of the history of the World of Ice and Fire, and he's only saying otherwise to hide some revelations for the next pair of novels?"

2 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

And in the very first sentence of my post I wrote:

"What if The Ice Dragon, despite what Martin has said about it, really is part of the history of the World of Ice and Fire, and he's only saying otherwise to hide some revelations for the next pair of novels?"

The answer would be the same. 

1) It would have to be millions of years before since the children & giants were the dominant races on Westeros for hundreds of thousands of years before Men came.

2) Probably her whole family was wiped out in some calamity before the CotF came to Westeros.

3) Doesn't matter. In the millions of years since, thousands of fire dragons have fallen in the same spot and neutralized the ice magic.

4) Snarks and Grumkins.

5) Maybe they fled West, founded Asshai, and later taught Valyrians? Or not.

Archived