Sick of Being Unhealthy

The Lord Bastard

12 minutes ago, Zoë Sumra said:

*hugs* Do you have access to an SAD light?  A friend who recently moved to London from Seattle swears by hers... she sits in front of it for five or six hours a day to make up for the winter sunlight to which she's accustomed.

I always think January new workout regimes etc. are a nasty trick to play.  Motivation and energy are rare in winter.  Focus on surviving to spring first...

I've never even heard of those! Thank you! I will look that up....

Winter always gets to me; rain and cold and short days so I stay in bed more and am over tired - the thing is when I get going I love walking nd running I just haven't done it in so long (jogging, running, exercising) that I feel like I can't ever go back to it - my mum walked in on me in bed just now and asked if I wanted to go gym with her today or tomorrow and I was honestly like NOPE and then felt so guilty 

4 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I've never even heard of those! Thank you! I will look that up....

Winter always gets to me; rain and cold and short days so I stay in bed more and am over tired - the thing is when I get going I love walking nd running I just haven't done it in so long (jogging, running, exercising) that I feel like I can't ever go back to it - my mum walked in on me in bed just now and asked if I wanted to go gym with her today or tomorrow and I was honestly like NOPE and then felt so guilty 

That feeling can be hard to overcome, but the thing to do is set your expectations accordingly. If you haven't exercised in a long time, start small. Do a few exercises every day rather than trying to do an intense session once a week. Go for a jog, set a realistic distance and alternate running and walking. Don't time yourself or push yourself at first, just get your body used to it. The most important thing at this point is to work exercise into your routine, so that it becomes just something you do, instead of something you feel guilty about not doing.

Just now, mormont said:

That feeling can be hard to overcome, but the thing to do is set your expectations accordingly. If you haven't exercised in a long time, start small. Do a few exercises every day rather than trying to do an intense session once a week. Go for a jog, set a realistic distance and alternate running and walking. Don't time yourself or push yourself at first, just get your body used to it. The most important thing at this point is to work exercise into your routine, so that it becomes just something you do, instead of something you feel guilty about not doing.

Yeah that last sentence really struck me !!! I really have to start small I always assume things to be insanely difficult and totally sisyphean when you can start small on most things....thank you...I'm gonna TRY and get jogging again....the weather puts me off so much tho

11 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Oh I do this a lot at least!! My job is pretty active too 

Good on both counts.  At my job I can park in the back far lot and walk a little farther to get more walking in.   Also take the stairs when possible.  Little things like this add up and are little accomplishments that count. Plus people think you're weird to do this stuff which is kinda hilarious. 

5 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Good on both counts.  At my job I can park in the back far lot and walk a little farther to get more walking in.   Also take the stairs when possible.  Little things like this add up and are little accomplishments that count. Plus people think you're weird to do this stuff which is kinda hilarious. 

Ijust work in retail so I'm literally on my fit all day running up and down the store lifting things, sorting stuff out - always on the move so I consider it fairly active. I walk half an hour from the bus station to get the bus to work so I often walk that. And I really DO dance a lot at home by myself LOL 

10 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Ijust work in retail so I'm literally on my fit all day running up and down the store lifting things, sorting stuff out - always on the move so I consider it fairly active. I walk half an hour from the bus station to get the bus to work so I often walk that. And I really DO dance a lot at home by myself LOL 

That's a lot of movement!  I have a mostly desk job but have a couple of tasks I stand for where my coworkers sit.  We play music and they are used to me dancing around sometimes.   LOL. I really try to get what movement I can at work since I spend so much time there. 

Archived