US Elections 16- The Scowl & The Pussy-Crat.

James Arryn

No flirting in my political thread!

Well, flirting with me's ok, but not with each other. Also Jace can't flirt with me cause she kinda scares me. And no Patriots fans, on principle. Also, no Trump supporters, on hygiene. Okay, really only Manhole and Kal can flirt with me. And Jaime, but he never comes in these things, the snob. But Imma look pretty just in case.

I could not watch the debate after Drumpf threatened Clinton with prosecution if he is elected and then said 'You're going to jail'. Even his stunt with the women before the debate was swiftly forgotten.

Let me point out how many ways that's wrong:

There was an investigation to the E-mail thing. That investigation is concluded and while you may not agree with the outcome, she was not charged with any crime let alone found guilty. Drumpf wants to go in, appoint people who agree with his world view and tell everyone else that only he can be correct in implementing the law.

You may say that in your opinion Clinton did something that might be illegal, but as a candidate you cannot threaten your political opponent with legal action because you do not have that authority yet.

That's a veiled threat against all of Drumpf's political opponents. If he can bring down somebody as powerful as Hillary Clinton, imagine what he can do to those with no power.

I got so angry that I could not watch anymore. If Drumpf is elected, may God (if he exists) have mercy on us all.

8 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Well, flirting with me's ok, but not with each other. Also Jace can't flirt with me cause she kinda scares me. And no Patriots fans, on principle. Also, no Trump supporters, on hygiene. Okay, really only Manhole and Kal can flirt with me. And Jaime, but he never comes in these things, the snob. But Imma look pretty just in case.

Sometimes I just walk up to a man and... well, you know.

2 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Despite the snub, I will fight for you. I won't quit. I won't give up. I'm a fighter. Some may disagree with what I'm fighting for, may question my judgement. But I will fight hard, and I won't quit and I won't give up.

7 minutes ago, Ordos said:

I could not watch the debate after Drumpf threatened Clinton with prosecution if he is elected and then said 'You're going to jail'. Even his stunt with the women before the debate was swiftly forgotten.

Let me point out how many ways that's wrong:

There was an investigation to the E-mail thing. That investigation is concluded and while you may not agree with the outcome, she was not charged with any crime let alone found guilty. Drumpf wants to go in, appoint people who agree with his world view and tell everyone else that only he can be correct in implementing the law.

You may say that in your opinion Clinton did something that might be illegal, but as a candidate you cannot threaten your political opponent with legal action because you do not have that authority yet.

That's a veiled threat against all of Drumpf's political opponents. If he can bring down somebody as powerful as Hillary Clinton, imagine what he can do to those with no power.

I got so angry that I could not watch anymore. If Drumpf is elected, may God (if he exists) have mercy on us all.

So, do you still think Trump works within the parameters of democracy?

There seems to be two schools of thought on Mike Pence at the moment. The first one is that he's staying put, as evidenced by the "victory" tweet put out after the debate. The other school of thought is that he's edging closer to dropping out after Trump backed Putin over him (the idea being that the tweet was automated/put out by his staff). Pence has cancelled a Trump fundraiser for Monday...

13 minutes ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

So, do you still think Trump works within the parameters of democracy?

Not anymore. I promise you this is the lowest moment in the 2016 US Presidential Election in my opinion. This is the most revealing statement that proves something I said in an older thread that if Drumpf wins, Americans should seriously consider moving not out of political protest, but for their own safety. I'll dig it up if you like.

By the way, when he said 'You're going to jail', he says this before the trial is even started and before she is even found guilty. Which means he intends to set up a show trial.

5 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Sources: Ryan discussed revoking Trump endorsement
The House speaker hasn't made a decision, but he's increasingly dismayed by Trump's campaign.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/paul-ryan-donald-trump-endorsement-229521?lo=ap_a1

Someone should tell yonder Prince of Denmark he got poisoned eight months ago. The show's over.

Frank Luntz claiming that his focus group shows that the debate was big enough to put Trump back in the race. From what I recall the first focus group after Debate 1 basically matched the general consensus.

Interesting, I was leaning more to a Trump win than otherwise but apparently the polls say different so...we'll see in a few days.

10 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

Would that mean Democrats are the party of old white women that have lived a life of incredible privilege?

Yea, the Dems are only white women and only nominate them, that is why this is the first time a woman has won the nomination for a major party. Oh, and incredible privilege? Maybe financially, she had to deal with a shit load of sexism / misogyny and still has to deal with it. 

Try again. 

Also, I am wondering how that is supposed to be worse than old ignorant white men that do nothing but try to oppress people that are not like them. Soooooooo, your post seems really pointless when it comes to a counter argument with substance and seems more like a really shitty insult.

5 minutes ago, Harakiri said:

How so? this is the first time a woman has won the nomination of a major party and she still has to deal with sexism / misogyny. 

Try again. 

I question how much this sexism/misogyny is actually harming her in the end.

Im sure there are people that would never vote for her no matter what simply because she is a woman, just as I'm sure there are people that will support her no matter what simply because she is a woman.

I don't think anyone can claim to know for sure how or how much Hilary Clintons gender is affecting her campaign.

8 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

I question how much this sexism/misogyny is actually harming her in the end.

Im sure there are people that would never vote for her no matter what simply because she is a woman, just as I'm sure there are people that will support her no matter what simply because she is a woman.

I don't think anyone can claim to know for sure how or how much Hilary Clintons gender is affecting her campaign.

Not what I said. I was talking about how she still has to deal with sexist and misogynistic bullshit being thrown at her.

4 minutes ago, Harakiri said:

Not what I said. I was talking about how she still has to deal with sexist and misogynistic bullshit being thrown at her.

Well I'm saying she is an incredibly privileged person who has lived an incredibly privileged life regardless of the rampant sexist and misogynistic bullshit being thrown at her.

Also, it's America. Both of the parties are made of mostly white people.

1 minute ago, DunderMifflin said:

Well I'm sating she is an incredibly privileged person who has lived an incredibly privileged life regardless of the rampant sexist and misogynistic bullshit being thrown at her.

She didn't come from privilege, whereas Trump was born with a silver spoon in his tiny, grasping hands. 

Also, in contrast to Trump, Clinton wasn't born with a golden spoon in her mouth. Fred Trump was a billionaire real estate tycoon, Hugh Rodham a small business owner. Cinton may have experienced a ton of privilege over the course of the years, but in contrast to Donald Trump, she worked hard to get to that point.

Archived