U.S. Elections: Trumpsterfire Unchained

Mr. Chatywin et al.

10 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

Milo is all about free speech. It really is about resisting the SJW tactics of bullying alleged thought criminals. The dangerous effect of too much political correctness. Like the British rape gangs protected from investigation due to being Muslim and everyone shit scared of being seen as racist. Or the scientist who was sacked due to sjw pressure after saying some fairly mild things about women. Or the media suppression of immigrant sexual assaults in Europe due to racial sensitivity. All this shit accrues and while no one wants to return to the good old days of open racism and sexism, the strangling effect of the sjw narrative is something that needs to be resisted. 

oh boy.  Yea, so, it's not actually about free speech.   Milo and the Alt Right are whining for the right to say whatever offensive thing they want without repercussion.   They want the right to be assholes/ bully/ offend without anyone calling them out for being assholes/ bullies/ offending.   In short, they can't handle excoriation for their vitriol, instead wanting to spew said vitriol with absolute impunity.

You have a right to say whatever you want.  You do not have a right to no criticism for it.

Still waiting from @DraculaAD1972 to find out if making total fictional situations up to demonize opponents is okay for everyone. Because I get that he hates Clinton for ordering a hit squad on his neighbors and can sympathize - after all, Sean Hannity gave my son cancer.

Pretty much. No one is actually calling for any kind of civil or criminal penalty for Milo because he says obnoxious things, but his loyal cult of personality feels that because people don't like him -- because he says obnoxious things -- he is somehow being wronged. Damn SJWs!

18 minutes ago, Maester Drew said:

I did clarify with adding "aka Third Wave" in parentheses immediately after "Neo-Feminism." If I got the terminolgy wrong, I apologize. I have heard modern feminism referred to as Neo-Feminism, Third-Wave Feminism, and Radical Feminism, so maybe its inconsistent or just a matter of preference.

As for my comments on Western Civilization, I wasn't speaking for the origins of the civilization as a whole, rather certain aspects of it. But I concede I could have worded it a bit better.

Thanks for the answer. You can probably just say "liberal feminism." 

It's weird to me that skepticism is such a major philosophical feature of western thought, and yet this current movement to "save" western culture ascribes such little value to it. 

Apparently being told off by the very people they denigrate makes the alt-right so scared that they must demand safe spaces in which to air their odious views with no repercussions, without having to come in contact with disagreement. They are not brave. They're weak and pathetic.

You have the right to be offensive. You will not be prosecuted for it. However, your employer may well decide that them continuing to procure your services will lead to negative PR for them so that even if your services are valuable in and of themselves, you're a liability to the company's baseline and have to be fired.

Free market principles. Stock-holder value maximization. I thought conservatives cared about them. I guess I was wrong...

Oh, and if you want better protections for employees, you're not going to find allies within the conservative movement... better talk to those pesky unions instead, they're specializing in that kind of thing. But I guess they'll be too left-wing for your liking.

Love this Josh Marshall bit on Trump the Abuser and the people trapped in the Abuser's house.

This whole thing is utterly surreal.  I hope everyone who is against Trump gets out and votes.  Running up the score is crucial.  Have we ever in post-WWII times seen a general election candidate that was in a mini-civil war with the party heading down the final stretch?  I can't recall any in the last two decades.  Did Jimmy Carter face some defections in 1980?

2 minutes ago, Daniel Plainview said:

God the alt right is nothing but entitled pissy man babies.

Their hero was whining in the debate that Hil talked over her two allotted minutes!  Once by 25 seconds!  So unfair! 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've been wondering about this too, specifically with Ryan's actions. By not unendorsing Trump he alienates the Republicans who are fleeing Trump's sinking ship while at the same time he's alienating Trump supporters who are furious that elected leaders are being given the go ahead to longer support him. That could end up hurting down ballot Republicans in swing states. 

Polling numbers indicate like 2/3rds of them think Trump needs to be supported by the party and like the other 3rd or a bit less think the exact opposite. It's not looking good at the moment for them and that could kill them down ballot. There are no good answers here because the same reason as always for the GOP: the deplorables are too numerous to do without, but not numerous to win.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Plainview said:

Chicken shit bigot Milo I'm guessin?

Trump in the debate!  He whined more than once about Hil going overtime, once he mentioned 25 seconds and once a minute.  Yet, his talk time total was one minute longer in the end. 

56 minutes ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

You have the right to be offensive. You will not be prosecuted for it. However, your employer may well decide that them continuing to procure your services will lead to negative PR for them so that even if your services are valuable in and of themselves, you're a liability to the company's baseline and have to be fired.

Free market principles. Stock-holder value maximization. I thought conservatives cared about them. I guess I was wrong...

Oh, and if you want better protections for employees, you're not going to find allies within the conservative movement... better talk to those pesky unions instead, they're specializing in that kind of thing. But I guess they'll be too left-wing for your liking.

I'm no conservative, just a left-leaning libertarian. I liked Bernie Sanders and can't believe Evil Hillary stole the crown. My workplace is a model of diversity and I have muslim colleagues on my team who I enjoy. Doesn't mean that I and my half iranian best friend can't delight in politically incorrect humour. Or believe mass muslim immigration into europe is a bad idea. The problem with sjw's is that they always need to emerge morally victorious with a drpping scalp, no matter what the severity of the thought crime they demand blood. An apology is never enough even for comments said in humour.

43 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Trump in the debate!  He whined more than once about Hil going overtime, once he mentioned 25 seconds and once a minute.  Yet, his talk time total was one minute longer in the end. 

Ah okay, I ignored what he said most of the time since it came off as whining, because that's what it is and all he does.

So some asshole or assholes in my state spray painted swastikas on the outside of an Indian-American congressional candidate's home. Disgusting.

Archived