Getting Political : Your Kingsguard, Small council & Queen

Davosluckyfingers

Ok so the scenario is, you are king at the start of the books. Pick and compare these 3 things, give us reasons for picking it, and tell us how long you think it would last.

Kingsguard
Small Council

Queen

How would you pick? On fighting ability alone although they could betray you?, forging alliances with greater houses? Would you be accepted by the smallfolk And what kind of King would you be.

Mines would be as follows.

Kg : (LC) Barristan Selmy
                Addam Marbrand
                Balon Swann
                Brienne of Tarth
                Robar Royce
                Garlan Tyrell
                Guyard Morrigen

All good, honourable, trustworthy people. If I'm having someone protecting me 24/7 I would rather have these guys who could protect me, teach me, and guide me than someone like the mountain or Bronn who only have there best interests at heart. Also they would command more respect from the small folk which is an important image to give off.

All good warriors, maybe not the best but certainly renound

Experienced, Barristan has been there, seen it, done it. Who else better to lead, inspire and help this youthful kings guard grow.

Charismatic: (especially Selmy and Marbrand) these are people who others would gladly follow into battle

Small council: 

Hand - Bronze Yohn Royce 
Grand Maester - Luwin
Master of laws - Davos Seaworth
Master of whispers - Varys
Master of Coin - Willas Tyrell
Master of ships - Paxter Redwyne

Again the theme here is honour and loyalty, a stern hand that has isn't afraid to tell me right from wrong.

A just and fair master of laws.

A very clever and knowledgable master of coin.

A very good naval commander with lots of experience.

Queen :

Sansa Stark - this is extremely important to keep the north onside.

How long do you think my kingdom would last with this in place? And what would you change and why?

Only thing I'd disagree with you on about the KG is Garlan and Addam. Not because of a lack of skill, honour or loyalty or whatever but because Garlan is already married and Addam is the heir to Ashenmark. I'd suggest replacing them with Rolland Storm and maybe Richard Horpe (who was passed over for the canon KG because Cersei was scared she wouldn't be able to bring him under her control)

The Small Council is pretty good. Personally, I'd have Brynden Tully as my Hand, keep Stannis on as Master of Ships and give Doran Martell and Yohn Royce advisory positions. Davos as Master of Laws is good but him being smallfolk might work against him as the Gold Cloaks might not like listening to him. Maybe Randyll Tarly instead? And I'd give Master of Coin to one of the Lannister's. Not only would it then be an effective Small Council, but one that has a lord from every region except the north (but marrying Sansa solves that) and the Iron Islands (but screw them)

I'd go with:

Queen: Margeary Tyrell

KG:

Barristan Selmy (LC)

Loras Tyrell

Balon Swann

Archibald Yronwood

Richard Horpe

Lyn Corbray

Addam Marbrand

Small Council:

Kevan Lannister (Hand)

Jason Mallister (Master of Laws)

Paxter Redwyne (Master of Ships)

Wyman Manderly (Master of Coin)

Tyrion Lannister (Master of Whispers)

Maester Pylos (Grand Maester)

I'm writing this assuming everyone in Westeros is more or less cool with each other at the time.

Queen - Margery (as played by Natalie Dormer, specifically, plus a mistress or 3)

Hand - Tywin Lannister (seemed to do a pretty kick ass job)

KG

- Barristan Selmy (LC, same reason as Tywin)

- Loras (keep my queen happy and the Tyrells happy)

- Arys Oakheart (seemed pretty good before he took the hard L)

- Robar Royce (give the Vale some love)

- Blackfish Tully (an oldie but a goodie)

- Mandon Moore (same reason as Oakheart)

- Brienne of Tarth (because shes Brienne of Tarth) 

(Jon Snow as an alternate)

SC

- Master of Laws - Stannis Baratheon 

- Master of Ships - Paxter Redwyne 

- Master of Coin - Wyman Manderly (or Hightower)

- Master of Whispers - Varys (assuming he was on my side there's no one better)

(Tyrion Lannister as an alternate, he could do pretty much any council position. Tyrion's also the crown-appointed wine purchaser and drinking buddy)

Kingsguard:

Barristan Selmy, Loras Tyrell, Lyn Corbray, Richard Horpe, Balon Swann, Gerold Dayne and Robar Royce

Small council:

Hand of the King - Tyrion Lannister

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard - Barristan Selmy

Grand Maester - Marwyn the mage

Master of coin - Petyr Baelish

Master of laws - Brynden Tully

Master of whisperers - Varys

Master of ships - Stannis Baratheon

Queen:

Daenerys Targaryen

Reasoning: 

The Kingsguard is made up of the most skilled and loyal soldiers-

The small council has the most loyal Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, The best possible Grand Maester, A wizzard with coins as Master of coin, Brynden Tully who is loyal and liked by the people, Varys is the best option for Master of whisperers and the greatest naval commander that we know of in the books is Stannis Baratheon for the Master of ships.

Danerys Targaryen is the most beautiful girl in the world and i wan't that pussy. I assume she wouldn't have any dragons and the common people seem to like the Targaryens. The Reach, Dorne and the Crownlands like House Targaryen. She is kind and gentle so the small folk would love me.

I think Danny will be queen so here we start 

Queen: Danny Targeryan
Husband: Willas Tyrell (70k army, rich, brilliant, enough said)

Lord Paramount

Lord Paramount of the North - Rickon Stark 
Lord Paramount of the Riverlands - Edmure Tully
Lord Paramount of the Reach - Mace Tyrell
Lord Paramount of the Westerlands - Tyrion Lannister
Lord Paramount of the Vale - Sweet Robin Arryn
Queen of the crownlands, Stormlands and Dragonstone – Danny.
Lord Paramount of the Iron Islands – Victarion Greyjoy
Prince of Dorne - Dorran Martell
Lord Paramount of the wall and the gift – Jon Snow

Queensguard: 

KG captain- Barristan Selmy
KG1 - Loras Tyrell
KG2 – Brienne of Tarth
KG3- Grey Worm
KG4 – Mance Ryder
KG5 – Wun Wun
KG6 – Arya Stark

Grand Maester – Bran Stark (he’ll be sent to become maester)
Hand of the King – Dorran Martell
Master of coin – Tyrion Lannister
Master of laws - Brynden Tully
Master of whisperers – Varys
Master of ships – Asha Greyjoy

My realm will be built on pleasing my wardens as much as possible but not allowing them to get strong enough to crush me.

The crownlands borders will be moved. KL will not remain the capital city and the iron throne will be moved to the Stormlands. That will provide me with an army with some teeth if I ever need it.

Aegon – Aegon will be pardoned, he’ll be appointed my heir and he will be allowed to bend the knee as long as he accepts me as his queen. He will be married off to Arriane Martell and he’ll live happily ever after there.

North – Bran will be declare unfit to rule and will come with me to KL. He’ll train as a maester and will be appointed in the small council soon afterwards. Rickon will inherit Winterfell. Jon ‘Snow’ will be given the Lordship of the Dreadfort, he’ll marry Asha and be appointed Protector of the North till Rickon comes of age and Lord Paramount of the Wall and the Gift soon afterwards with the task of colonizing the true North once the white walkers problems is settled . The wildlings will be kept in the Gift under Jon Snow’s command they will have to take care of the wall. Arya will be part of my QG.

If there’s proof that Jon is actually Rhaegar’s son, I’ll legitimise him as long as he bends the knee and he marries Asha Greyjoy. The Greyjoys have a lot to work on redeeming themselves with the North so I will be expecting them to help them by supplying soldiers and their fleet in the conquest of the true North.

Tyrells – I will offer to marry Willas and pardon Margaery as long as they bend the knee and I choose whom she’ll marry next.  The Tyrells will be rewarded greatly with me being queen. I am expecting daddy in law Mace to fork enough money and troops so we can expand our empire.

Lannisters – They will be crushed. Jamie and Cersei will be executed for their crimes, Tommen will also be executed while Myrcella will be disowned and will live all her life under my custody. Tyrion will inherit CR and be appointed as Lord Paramount of the Westerlands. Sansa will return at Tyrion’s side as wife. Sansa is Jon’s half-sister, therefore I’ll be expecting the Westerlands to support Jon in his quest of colonizing the land beyond the wall.

Tully – I’ll restore the Tully to the Riverlands and banish every single Frey from the Kingdom. Edmure’s wedding will be declared null (the high septon must grant me this else he’ll sleep with Drogon). His wedding will be declared null (although Roslin’s child will be appointed Lord of the twins, with Roslin being allowed to live there) and he will return to Riverrun triumphant. Of course that comes with a price, ie he will have to bend the knee and marry my sister in law Margaery Tyrell.

Arryn – Sweet Robin will be spared as long as he bends the knee. Brynden will be sent as his protector until he comes to age.

Greyjoys – Victarion will be declared Lord Paramount of the iron islands and will get his revenge over his brother as long as he bends the knee and help me transport my army to Westeros. Theon will be executed but Asha will live on as long as she accepts her marriage with Jon Snow.

Martells – I’ll send Cersei’s, Tommen’s and Jamie’s heads to Dorne to win their support, Tywin’s body will be dug out and sent to the Martells too. Soon enough I’ll appoint Aegon as heir and I’ll propose a marriage between Aegon and Arriane.

Kingsguard

1Lord Commander Barristan Selmy

2Ser Richard Horpe the Slayer

3Ser Balon Swann

4Ser Rolland Storm

5Ser Lyn Corbray

6Ser Guyard Morrigen

7Ser Garlan Tyrell

Queen:

Sansa Stark/Shirreen Baratheon/Margery Tyrell

Small Council

Hand of the King: Stannis Baratheon

Master of Coin: Tywin Lannister

Master of Laws: Eddard Stark/ Davos Seaworth

Master of Whispers: Any one,but not Varys or Littlefinger

Master of Ships: Paxter Redwyne/ Monford Velaryon

Master at Arms: Brynden Tully( not really a member of the SC,but still has an important role

Grand Maester: Maester Cressen

Reasoning: The Kingsguard is formed by the biggest killers in Westeros and most of them are also extremely loyal(Horpe follows Stannis,same with Rolland, Balon Swann is a true knight, Lyn Corbray is cold-blooded, Garlan cares about real battles not tourneys and Morrigen is described as one of the best warriors in the Stormlands)

Queen: Marrying a daugther of powerful lord is the right way to go a for a newly-established dynasty. Shirreen may be disfigured, but it is never said she is ugly and the other two are the pretty maids of the kingdom.

Small council:

All Stannis cares for is justice, he shall punish anyone who breaks the law and will lead the Royal Army in times of war.He proved his competence at administration during Robert`s reign where he and Jon Arryn saved the realm of a collapse caused by people like The Spider and Littlefinger. 

A man who holds a large sum of money definitely will be able to deal with the treasury of the Realm, plus Tywin can also offer advice in times of war and help in intrigue.

Eddard Stark is just as headstrong in following the law as Stannis and prefers to do the deed himself(not that he will execute every piece of shit, he will just take care of the more popular criminals. My other choice is Davos as a man who was felt the law in action. He has seen proper justice and now will make sure every one gets a trail and punishment according to their crime(if Davos was caught for smuggling by anyone else, he would have been killed)

Master of Whispers mainly brings trouble. Someone loyal shall fill this place,not a scheming piece of shit who may back-stab me any given time.

Paxter Redwyne knows his ships. Same with Monford. 

Brynden Tully is the reason why Robb was so succesful. He also is the childhood hero of Jaime and we all know how good Jaime ended up being. A man respected by warriors from Dorne to the Wall.

Cressen is loyal,brave and wise and sacrificed himself in the name of the man he served.

Daenerys Targaryen's Queensguard would be made up of the following:

1. Jorah Mormont - because Jorah is loyal to Dany.
  2. Barristan Selmy - same reason as Jorah.
  3. Strong Belwas - he can be easily knighted, so he becomes Ser Belwas the Strong.
  4. Larraq the Lash - unique fighting style that could make him useful.
  5. Tumco Lho - best natural swordsman.
  6. Gerris Drinkwater
  7. Symon Stripeback
  8. Archibald Yronwood - Dany is the Queen and can choose more if she wants to.
  9. Ser Shadrech 
  10. Garlan Tyrell

Ofcourse she also has her three Bloodriders for protection at all times and The Unsullied.

Small Council

1. Master of Coin - Lothar Frey - because the Freys know how to make money.
  2. Hand of the Queen - Tyrion Lannister
  3. Master of Spies - Varys
  4. Commander of the City Watch - Greyworm - he is loyal to Dany and cannot be bought off.
  5. Master of Ships - Tristane Martell
  6. Special Adviser to the Queen - Missandei of Naath
  7. Special Adviser to the Queen - Daario Naharis
  8. Special Adviser to the Queen - Archmaester Marwyn
  9. Special Adviser to the Queen - Quaithe
  10. Special Adviser to the Queen and Ambassador to the Children of the Forest - Brynden Rivers

The Queen's Husband

Lord Wilas Tyrell - because the Tyrells have historically been loyal to the Targaryens and they have much to offer. 

Most important, the Queen's Dragons

1. Drogon
  2. Viserion
  3. Rhaegal

The Queen's Allies Across the Narrow Sea

1. Illyrio Mopatis
  2. Benerro
  3. Moqorro
  4. Vogaro's Widow

Lord of Dragonstone, but not in the line of succession

Prince Aegon Blackfyre, otherwise known as young Griffin.

The Queen's Burnt Offerings to the Flame

1. Mirri Maz Duur
  2. Hizdahr zo Loraq
  3. Jon Snow
  4. Euron

Handmaidens

1. Irri
  2. Jhiqui
  3. Penny

Lords and Ladies Paramounts

1. Arrianne Martell for Dorne
  2. Nestor Royce for the Vale
  3. Any Darry bastard, even a Frey, for the Riverlands.  Rebuild House Darry from one of the bastards
  4. Mace Tyrell for the Reach
  5. Barbrey Dustin for the North
  6. The Reader for the Iron Isles
  7. Emmon Frey for the Westerlands

The Stormlands will be taken by the Crown for its own and given to the Lord of Dragonstone.  The title and office of the Prince of Dragonstone will be removed.  Dragonstone will become a "kingdom" and will have rule over the Stormlands.

Steward of the Bay of Dragons (Meereen, Yunkai, and Astapor)

The Honorable Skahaz mo Kandaq

Harrenhal will be given to Lord Lymond Goodbrook, for his family's loyalty to the Targaryens

Okay, I will write this as if I was Robert Baratheon first and then as though I was Aegon Blackfyre second. 

As Robert, my queen would need to bind the realm together. Gowever the Lannisters did not really deserve the crown. Most logically, a Tyrell or Martell would suffice..but both daughters would have been a little young for Robert when he took the throne. In the end, I would go with Mina or Janna Tyrell (hopefully neither were married at this point or at least one was not.) I think either would make a good queen and bring the Reach into the Kingdom nicely. Sisters of Mace Tyrell should be worthy of a marriage to a King. For my Kingsguard, I would choose members from 7 of the 7 Kingdoms (with the Riverlands replacing the Iron Isles). From the North (the hardest to choose), Ser Jorah Mormont, Ser Marlon Manderly, or Ser Domeric Bolton (age and timing may come into this). From the Riverlands, Ser Brynden Tully. He is well regarded by many and unmarried. From the Vale, Ser Lyn Corbray. Again unmarried and semi well regarded. From the Westerlands, I would parden Ser Jamie Lannister and try to make him my friend (his opinion of Robert may change a lot if he was bot married to Cersei). From the Westerlands, Ser Barristan Selmy would be pardoned and made my Lord Commander as what really happened. From the Reach is hard, but maybe Ser Arys Oakheart just like in the books (Loras would be like 1 at the time). Finally from Dorne, Prince Oberyn Martell if he would accept. (I would have sent Tywin Lannister to the Wall for his murder of Rhaenys, Aegon, and Elia..perhaps even cut his head off and named Kevan Lannister as Castellan of Casterly Rock until Tyrion came of age to take his rightful place). If Oberyn would not, perhaps his squire Ser Daemon Sand or Ser Archibald Yronwood. My small council: 

Hand : Lord Jon Arryn, he was a smart guy and deserved the spot. Although I would be much more involved in the governing of the realm than the real Robert was.

Master of Coin : Garth Tyrell, he is presented well by Mace at least.

Master of Ships : Stannis Baratheon, he was good as Masters of ship. On another note, I would have found him a better match than Selyse Florent...perhaps a Dornish bride.

Grand Maester : I would have requested a new one from the citadel.

Master of Laws : Someone from the Westerlands perhaps, Lord Damon Marbrand it Lord Tytos Brax or Lady Alysanne Lefford perhaps. Whoever was good with laws and would take some power from Tywin's kin...as they would presumbly hate me.

Master of Whispers : Olenna Tyrell lol I am sorry,  but it could work maybe

Now to if I was King Aegon I Blackfyre and much more recent in the theoy.

Queen and the only reason I hold power : Queen Daenerys Targaryen, for obvious reasons.

Kingsguard : 

Ser Barristan Selmy

Ser Balon Swann

Ser Loras Tyrell

Ser Tumco Lho

Ser Jorah Mormont

Ser Archibald Yronwood

a Riverlander..not sure who the best sword would be..but someone to help smooth things over...perhaps a younger Vance or Blackwood given time. Basically this list is forgiven foes and those coming with Daenerys.

Small Council : 

Hand : Lord Tytos Blackwood or Lord Jason Mallister. Helps smooth things over in the Riverlands.

Master if Coin : Lord Wyman Manderly, helps smooth things over with the North. He must have done something right in White Harbor..

Master of Ships : Lord Paxter Redwyne, get the Reach in line.

Master of Law : Lord Yohn Royce..get the Vale in line. Also might Lord Yohn as Lord Protector of the Vale tell Robert dies or comes of age.

Master of Whispers : Lysono Maar, of the Golden Company. Amongst other honors the Golden Company will recieve.

Later perhaps Lord Tyrion Lannister or Lady Shireen Baratheon, hopefully te respective Lords Paramount of their areas.

Lords Paramount : 

the North : Lord Rickon Stark (Lady Sansa Stark as Lord Protector tell he comes of age) If Danerys can produce kids..a marriage to one of our daughters is in order)

the Riverlands : Lord Edmure Tully (forgiven)

the Vale : Lord Harrold Arryn (after Lord Robert inevitably dies, married to Sansa Stark)

the Westerlands : Lord Tyrion Lannister (his wedding absolved as unlawful but he can marry someone else)

the Vale : Lord Mace Tyrell

the Stormlands : Lady Shireen Baratheon, ...could marry someone important...maybe Willas Tyrell (their oldest inherits the Reah and their second named Baratheon inherits the Stormlands) Another option is Edric Storm, her cousin who would be legitimized as Baratheon.

Dorne : Prince Doran Martell

Commander of the City Watch : Skahaz Mo Kandaq (lets face it, he dies if left behind) 

King's Special Sworn Sword : Ser Rolly Duckfield

Queen's Guards : Marselen, Symond Stipeback, Mollono Yos Dob, Jhogo, Aggo, Rakharo, Strong Belwas

So I'm in Robert's position but I am not Robert himself? I'm gonna assume he died then.

Assuming that I am from a house which does not have much animosity between itself and others.

Kingsguard :

Lord Commander: Barristan Selmy
Loras Tyrell
Areo Hotah
Garlan Tyrell
Robar Royce
Brienne of Tarth
Jon Snow

Small council: 

Hand - Doran Martell
Grand Maester - Luwin
Master of Laws - Davos Seaworth
Master of Whispers - Someone from my house.
Master of Coin -  Wyman Manderly
Master of Ships - Stannis Baratheon

Queen :

Margaery Tyrell

Lords Paramount:

Dorne: Doran Martell (Arianne Martell acting)

Warden of the East: Robert Arryn

Warden of the West: Tyrion Lannister (Tywin and Jaime were executed)

Warden of the North: Eddard Stark

Warden of the South: Mace the Ace

Lord Paramount of the Riverlands: Hoster Tully

Lord Paramount of the Stormlands: Stannis Baratheon (Renly Baratheon acting)

I guess my main goal with both my Kingsguard and council (aside from competency), is trying to bind certain houses to me, while also satisfying them. Although Robert would have died, it would be before he was proclaimed king, and so Stannis would have no basis to think of himself as the rightful king; so him being both Lord Paramount of the Stormlands and a member of the Small Council should satisfy him.

The Martells... I would have executed both Tywin (+ all the men involved in the killing of the Targaeryan children)  and Jaime, which would have satisfied Doran in at least a small measure. By keeping him close and in a highly elevated position as Hand of the King, which he surely could not refuse, I feel he may grow to value the influence he could have in shaping Westeros (I may even acquiesce to implementing some elements of Dornish Law, as long as it does not include Cersei coming before Tyrion as Lady of the Rock). I would have Areo on the Kingsguard to give him some sense of safety, but he'd be surrounded by Tyrells. I'd put the Tower of the Hand to some other use, and have another building which both suits his physical limits and status as Prince of Dorne. Then again I have trouble understanding the intentions of even the simplest character so this is probably a terrible idea.

A few Tyrells to satisfy Mace. I'd force myself to have some Tyrell princes and princesses with Margaery. She'd feel safe with two of her brothers in the Kingsguard.

Barristan needs no explanation imo. 

Jon to satisfy Catelyn, and then hopefully Ned too (he wouldn't have to be sent to the wall, and would have Luwin). I know Jon is like 14 at the start of the series, but due to it being a time of peace, I feel it would be rather safe for him to be taken on as somewhat of an apprentice. Also having Luwin would allow him to communicate with Eddard, Robb, Arya and Bran, and could talk to Bran about being a Kingsguard.
I mostly want to leave the members of the Stark family alone.

Davos because Davos.

I feel like none of this makes sense after going through it haha.

Empress of Westeros and Essos:  Daenerys Targaryen

Consort to the Empress and Hand of the Empress:  Willas Tyrell

Small Council in Westeros: Tyrion Lannister, Varys, Garlan Tyrell, Jorah Mormont, Greyworm, Aliser Thorne, Samwell Tarly, and Missandei.

Small Council in Essos:  Widow of the Waterfront, Skahaz, Quaithe, Marwyn, and Illyrio.

Queen's Guards:  Barristan, Belwas, Barristan's squires, Hosteen Frey, and Balon Swan.

Bloodriders: The Dothraki

I'm writing this under the assumption that I am an external force manipulating events to my choosing.

The following individuals would be discreetly "taken care of" perhaps with the help of Faceless Men or through other hopefully subtle means.

Spoiler

Anders Yronwood, Balon Greyjoy, Bowen Marsh, Cersei Lannister, Doran Martell, Euron Greyjoy, Gregor Clegane, Illyrio Mopatis, Joffrey Baratheon, Lysa Arryn, Mace Tyrell, Nymeria Sand, Obara Sand, Oberyn Martell, Petyr Baelish, Ramsay Snow, Randyll Tarly, Rickard Karstark, Roose Bolton, Selyse Florent, Stannis Baratheon, Sweet Robin, Tyene Sand, Tywin Lannister, Varys, Walder Frey + all of the Frey's who would willingly take part in the Red Wedding.

The deaths of Stannis, Doran and Oberyn are regrettable, but necessary. Stannis is just too rigid and forcing a new foreign religion on the population can only lead to more war and suffering. Speaking of war and suffering, Doran and Oberyn's plan to wipe out the Baratheon and Lannister lines completely is absolute insanity. Everyone else is self explanatory.

Queen: Shireen Baratheon.
King: Willas Tyrell.
Hand: Lord Renly Baratheon.

Three individuals with reasonably decent heads on their shoulders.

Renly, for all of his character flaws, is a competent politician, not inherently cruel and is far more amiable and generally easier to work with than his older brother. Of the three potential Kings vying for the Iron Throne in Clash, Renly was by far the safest option. Willas is widely regarded as highly competent and an all around good guy. Shireen seems to have some potential and in time hopefully will be molded into a good ruler.

In order to protect the lives of Myrcella and Tommen, I would have the word spread throughout the realm that while Cersei did have an ongoing affair for years and that Robert was not the father of their children, I would not put the blame at Jaime's feet. I would have someone framed (probably a criminal in the black cells) and if necessary tortured into admitting to his "crime" before the population of Kings Landing. He would then promptly be excuted.
If the nobility and small folk alike were gullible enough to believe Patchface was Shireen's father, then I guess you can pretty much spin any yarn you like in Westeros and get away with it.

This way, Myrcella and Tommen would be able to keep their heads due to being unknowing innocent bastards, instead of "abominations" born of incest. Jaime, by virtue would also be allowed to keep his head and position as a sworn brother of the Kingsguard provided he remained silent. The children would then be able to live out the rest of their days comfortably at Casterly Rock in the custody of their uncle Tyrion, who would be the new Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West.

In order to shore up any confusion in regards to inheritance, Myrcella and Tommen would be legitimized as full blown Lannisters and would stand to inherite CR after Tyrion if he doesnt have children of his own.

Small council:

Master of Laws:
Lord Mathis Rowan.
Master of Ships: Lord Davos Seaworth.
Master of Coin: Ser Kevan Lannister.
Master of Whispers: Marwyn.
Grand Maester: Gormon.
Lord Commander of the Queensguard: Ser Barristan Selmy.

Queensguard:

- Ser Arys Oakheart.
- Ser Balon Swann.
- Ser Barristan Selmy (Lord Commander).
- Lady Brienne of Tarth.
- Ser Jaime Lannister.
- Ser Loras Tyrell.
- Ser Robar Royce.

Seven capable swordsmen but more importantly all are trustworthy (Yes, even Jaime) and at least attempt to do the right thing and act honorably.

Anyway, by the time Daenerys shows up with her Dragons hopefully enough years have passed so that Shireen and Willas have had a son for Dany to marry so everyone can bend the knee and not get burned to a crisp.

This will be the setup of the crown administration made up of able and reputable figures.

Queen  Cersei Lannister- as my queen the match will be very useful in Securing the Military power and finances of the westerlands  should the need arise.

Kingsguard will be composed of skilled fighters vetted properly and of will be of good repute, They will be picked from  specific houses that will feature in my political sphere  and patronage.

Lord Commander -  Ser Benedict Broom skilled Swordsman with proper experience as a master in arms at Casterly Rock renowed for producing fine swordsmen and training men to fight during wars.

Balon swann(stormlands) young, brave, courteous and a skilled fighter.

Ser Emmon Cuy (reach) a reputable knight skilled swordsman from a house sworn to House Hightower

Ser Robar Royce(Vale) a renowned swordsman

Ser Arys Oakheart a skilled and courteous knight

Ser Eerl Harlaw (iron Isles) a skilled fighter and bring add some prestige and recognition to the Iron Isles

Ser Gerris Drinkwater(Dorne) described as having a swordsman grace and  confidence

Small Council

Hand Of the King – Lord Tywin Lannister-confident in his ability to offer me sound council; make good administrative decisions when needed and a useful ally to have in your corner during times of trouble.

Master of Coin - Ser Baelor Hightowera knight of renowned reputation and ability in the reach from a family that well regarded across the kingdom of westeros.

Master of Ships – Lord Gerold Grafton – charged with commanding the royal fleet his experience in managing a city port will come in handy when required in trade, securing merchant vessels and maintaining a navy for the crown.

Master of Laws – Lord Randyll Tarly as an advisor relating to the administration of justice his profile and repute make him most suited to manage the docket.

Grand Maester –  Pycelle has a good understanding of the docket given the number of years as the head adviser on matters of lore and wisdom.

Master of whisperers – Qyburn his reputation seems to confer the position to him naturally

Lord  Commander of the Kings guard -  Ser Benedict Broom skilled Swordsman with proper experience as a master in arms at Casterly Rock renowed for producing fine swordsmen and training men to fight during wars.

Advisors to the Small Council

Lord Mathis Rowan.

High Septon

Lady Arwyn Oakheart

Lothar Frey

Lord Commander of the City Watch Kingslanding Ser Jacelyn Bywater

WARDENS

Wardens Of the North –Lord  Roose Bolton

Wardens Of the East – Lord Royce

Warden of The West –Lord Tywin Lannister

Warden of The South- Lord Mace Tyrell

Warden of Stone Way, Lord Yronwood

Queen: Margaery Tyrell 

Reason: it binds the most popolous, second most wealthy and the region with the most fighting men to my side.

Small council:

Hand of the King: Tyrion Lannister: He is shrewd, intelligent, cunning, 

Master of Ships: Stannis Baratheon: A competent and stern commander

Master of Laws: Eddard Stark: he is honest and has honor, also I can save up my money for the headsman's office, since Ned would do that as well :D

Master of Coin: Wyman Manderley: the manderlys are rich and fat, they should know how to get my money

Master of whisperers: Davos Seaworth: the guy was a smuggler after all, so he knows how the smallfolk thinks and how to go unnoticed etc.

Lord Commander of KG: Barristan Selmy, he is the most prestigous knight in Westeros and a true badass

Grand Maester: This guy is appointed by the conclave but I think Cressen, Luwin and Gormon Tyrell would do good.

Lord Commander of the City Watch: Blackfish Tully a cunning and capable commander with great reputation

Consort to the Queen and Hand of the Queen = Prince Aegon

Queen = Daenerys Targaryen

Small Council = Tyrion, Varys, Lothar, Margery, Illyrio, Bloodraven, and Missandei

Queensguard = Barristan, Jorah, Greyworm, Belwas, Lyn Corbray, Trystane Martell, and Shadrech the Mouse

Governor of the former Slaver's Bay:  Skahaz mo Kandaq

Governor of Volantis:  Widow of the Waterfront

Queen of the Seven Kingdoms and the Bay of Dragons - Daenerys

Consort to the Queen - Aegon Blackfyre

Hand of the Queen - Jorah Mormont

Small Council and Advisers to the Queen - Willas Tyrell, Margery Tyrell, Tyrion Lannister, Barristan Selmy, Varys, and Missandei.

Queen's Guards - 3 Bloodriders, Belwas, Daario, Greyworm, and Gerold Dayne

Archived