U.S. Elections: The Narcissist and the Nineteenth Amendment

Ormond

Well one thing this election has done is make me more proud of my state since it's one of the few that would vote Hillary I even if only they men voted. But looking at the rest of that map I think I might have become a secessionist.  

1 hour ago, briantw said:

But I really dislike the Clintons, so voting for Hillary is obviously not something I was interested in if I could avoid it.  Unfortunately, the Republicans haven't seen fit to offer much in the way of a sane, viable alternative.  The closest we've gotten to that in recent years was John McCain, but sadly that was a few years after John McCain went absolutely batshit crazy.

To the bolded may I ask why? 

I was a kid when Bill was in office but I've always heard that he was a really good president and people seemed to like him. And I know Hilary has been involved in politics for a while but I always figured that the Clintons were likable. 

29 minutes ago, Maester Drew said:

Well it's a damned good thing I've never been a Democrat. I've been an Independent since I was eighteen.

Fair enough. If that's the label that makes you happiest. But the poster I was originally responding to seemed to claim they were a Democrat, which is what I originally was responding to.

Can you please clarify, are you speaking of Kasich or another candidate?

Kasich, who was particularly awful about women's rights, but you could stick any one of the GOP presidential candidates in there and it could still apply. Voting for any of them is voting against voting rights for minorities, women's rights, LGBTQ equality, and also supports the current ruling on Citizens United. 

1 minute ago, The Wolves said:

To the bolded may I ask why? 

I was a kid when Bill was in office but I've always heard that he was a really good president and people seemed to like him. And I know Hilary has been involved in politics for a while but I always figured that the Clintons were likable. 

I'm going to guess that it's because he's a Browns fan so he has no idea what competence looks like.

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

And because things needed to get weirder, the Serbian story reported earlier? Being called a hoax by the Trump campaign, and I'm kind of inclined to believe them.

Except the orange stalin's voice and face were all over the news at his campaign rally apologizing to the serbs for the U.S. intervention and saying they were good guy.s

14 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Except the orange stalin's voice and face were all over the news at his campaign rally apologizing to the serbs for the U.S. intervention and saying they were good guy.s

Really? I haven't seen any excerpts from rallies about that. Do you happen to have a link?

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've never understood why labeling someone as a career politician should be viewed as a legitimate smear. 

Yeah, makes no sense to me. I want a statesman running my state, not an orange peel granted sentience by an insane and racist malfunctioning AI. 

3 hours ago, Maester Drew said:

So... #repealthe19th... wow, just wow.

Maybe Hillary was right to call Trump supporters deplorables.

Without sarcasm, it is nice to see that there are lines to some people that should not be crossed. The amount of ground conceded before that line is not to be dismissed, but a reversal of opinion is in itself at least a sign of some form of conscience.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

/First response: You could argue that less than a month before a presidential election is an "appropriate time"

What are you taking about? it's not 28 October yet. He can release the evidence on 10 November well ahead of Trump's presidential election on 28 November.

They are still in negotiation for how much to pay alibi witnesses to say that they were with Trump at the time in a totally different place. It will be appropriate to provide the evidence once it's been fully paid for.

4 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

They are still in negotiation for how much to pay alibi witnesses to say that they were with Trump at the time in a totally different place. It will be appropriate to provide the evidence once it's been fully paid for.

H'eh.  How much did the tapes Geraldo and his brother have cost Trump? His little tease about all their tapes was just a fishing trip.  LOL, methinks they caught a big one. 

6 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

What are you taking about? it's not 28 October yet. He can release the evidence on 10 November well ahead of Trump's presidential election on 28 November.

Ha! When's the last time Trump actually paid his workers?

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Without sarcasm, it is nice to see that there are lines to some people that should not be crossed. The amount of ground conceded before that line is not to be dismissed, but a reversal of opinion is in itself at least a sign of some form of conscience.

Now, it isn't to say I was ever a Trump supporter nor have I ever agreed with a lot of his policies. It's just, I have grudgingly admitted that Hillary Clinton is the lesser of two evils.

12 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Maybe?

Yes maybe. I am still miffed that Clinton called half of Trump supporters deplorables. Trump from the start made it quite clear he didn't give a damn about insulting whomever he pleased. Hillary, on the other hand, never stooped so low as to insult entire groups of people... until that "deplorable" comment. 

I found it hypocritical on her part, so yes, it is a "maybe she was right" for me.

Archived