Survey USA poll

TEXAS

trump 47

clinton 43

johnson 03

stein 01

undecided 05

texas is in play

A few more R's jump to Johnson and Hillary could win. Who was it here from Texas who said they can safely choose not to vote for Hillary because Texas is a lock for Trump come what may?

Though one can still argue that reluctant Hillary voters in Texas can still stay home, because Hillary, nor any Democrat in future until Johnson's red giant engulfs the Earth, will never need to rely on Texas to become president. For a Democrat Texas is strictly for bragging rights.

A few more R's jump to Johnson and Hillary could win. Who was it here from Texas who said they can safely choose not to vote for Hillary because Texas is a lock for Trump come what may?

Though one can still argue that reluctant Hillary voters in Texas can still stay home, because Hillary, nor any Democrat in future until Johnson's red giant engulfs the Earth, will never need to rely on Texas to become president. For a Democrat Texas is strictly for bragging rights.

And down-ballot support for Texas Dems. They're like resistance fighters behind the lines or something.

7 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

With the eventual heat-death of the universe.

Remember the like button on posts? I miss it sometimes ^^^

6 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Owen Ellickson, one of the few highlights of this election along with every appearance by Michelle Obama. He liked a tweet of mine last week and it made my entire, flu-y day.

And speaking of FLOTUS: what a speech. People pop up and talk about her running in 2020 or 2024, but I'd prefer to see her and Barack free of the White House to do their own things.

3 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The last Democrat who needed Texas to win the Presidency is still alive. Realignments are quirky things.

Also, Texas Democrats massively backed Hillary over Bernie in the primary - I don't think reluctant Hillary voters will be a problem.

6 hours ago, Maester Drew said:

Yes maybe. I am still miffed that Clinton called half of Trump supporters deplorables. Trump from the start made it quite clear he didn't give a damn about insulting whomever he pleased. Hillary, on the other hand, never stooped so low as to insult entire groups of people... until that "deplorable" comment. 

I found it hypocritical on her part, so yes, it is a "maybe she was right" for me.

Except that Trump insults people based on their gender, religion, and nationality. Clinton mocked some subset of people who had chosen a particular candidate to support. You can see the difference, right?

4 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Trump is apparently going to show that the accusations are baseless...by...um...attacking the Mexican billionaire Carlos slim, who at one point donated to the Clinton Foundation and owns about 17% of the times.

We're mere days from his problems being the fault of Jews, too. Or, you know, as Trump likes to put it... "the Jews."

15 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

We're mere days from his problems being the fault of Jews, too. Or, you know, as Trump likes to put it... "the Jews."

Some claim that has already happened.

Title of article is: At Long Last, Trump Blames The Jews For His Failed Campaign.

Can you guys just get on with this election please so it doesn't have to feel like being sprayed in the face by rank compost every time one opens the news? :crying:

12 hours ago, briantw said:

I meant exactly what I said.  Hillary Clinton is a terrible candidate for president.  She'd be damn near unelectable in a general election if she were going against anyone other than the guy that will probably go down as the worst presidential candidate in American history.  Hillary is corrupt to the core and a criminal.  She's bought and paid for by rich corporations and serves their best interests, not the best interests of the American people (which, to be fair, is a charge that could be leveled at a lot of politicians on both sides of the aisle).  She's actively targeted and tried to suppress the voices of women who were raped or assaulted by her husband (who she has stood by to advance her political career) in the past while trashing Trump for the same types of illicit activities.  She's definitely committed obstruction of justice by deleting emails after she was subpoenaed, and she admitted to that in the most recent debate.  Her and her husband used their foundation to exploit Haiti while it was in crisis and make money for her rich friends.  She worked under the table with the DNC to ensure that Bernie Sanders didn't get a fair shake and to make sure that she was the candidate for president this year.  And those are only the tip of the iceberg that is Hillary Clinton.  

Pretending that Hillary is anything other than the lesser of two evils is covering up for her many sins.  She's not a good person.  She's a career politician who has cared about little other than advancing herself and her own best interests throughout her career.  She's a public servant who has served herself and her rich friends rather than the public, and will continue to do so when she's president in a few months.  She's lied and cheated and covered things up and continues to do so, and she got a pass from the FBI for something any normal person would have been imprisoned for.

Again, I think Trump is a worse person and candidate and would have been an abject disaster as president, but Hillary is absolutely the lesser of two evils here.

And lest you think I'm some bitter Republican pissed that my party is imploding, I'm a Democrat and have never been registered as anything other than a Democrat in the fifteen years (approximately) that I've been eligible to vote.  Hillary Clinton, to me, represents everything wrong with American politics and the direction the Democratic Party has been heading.  It's just a shame that the Republican Party has gone completely batshit insane the past ten to fifteen years and can't nominate someone who is fucking sane enough to win a general election.

Ok, so you do believe that she's genuinely evil, but a slightly lesser evil than Trump.  But then:

11 hours ago, briantw said:

I honestly don't understand why it's so outlandish for a Democrat to dislike Hillary.  She's a crap candidate, and I think she's moving the Democratic Party in the wrong direction.

is considerably different, and less extreme, than your original statements and what you were insisting you believed.  

So, my suggestion that maybe she isn't truly only marginally better than Trump, and something more akin to "someone very far from someone you'd want to vote for" was more appropriate phrasing after all?

I get that you don't like her on a personal and visceral level.   But this kind of hyperbole (insisting she is evil, and/ or only marginally better than Trump) is frustrating, out of touch with reality, and frankly, disturbing, as it implies one doesn't truly grasp the devastating nature of Trump's prodigious enormities.

Man that Michelle Obama speech is unbelievable! To think we will have her and her husband out being strong advocates and organizers for civil rights for years to come!

chills and tears and hope and determination listening to her speech, wow.

I can get behind thinking she's 'evil'...what else is a hawk? She's going to invade somewhere, innocent people in other parts of the world are going to die...does anyone doubt it? Realize that for much of the world that fact being a certainty based upon her outlook is pretty evil. For many Americans it's one of many considerations, one they've grown accustomed to and overwrite with grim fatalistic sagacity about the ways of the world and marginalizing phrases like 'intervention', and offset this with things like how she'll manage the economy and abortion and whatnot, but those offsets don't remotely help the people's who are going to be 'intervened' with. It's ever been thus for expansive super-powers, and you don't become one without embracing the idea that other deaths 'over there' matter less, but it's behaviour that is alarming when other nations do likewise. 

Neo-cons and Dubya goons have been supporting her for some time now. For a reason.

If Trump were reliably anti-intervention and less unstable...eh, hard to say. I still think he might harm more people with his domestic policies than HRC is likely to with her neo~~ism, but it would definitely be a harder call. But he's not, his combustibility might even make him several degrees worse (though he also might avoid foreign actions...who the fuck knows?) so it's a very easy call. But IMO any hawk with power is very likely to do a great deal of evil, whatever her record on child welfare. 

48 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

Man that Michelle Obama speech is unbelievable! To think we will have her and her husband out being strong advocates and organizers for civil rights for years to come!

chills and tears and hope and determination listening to her speech, wow.

I wish Michelle was running. Unlike Hilary, I'd have no problems voting for her or being harassed about not thinking she is an angel while Trump is demon. 

13 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

I wish Michelle was running. Unlike Hilary, I'd have no problems voting for her or being harassed about not thinking she is an angel while Trump is demon. 

People are harassing you for not thinking Hillary is as pure as the driven snow?   Or are people frustrated with comparisons that make it seem like Trump is not several orders of magnitude more despicable than Hillary could ever hope to be?

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Trump Will Torch the Supreme Court
Conservatives hoping Trump will be better than Hillary on SCOTUS are fooling themselves.

http://reason.com/archives/2016/10/12/trump-will-torch-the-supreme-court-not-r

Thank you for that.  I know a number if reasonable people supporting Trump on this one issue.

2 hours ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

The last Democrat who needed Texas to win the Presidency is still alive. Realignments are quirky things.

Also, Texas Democrats massively backed Hillary over Bernie in the primary - I don't think reluctant Hillary voters will be a problem.

Jimmy?

16 minutes ago, butterbumps! said:

People are harassing you for not thinking Hillary is as pure as the driven snow?   Or are people frustrated with comparisons that make it seem like Trump is not several orders of magnitude more despicable than Hillary could ever hope to be?

Both of those seem kinda the same to me

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Jimmy?

Yep. Technically, he'd have won 1976 without Texas if everything else had remained the same (it'd have been a razor-thin margin though - 271 EVs, rather than the 297 he actually got), but given that Carter's 3% win in Texas was bigger than his wins in Ohio, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Hawaii, and Pennsylvania, I think it's fair to say that if Carter had lost Texas, he'd have lost the election.

It's the equivalent of Hillary losing Pennsylvania in 2016 - she could win without it, but if she's losing it, she's losing elsewhere.

Archived