MLB Postseason: All Arms on Deck

Myshkin

12 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I get it, Joe Buck. Kershaw is an amazing pitcher, but I don't think he wants to have your baby...

As if he hasn't spent half the game gushing over Baez.

Seager fails to deliver.  Again.  This series is going to be over in a hurry if this guy doesn't start hitting.

6 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Kershaw is going tonight on 2 days rest? Okay, gotta call Roberts out on that one. This is a 7 game set, no need to panic. And Kershaw is not Bumgarner, I don't care what any of you Dodger fucks have to say about that.

6 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Buck is failing miserably at calling these games impartially imo. Might as well dress him up in a cubs uniform.

He once said calling Cubs World Series games would be the highlight of his career.  I mean, I understand why, but I don't think it's really a great look for a national broadcaster.

Just to show that my 'squeezed' comment wasn't just sour grapes;

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/125250/indians-called-strikes-advantage-significant-through-2-games

But to reiterate, compared with last year's AzLCS, the Indians getting 'only' 9 extra strikes over 2 games is a significant improvement. Not sure if it's the bat flip, the fact that a few of our guys jaw at the umps a lot or what, but we've been seeing these double-standard strike zones for a while now.

Damn. Heck of a game.  Kershaw, despite looking like the sweatiest of the hobos that are the Dodgers, can pitch the he'll out of the baseball.  

It's a best of 5 now, and Kershaw can't pitch the next three games, can he?

16 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Just to show that my 'squeezed' comment wasn't just sour grapes;

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/125250/indians-called-strikes-advantage-significant-through-2-games

But to reiterate, compared with last year's AzLCS, the Indians getting 'only' 9 extra strikes over 2 games is a significant improvement. Not sure if it's the bat flip, the fact that a few of our guys jaw at the umps a lot or what, but we've been seeing these double-standard strike zones for a while now.

I'm willing to bet that it's less about the flip and more abut jawing at the umpires. 

Archived