MLB Postseason: All Arms on Deck

Myshkin

17 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Ugh. What a sellout.

I'd say it's more like a consumate sports fan.  Acknowledging a rival.  Can we just get 4 more years out of the guy, even if he is a White Sox fans?

If there's one criticism I have of the Cubs, and to a lesser extent the Indians, it's because it's taken so freaking long time get to the World Series, we're being deluged with the history lessons of, "The last time the Cubs were in the series..."  It would have been nice to avoid quite so much of this... 

#Herewago!

9 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I'd say it's more like a consumate sports fan.  Acknowledging a rival.  Can we just get 4 more years out of the guy, even if he is a White Sox fans?

Eh, he's on the way out, should've zinged the Cubs one last time :D. Regardless, here's to hoping this is an interesting Series.

And yeah, I'd take 4 more years of him too considering what's on the way.

Go Tribe! I guess...

I've spent the weekend trying to convince myself that the happiness of all my Cubs friends and family will make it worth their victory. Unfortunately, I will have to hear about it for the rest of my damn life, so, with apologies to Jaxom, half my famly, and some friends back in Chi that I really never will see again anyway, Go Cleveland. And go Bulls.

If I had to put a bet down to save a puppy, I would say Cubs in 5.

On 10/22/2016 at 9:55 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Oh. My. Gods.

Time for your Sophie's Choice: Would you rather have the Cubs win the World Series and Trump win the election, or would you rather see the Cubs get humiliated in the most Cubs way possible and see Trump lose by double digits? 

18 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I've spent the weekend trying to convince myself that the happiness of all my Cubs friends and family will make it worth their victory. Unfortunately, I will have to hear about it for the rest of my damn life, so, with apologies to Jaxom, half my famly, and some friends back in Chi that I really never will see again anyway, Go Cleveland. And go Bulls.

If I had to put a bet down to save a puppy, I would say Cubs in 5.

I've been quiet as can be to let my Cubby friends enjoy this run.  The team is just too damned good.

That said, I need Cleveland to win at least 1 of the first 3 games.  I have tickets for a concert in Chicago on Saturday and don't need the Cubs to be on the verge of a sweep that night. When it happens in game 5 or beyond, I want to be firmly entrenched in my exurban bunker. :wacko:

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Time for your Sophie's Choice: Would you rather have the Cubs win the World Series and Trump win the election, or would you rather see the Cubs get humiliated in the most Cubs way possible and see Trump lose by double digits? 

Oh Cubs. If Trump wins, the world with either end rather quickly or he'll be impeached and out of office before the Cubs have a chance to win the 2017 Series...

I should also say to all Cub fans: Welcome to the wonderful awfulness of having Joe Buck call a World Series for your team.

Seriously, the Cubs finally get back to the World Series and my FB timeline is filled with people crabbing about Joe Buck and signing useless petitions to have Bob Uecker call the series.

Joe Buck has been calling these games for years and years in the bombastic style that FOX has always wanted. Every fan thinks Buck is calling the game against their favorite team. Yes, even Cardinal fans blather and moan that Buck overcompensates against St Louis so as to not show bias, while at the same time the other side derides him for homerism.  It's not any of that; it's FOX that pays him to call the games the way he does.

So Cub fans, please, turn down the TV, turn on the radio, and pray Pat Hughes is calling the game. 

/rant

19 minutes ago, The Wedge said:

I should also say to all Cub fans: Welcome to the wonderful awfulness of having Joe Buck call a World Series for your team.

Seriously, the Cubs finally get back to the World Series and my FB timeline is filled with people crabbing about Joe Buck and signing useless petitions to have Bob Uecker call the series.

Joe Buck has been calling these games for years and years in the bombastic style that FOX has always wanted. Every fan thinks Buck is calling the game against their favorite team. Yes, even Cardinal fans blather and moan that Buck overcompensates against St Louis so as to not show bias, while at the same time the other side derides him for homerism.  It's not any of that; it's FOX that pays him to call the games the way he does.

So Cub fans, please, turn down the TV, turn on the radio, and pray Pat Hughes is calling the game. 

/rant

How amazing would Uecker be?

That said, Pass the Buck and find the radio broadcast.

The call for Uecker to call the game is out of some sense of fantasy living where Cleveland fans seem to need to live out Major League...same with Charlie Sheen and the first pitch and all those damn Jobu memes...let them have fantasyland...I'd rather see the Cubs win in reality...

(Uecker is awesome, don't get me wrong, I used to turn on Brewers games driving to work if there wasn't a Cubs game on...)

So had a rather heated discussion about the short fly to center with no outs and the bases loaded.  The proper play, assuming the CF saw it, was to throw to second and trade a possible run for a sure second out there right?  I mean, unless it's Willie Mays Hayes on third or something like that...

I refuse to get all excited and panic.  The Dodgers shut the Cubs out two games in a row, and that turned out alright.

I just wish some, some, of my Cleveland and Ohio friends weren't already turning into raging douchenozzles after one game.  We kid and tease and go after one another here, but at least it's tempered by understanding and love of sports.  The Indians might prove to be the better team in the WS, but Cleveland fans, that I know, are going full on "Cleveland is the most persecuted" sports city in the world! 

11 hours ago, mcbigski said:

So had a rather heated discussion about the short fly to center with no outs and the bases loaded.  The proper play, assuming the CF saw it, was to throw to second and trade a possible run for a sure second out there right?  I mean, unless it's Willie Mays Hayes on third or something like that...

I don't even know if Davis realized he had Schwarber dead to rights. He was so focused on the plate. 

The right play is going for second. That was a gimme.  

Archived